Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annoying things your coworkers do that won't really get them fired.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravel

02-22-2012

Mine saves all of her break time for the one hour when just she and I are taking calls (the rest of the day there's at least 3 people on). Naturally this means I'm busy as hell during that time, and she gets to skip half of what would normally be the busiest part of her day.

I'd do the same back to her, but I prefer taking my break when it will be less of an inconvenience to everyone else - plus I like taking my break when my wife gets home from work so we can both unwind for a bit.

What about you guys?

^A not so cleverly disguised "I hate my job" post.

Rahgar

02-22-2012

Not *currently* employed, but back when I was in a band, our drummer would spit on the ground. Inside. CONSTANTLY.

He doesn't even ****ing chew tobacco - he just spits because it's "cool".

He also wears his sunglasses indoors and acted like a total ****wit.

sammich kek

02-22-2012

Quote:
Ravel:
Mine saves all of her break time for the one hour when just she and I are taking calls (the rest of the day there's at least 3 people on). Naturally this means I'm busy as hell during that time, and she gets to skip half of what would normally be the busiest part of her day.

I'd do the same back to her, but I prefer taking my break when it will be less of an inconvenience to everyone else - plus I like taking my break when my wife gets home from work so we can both unwind for a bit.

What about you guys?

that's a management issue, no employee should be allowed to take break during any rush hour.

That's how it has been every every place I have ever worked

Ravel

02-22-2012

Quote:
ThinkSammich:
that's a management issue, no employee should be allowed to take break during any rush hour.

That's how it has been every every place I have ever worked

It's actually more a scheduling issue than anything. It's not considered a "peak" hour, so she's not really breaking any rules.., but our schedule has been this way for the past couple of months, and the guy who does the schedule the most cleverly disguised retard I've ever met.

sammich kek

02-22-2012

Quote:
Ravel:
and the guy who does the schedule the most cleverly disguised retard I've ever met.

haha.... chances are everyone knows how retarded he is, he just got the job because he knew someone who knew someone.

Ravel

02-22-2012

Quote:
ThinkSammich:
haha.... chances are everyone knows how retarded he is, he just got the job because he knew someone who knew someone.

Yeah, he's real good friends with the general manager - who's actually a great guy. Me and a couple of the other older employees (and some who have left) know just how inept this guy is, but he's been hiring his roomates and whatnot - all of whom think he's this great guy.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Elan Tedronai

02-23-2012

My boss brings her dog in to work and lets it roam the office building barking at random things and chewing up document boxes. She's the CFO though, so...

CrillSon

02-23-2012

My favorite so far is when someone in my office gets on speaker phone with another person in the office who puts them on speaker phone on the same **** floor not even 100 feet away from eachother. So you basically hear their entire conversation in stereo.

Also the office just upgraded all computers for support staff and attorneys so everyone is required to take tons of hour long classes on the updated software that we will eventually be tested on. I have taken probably 10 of these classes and in every single one of them Our instructor is in another office somewhere and doing the teaching from a conference call with several other offices around the country. Since we failed to upgrade our phone systems half the time all you hear coming from the conference call is garbled nonsense and everyone from the other offices yelling about how they can't understand anything being said by the instructor. It usually takes 30 minutes to get all this worked out making the class last nearly two hours instead of one and you still don't really learn anything because you are so frustrated with the whole experience that most people spend the time in class *****ing about it. Not to mention that any actual work I could be doing at the time is getting pushed back or not done at all.

It is a joy to have a job though.

LoRdJuGgErNaUtX

02-23-2012

I use to work construction and because I live in the west U.S. this means i work with alot of hispanics. Most of them were more fun to work with then the drunk mean white guys I worked with. this one guy though... has lived in the U.S. for 15 YEARS and he still speaks almost NO english. I know more spanish from 2 years in highschool and working that job then he knows English!

anyway, every day it was the same thing. I'd be on my break eating lets say a.... turkey sandwhich. he'd come up to me and our converstiion would always go like this;

him: "do u like... turkey?"
me: *sigh* "yes"
him: "do you like... de sandweech?"
me: "yes marcos..."
him: "ooohh so do you like... de turkey sandweech?!?"

every.freaking.day.

and when he wanted me to do something he'd whistle REALLY loud and wave his hands emphatically!

TheMonocleRogue

02-23-2012

I work at a grocery store, and there's one worker at front service who has a glandular disorder that stunts his growth. Even though he's 30 years old he has the stature of a teenager, and he also has anxiety problems because of it. I feel very sorry for him.

Every now and then he'll have an outburst at the front counter for no apparent reason and sometimes he even swears out loud. Everyone gives him the proper respect at our store, though some deny it to him, and he has a lot of good customers that greet him daily. The managers don't care much about it either. In retrospect he probably told them about his difficulties before applying which makes it even harder as I could imagine.

Case and point: A lot of people can and will unintentionally piss you off at work and there's not a thing you can do to change them. You can only change how you react to the situation.