Should I jungle Shyvana or Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasty Togepi

02-25-2012

Shyvana is my personal choice. I believe she has a faster clear time than Udyr and I am pretty confident she can beat him in the jungle 1 on 1. She deals more damage than udyr with her burnout and twin bite before lv6. After lv 6 she will have an added 15 armor and magic resist, by which then udyr should be running away from you . Shyvana is a better choice for the team imo since she can become a disruptive offtank. She is great at initiating with her dragon's descent and disrupting team formation while dealing a constant stream of damage to multiple enemies. They can either freak out at the giant dragon and attempt to kill you and give times for your ad carries to wreck havoc, or they can ignore you and let u destroy them. Although shyvana does not have what some people would consider important in a tank, cc, she DOES have insane damage and her huge dragon is enough to attract attention to you.

Sherman Tea

07-10-2012

I'm personally looking at Sunfire Cape if you want to go tanky. It gives you armor and health, and just adds to her W. Also, the Tiamat would be beastly if you take into account her Q (splashing that huge basic attack would be great).

Anna Sachae

07-10-2012

Honestly, both of their ganks suck. Udyr has the advantage of a tiny amount of CC, but it's not enough to make the cut most of the time. People choose Udyr and Shyvana for meta-jungling - counterjungling, controlling buffs, preventing ganks.

In the jungle, both of them are pretty equal. They jungle obscenely fast and clear camps faster than anyone else. Ganking, they both suck. Most Shyvanas I see take Exhaust to counter that. Scaling into lategame...I think I'd give Shyvana the advantage. Ult makes her tanky and freaks the enemy team out, her area damage is incredible, and when properly fed there's not much they can do to stop you.

LoneChipmunk

07-10-2012

Im confused i thought shyv had good ganks. Dosnt her ult carry the person with her? If you do that you can carry the enemy right into the middle of yours.

Anna Sachae

07-10-2012

It's incredibly tricky to get them into a position to make that kind of use of it. Its intended purpose was to jump her into the fray to screw with peoples' days. The CC is almost negligible.

Most jungle Shyvanas have to take Exhaust (thus neglecting Flash, which she ALSO needs, since she lacks a non-ult escape) to make up for her nonexistant CC when ganking. Yes, her damage is absolutely insane, but it's difficult to apply that damage when they're running the other way. Shyv is at her best when the other team stays and fights. If they just kite her around a bunch, she's next to useless.

Udyr isn't any better off, though. His CC is okay for a toplane bruiser, but we expect a jungler to be able to facilitate a kill, not stall for damage for a couple of seconds. A one-second stun doesn't do much to help with kiting or runners, and most Udyrs -HAVE- to take Flash because he has absolutely no movement tools. This precludes Exhaust in the jungle.

So yeah. They're both incredibly solid junglers, but you're not going to get good ganks out of either without extreme CC in the lane or great coordination with your team. Probably both.

ooo Sick Boy ooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Shy faster clear times.
They both suck at ganking Shy has her ulti which doesn't help a lot but Udyr has a stun and speed burst so he's better there.
Udyr has better sustain and resilience.
They both build the same so that doesn't matter.

I would pick Udyr, cause he can lane too.

iPooLikeYou

07-10-2012

what your team needs. decide in champion selection.

Anarchy DraXer

07-10-2012

Udyr

Purpleiswin

07-11-2012

Shyv is a better choice
Buildwise, Boots for whatever, Wriggles, Madreds Bloodrazor, Force of Nature, Frozen Mallet, Atma's.
Madreds Bloodrazor does that 4% of their health on each on hit proc and your Q gives 2 procs and has a very short cd, annnnd resets the auto attack animation meaning if you auto, press q immediately and you do 3 attacks in a very short time. That's 12% of their health just gone in no time.
Wriggles gives you good sustain early game in jungle, the free ward, and a little armor, it's just nice to have on most any jungler/bruiser. Easily replaced by a bloodthirster late game if you need more damage.
Force of nature gives you a lot of magic resist that you need to be tanky, a little extra health regen is nice, and the movement speed ontop of your burnout's bonus speed, you'll be able to chase after almost any target if they try to run away because you'll move so fast.
Frozen Mallet makes chasing even easier, they end up slowed while you chase so they really just can't get away from you.
Atma's gives you armor, crit chance, and a nice ammount of AD based on your hp, which will be pretty high at lv 18 with a frozen mallet.
Only thing that really hurts shyv is CC, which if you get merc treads it hurts less, however ninja tabi are just as nice an option considering you'll be a little low on armor.

In terms of ganks, just bring exhaust and good times when the lane is pushed. If you have red buff you just need to get to them before they get away.

astrosega

07-11-2012

udyr