Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

99 Rules For Dating [MEN ONLY]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xzauhst

02-22-2012

It's come to my attention that some players from the LoL community have trouble with the dating scene. So, here are my 99 rules for dating. Please note, this applies to men dating women for long term relationships and trying to find Ms.Right.

1. You can NOT get back with your ex. Don't try it. It ended for a reason.
2. When you get a girls phone number, wait 5-9 days. This shows challenge.
3. The 3 main characteristics you need are confidence, self control, and challenge.
4. If a girl breaks a date with you within the first 2 months of dating, flush that number down the toilet. If she says she needs to "pack for vacation", she is lying. If she wanted to be with you, don't you think she's skip packing for an hour to go on a date?
5. Girls can not say "no" to your face. You will get a million excuses of why she can't give you her number or why she can't be with you. If she makes excuses, forget her.
6. A girl's interest level goes anywhere from 0-100%. A girl who has 51% interest level or higher cannot break a date with you, will not cheat on you, and wants to be with you. Once it drops to 49%, you are done. It cannot be raised again. Even with challenge.
7. Don't be the "nice guy" or the "jerk". Be a gentleman. Open doors for her, pull out her chair, but don't declare your undying love to her or treat her like trash.
8. Throw the word "Love" out of your vocabulary. Save it for when you're in deep trouble. It's your ace in your pocket. Too many guys throw this word around and then it means nothing. If she says she loves you, just respond in something light and funny, and sow her you love it back. Just don't say it.
9. Closely resembling to number 8, show her you love her through affection and caring. Just don't overdo it. Have self control.
10. Don't give her gifts in the first 2 months, or rarely ever. If she is a mercenary (gold digger) she will love this and stay with you. A mercenary won't stick around if you don't give her gifts, and you don't want her anyway then.
11. Keep the conversations between you two light and funny. No heavy topics or negatives. Don't talk about other girls, or your ex, or how boring your life is. Keep it positive.
12. Never ask her on a date for the weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) until she asks you.
13. When you call the girl, ask her for a specific day at a specific time for a specific thing. ex. "Lets meet Wednesday afternoon at 3:00pm for a coffee at Starbucks. Can you make it?" If she says no, or makes up an excuse, just say "OK, have a good day" and hang up. Flush the number down the toilet. She has low interest level
14. If she counter offers and says "I can't make it, but i can do it Thursday." Then you can accept it. If she says Friday or Saturday, tell her you're busy. Even if you're not. Then end the conversation and hang up. Call again in 5-9 days. This creates challenge. Sunday's are only OK for a counter offer from her.
15. A girl must be flexible, giving, and have a good attitude and character.
16. Too many guys rush into relationships. The key is patience.
17. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF! Don't touch her arm, her leg, or her at all! She will touch you when she knows it is OK. That is when you know she is interested for sure!
18. Don't attempt to kiss her on the first date unless she initiates first.
19. When you drop her off, stop about 10ft before her front door. This shows her you are not wanting to go inside.
20. On the second date when you drop her off, go in for a kiss. If she refuses, flush the number down the toilet. She's not interested.
21. Only give her 2 compliments a date. These should be "you look nice" when you pick her up, and "I had a nice time" when you drop her off.
22. You should have a bottom line factor. If she crosses that line, she needs to know you WILL leave her. And do it!
23. Have a backbone. If you don't agree with something, hold your ground!
24. If the girl is consistently late, it shows low interest level.
25. Out of 30 girls that you ask for their number, 20 will say no, 5 will give you the wrong number, 2 will be mercenaries (gold diggers), 2 will have bad attitudes or not be your type, and 1 will MAYBE work out.
26. It's a numbers game. The more girls you try to date, the better your chances are. It's like salesmen. They fail a lot, but succeed enough to keep trying.
27. Divorce rate in America is 50%. The girl divorces the man more than 65% of the time. Let's get it right the first time, shall we?
28. Don't fear rejection. Everyone does, but this is a numbers game after all. If you never try, you will never succeed.
29. She might seem interested when you ask for her number, but it could be an act. When you call and she seems less enthusiastic about you, she was never interested in the first place.
30. If she cheats, she is out.
31. At some point through dating, she will say "so where is this going?" or "are you seeing other girls?". Say you are, you like to date around. If she says she wants to be exclusive to you, tell her you'd like a week to think about it.
32. If she asks if she can be your girlfriend, ask if he keeps contact with any of her ex's. If she says yes, tell her you'd like to keep things as they are. Ex's will only cause trouble.
33. Do not talk to any other girls or your ex's. You wouldn't like her to do the same. Return the favor.
34. She has a schedule for the relationship. You can't rush it, so patience and take it extremely slow.
35. The phone is for setting up dates. Don't talk on it for anything but that. Phone calls should last no more than 2 minutes.
36. Do not leave a message on her answering machine. Call back another time.
37. No texting. You can't see her response.
38. Let her do the talking. The more you open your mouth, the worse it will get. Keep everything general.
39. Make the date like an interview. Get to know her. Ask her questions in dept.
40. Everyone makes mistakes. When you do, apologize for it and be done with it. Don't beg for her forgiveness. If she doesn't forgive you right away, leave it for a while. Girls hate beggars.
