Leona + J4/Pantheon Bot Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CdoKeen

02-22-2012

Hey guys,
Trying to experiment with an aggressive bottom lane, and i'm looking for tips.
I've had mixed success playing around with Pantheon and a friend on Leona, I'm looking to buy J4 and try that too.

I know Leona and J4 is reasonably popular since Goose have had so much success with it.
Pantheon + Leona was used a bit on Leona's release but has since fallen out of fashion.

Why is J4 a better pick?
-Perhaps he simply has a more useful lategame than Panth?

Ideally does J4 get all the cs in this lane, or does he share with Leona?

Does J4 need to build damage in this lane to maintain dominance, or can he build GP10 with Leona?

What starting items would you recommend for this lane?

-With the idea of getting kills and being aggressive its very tempting to start dorans(with Panth), but with 0 sustain this can be very risky and can result in you getting zoned until lvl 2-3 at which point you can go aggressive. Even then if the first exchange doesn't go significantly in your favor things can get out of control fast.

Ive noticed it can be very snowbally, if you fail the first kill you might get zoned, if you die without kills it could be gg for the lane.
Any tips on minimising this risk?
Is it just as risky for J4?

- I think for a lot of matchups it might be wise for Panth + Leona to wait till lvl 3 before going aggro, at which point a full combo can probably 100-0% someone.

Anyway, if you've tried these lanes I'd love some advice.
What match-ups are favorable/unfavorable...
What items/summoners to start with...

etc.

If you haven't tried it, I encourage you to do so. If you find bot lane farm-fests to be boring, and you have a willing partner this might be a bit of fun for awhile.

CdoKeen

02-22-2012

Bump first page moves too fast.

I guess I'll get the ball rolling.
I think Nunu support is pretty susceptible to Panth + Leona, his iceball is useless if you have gap-closers and are unreliant on attack speed. He also can't sustain his partner and has no hard cc.

CdoKeen

02-22-2012

Looks like this thread is destined to die with no discussion.

Guess I should have mentioned SV's cough or HSGG....

Om3gaW3apon

02-22-2012

All i can help with is me and my brother run a similar bot lane as Maokai/Jarvan. personally we both share CS but i still do the average Warding as maokai while my brother builds damage. he starts dorans blade and build a phase and brutillizer, then later builds tanky items.

when using the combo make sure maokai initiates the fights with his twisted advance so jarvan can easily land his combo on the target. most situations u will get a kill every dive by level 3 unless both enemy champions blow summoners to survive.

im sure leona/panth or leona/j4 would do similar though so take what i said how you want it.

CdoKeen

02-22-2012

Oh cool I hadn't even thought of Maokai.

What other champions might work?

I guess all they really need is gap closers and good base damage, anyone have success with other champs?

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

02-22-2012

Leona + Pantheon has a lot of damage potential but pretty much needs flawless execution on both people to make use of, however numerous people can do the combo better.

Maokai+ Pantheon is a dirty, dirty lane the zoning they can pull of is just stupid.

Also the every classic Taric + Pantheon is pretty **** strong.

Sarise

02-22-2012

I've done the Leona/Jarvan lane before and it has worked out extremely well against any standard meta matchup at bottom. I was the Leona and I let Jarvan take all the farm (I normally play Leona support anyways). I just built my standard support items, and although his original intention was to go tanky dps, he ended up going pure dps because he got fed so hard and they surrendered at 20.

However, we came up against another kill lane and got trounced. It was Pantheon and I can't remember who else. Maybe a range AD like Graves or something, but I really don't remember.

CdoKeen

02-22-2012

Alistair has an even greater potential for diving if you get ahead, but may require your lane opponent to be in a dumb position. Garen also has really high base damage so maybe he could work too.

Niqhtmare x

02-22-2012

ahhh you didnt answer this question yet: "Ideally does J4 get all the cs in this lane, or does he share with Leona?"

CdoKeen

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoweprinz View Post
ahhh you didnt answer this question yet: "Ideally does J4 get all the cs in this lane, or does he share with Leona?"
Hrm i'm not sure, though I think that either Jarvan takes it all or they share till they (or maybe only Leona) has GP10's.