41. Girls always win arguments. So don't fight them.
42. The girl must be worth it for you. If she isn't what you're looking for, don't call her again. Plain and simple.
43. Girls love attention. They are consistently getting compliments. So don't compliment her other than those two times (see rule 21). They really mean nothing. It also creates challenge and makes you different.
44. Make her need you, not the other way around. Be ready to drop her when you need to. It's not worth getting married one day then having her take your money and kids away.
45. Don't stay in an abusive relationship. Period. Bad for physical and mental health.
46. If she has a bad attitude, she is not your girl.
47. If you call and say "Hey Deanna, this is John", and she responds "John who? Where did we meet again?" say "Sorry, I have the wrong number". Because you do! You want a girl who remembers you, because you were the only one who waited 5-9 days to call. This raises interest level and creates challenge!
48. If she has a boyfriend or is married, don't date her. Even if she plans to dump him or divorce him.
49. Do not beg. I can't stress this enough.
50. Don't date a Bimbo (idiot). You want a smart and intelligent girl who can hold her own.
51. Girls absolutely hate bragging and over exaggerating. It shows you have no class.
52. Forget everything you ever learned about dating besides this post. It's all wrong.
53. If she breaks up with you, she doesn't like you enough to be with you. And you don't want her anyway then.
54. A broken date is a mortal sin. Broken date = low interest level = flush that number down the toilet!
55. The sooner she asks you personal questions, the more interested in you she is.
56. Kissing up to her never works. This is where your backbone comes in. She wants a man, not a baby boy.
57. Challenge. Oh boy, this is a big one. This in it's simplest terms means don't be easy to get. Don't chase her. Let her chase you. Be different from the other guys. Don't shower her with attention and compliments. Treat her like a lady, but not like a princess on a pedestal.
58. Don't wait for her to change. You can't change people.
59. You get what you see. Imagine if you didn't hear a word she said, and only went by her actions. That's what you need to do.
60. Be the first one to end a conversation and walk away. This shows you're not clingy and are a challenge.
61. Women who like you, help you. She will engage in the conversation and want to be with you. Imagine that, a women helping you!
62. Her comfort level is a huge thing. Keep everything light and funny so she can be comfortable with you. She will show it through laughter.
63. Don't date a flirt.
64. You want a girl with commitment. Not someone who is just around for the party.
65. Women don't like to talk about other women when they are with you. Whatever you do don't compare her to another girl.
66. Communication is a big thing, just keep it off the telephone and text! Face to face is the best.
67. Confidence. Act it, fake it, or grow it. But you better show it!
68. If she is not consistent, you don't want her.
69. *** will come naturally. Don't push it. She will let you know through time.
70. Does her eye's light up like a flashlight when she sees you? she has high interest level!
71. Curiosity killed the cat, not the dog. So let her do the curiosity act and be a challenge. don't try to chase her and figure her out. Let her do the dirty work.
72. If she says "call back to verify" for a date, flush that number. She will have an excuse when you call.
73. Don't be too available. Availability is anti-challenge.
74. If you let her treat you wrong or act out of line, she knows she can get away with it. Make sure you back yourself up on the "bottom line factor" so she knows who is boss.
75. The male ego is crazy. Because of this, every excuse you will try to rationalize. Girls cannot say "no" to a man because they know it will destroy their ego.
76. Look her in the eyes when you're talking to her. Not at her body.
77. Don't show your feelings to her. Whatever you do. Don't start to cry or complain about things. Keep it to yourself.
78. Keep an eye out for red flags. Excuses, bad attitude, late for dates. These are all examples of red flags. When you see these, her interest level is dropping, FAST!
79. She better be flexible. You don't want a girl who is all take take take.
80. "I like being married Monday through Friday" -Trump. Everyone needs their space. She better give it to you.
81. Be a gentleman.
82. Don't come on too strong.
83. If you can make them laugh, you're golden.
84. The first date in an interview. You're the boss and she is trying to show she is good enough for you.
85. You don't NEED a girl. You have so many to choose from.
86. A true women knows that love is determined by how she is treated.
87. Jealousy needs to be thrown out the window, right now. If a guy is looking at your girl, don't think of being jealous. Think "yea, that's right. She is mine :P"
88. Your girlfriend is not your mama.
89. When the man says "I do", it's the happiest day of her life. But make sure it's witht he right girl!
90. Girls who bash men are not for you. Don't even think about being with them. They don't appreciated men and are not worth it.
91. You want to get rid of the bad girls early on so you don't get any pain later when you need to separate. These tips will save you from that pain.
92. After you marry, you must continue all of these tips. Continue to date your wife, otherwise it will get stale real quick.
93. No respect equals no love.
94. Make sure you have a good self esteem.
95. The wimp is too sensitive, the macho boy is too insensitive. Find your inner gentleman and be somewhere in between.
96. She is constantly testing you. Follow these tips and you will pass with ease.
97. You must trust each other. But only those who deserve trust will receive it.
98. You can do everything right, but there is always a chance it can go wrong.
99. Above all, have fun. Don't settle for a girl who isn't worth you. You want to think about yourself before anyone else. Get what you deserve.

Well, there it is. My 99 tips for dating for men. Hopefully you got something out of it!

Quote:
Kingdom23:
I skimmed and read a couple, and wow these are so stupid lol. Never ask a girl out on weekends unless she asks you? This is like, on the same level as wearing your lucky socks at all times. If I want to ask a girl out, I'll ask her out on any day I darn well please and weekends happen to make sense. How much you want to bet the dork who made this list has a hard time meeting women.

You don't want to be like every other guy who asks her out on a weekend. This is about being different and separating yourself from every other guy she ever knew. Think for a second about that.

Quote:
Borigrad:
Lists don't work, because every girl is different.

Every girl might be different, but all girls are wired the same way. These tips raise interest level and will always work. And if it doesn't, then on to the next one!

Quote:
zXi:
Holy **** this is terrible, you will not get laid or meet women with any of these tips...no touching...are you serious...? Don't go for the kiss unless she initiates...? 2 compliments a date...?

I stopped reading at 21.

If you want to be pushy and like every other guy who has failed before you, be my guest. This list is designed to weed out the bad girls who are not interested in you. By waiting for a kiss, it increases interest level. And why do you want to touch her if you don't know if she likes you yet? You're the one who wants to figure that out!

Quote:
TyrAntRexX:
I appreciate the tips, I'll just stop trying to get with my ex...but what if she tries to get back with me? A tip for that please?

It doesn't matter. If you ended it, you have a reason why you did and you wouldn't want to get back together anyway! If she ended it, there was a time where her interest level went below 49% and you're done! Either way, don't get her back!

Quote:
Tehadam:
Not touching arms? Lmao, the best girls enjoy cuddly guys, not on first dates (unless she initiates it, or asks about it, you dont want to come off creepy)

You can cuddle when she is your girlfriend. You are not to touch until she does so first.

Quote:
Twisted Fox:
I like a lot of these tips but you erred on these:

2. When you get a girls phone number, wait 5-9 days. This shows challenge.

I have short memory. If a guy doesn't call me in 3 days I assume hes not interested. Will you remember some girl you gave your number to if you met her once and she didnt't call you till a week later?

4. If a girl breaks a date with you within the first 2 months of dating, flush that number down the toilet. If she says she needs to "pack for vacation", she is lying. If she wanted to be with you, don't you think she's skip packing for an hour to go on a date?

Real life happens. Unless she does it quite often or sounds insincere, once or twice in a 2 month period, depending on how often you go out is not a big deal.

6. A girl's interest level goes anywhere from 0-100%. A girl who has 51% interest level or higher cannot break a date with you, will not cheat on you, and wants to be with you. Once it drops to 49%, you are done. It cannot be raised again. Even with challenge.

Depends. I disagree with this.

12. Never ask her on a date for the weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) until she asks you.

The reason why most ppl go out on those above dates is because if you are looking for Ms.Right chances are you aren't a teenager and have other commitments on weekdays like work and school.

20. On the second date when you drop her off, go in for a kiss. If she refuses, flush the number down the toilet. She's not interested.

WHAT! Second date kiss? Completely wrong, maybe some girls will kiss you on a second date, but as an asian female, I personally find it hard to kiss someone on the mouth on the 3rd date even. It depends on the comfort level. I can kind of see a kiss on the cheek on the 2nd or 3rd date maybe...

24. If the girl is consistently late, it shows low interest level.

Or she is high maintenance and takes a lot of time to get ready...

37. No texting. You can't see her response.

Its the 21st century. I text a lot and meet a lot of friends and dates through texting. I am uncomfortable speaking on the phone and have a mild fear of the awkward silences that occur sometimes.

72. If she says "call back to verify" for a date, flush that number. She will have an excuse when you call.

Or shes forgetful and forgot what date it was... or wants to make sure before she shows up dolled up and makes a fool of herself.

84. The first date in an interview. You're the boss and she is trying to show she is good enough for you.

WHAT? I think whoever asked whoever out first is the one trying to show they are good enough for the other person... I don't like a guy who would be the one to ask me out and then judge me if I am good enough for him. First date is an interview X_X. I think you should get to know the person but also have fun. It is very important to have fun.

2. You will specifically remember the 1 guy that doesn't call you back. Trust me.

4. If she really likes your first impression, she will make time.

6. At the point of 49%, you want to be done with the guy. It can only go downhill form here.

12. A date for dinner or even coffee at Starbucks doesn't take much time out of a persons day who wants to get to know someone. They will make time or offer a day they are more available.

20. This is to test interest level. A peck on the cheek is fine, but a straight up no is not acceptable.

24. She will hurry her little butt up if she wants to see someone.

37. You don't talk on the phone to a girl, you set up dates. Talk face to face. It's more intimate and you can get a feel for how the other person feels about what you are saying.

72. If she likes you, she wont forget. Trust me.

84. You want to know who you are getting to know as soon as possible. The next girl is always an option, so if she isn't for you, on to the next one!

Quote:
AManicPufferfish:
...This is all wrong,me being a female..if you wait that long to call a girl,she wants you to call her nearly asap after giving you her number,otherwise she will figure you weren't interested or forgot about her.

But while you are thinking this, you are gaining interest level. You will be thinking "why hasn't this guy called me? Every other guy called right away. Why hasn't he called? Is he not interested? Did i do something wrong? ". The thought of him will constantly be in your head.

Quote:
Kody119:
as you can tell from the girls posting in this thread, your list is screwed up mate, im a guy and i know that very few girls will agree with a fourth of the "tips" you give

Reasoning for this is because girls don't know what they want. Sure, they want a caring and sensitive man who will compliment them and give her gifts and say I love you every day. but does that actually work when you use it? no. It shows weakness.

Quote:
Nicole:
if she says she cant make thursday reject her attempts to show that its cuz she DOES actually have other plans that day by trying to reschedule?

If she likes you, she will counter offer and ask for another day. If she just says she can't then it's over.

Quote:
JohnPetrucci:
For me personally, I'd try more than one potential time to make plans before giving up, but not 10. That's a bit ridiculous.

Any more than 2 is ridiculous. If she doesn't say a day that works for her, she is not interested. Don't start naming every day of the week. It shows you have no life and are dedicating your entire week to her. Shows weakness and kills challenge and interest level.

TL;DR: You will be forever alone if you skipped to this part.

Anshin

02-22-2012

Bump for Video Games

StarBubbles

02-22-2012

This thread is now about League of Legends. Gogo!

Glorious Bird

02-22-2012

I just masturbated to the magic school bus. ****.

Duriel

Recruiter

02-22-2012

sad this list is for straight guys

MrSocky13

02-22-2012

A little revision to rule #1

1. If you have a movie night at your house and she doesn't read the opening to the Starwars movies, throw her out the door.

Glacea

02-22-2012

skipped to TL;DR, guess ill be forever alone

PenguinKillBear

02-22-2012

this list is lols

Vixsy

02-22-2012

I must be the wrong kind of girl..I disagree with alot of the 'tips'.

But +1 for effort and time and some of the tips

Hunstoppable

02-22-2012

Quote:
Tyko:
sad this list is for straight guys

...that are trying to win very hard at a dating sim video game.

OP Seems very lonely if he can make a 99 tip list. =/