Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebay Account

02-25-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
iLuvCheat

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
I have a microphone, I have Skype, xFire, Ventrillo & mumble.

How long have you played this game?
I've been playing this game for about 1 years, joining the LoL u as soon as I started because I usually like to use forums and saw it on the Newbie forum

How old are you?
I'm 17 years old

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I mentored some friends I introduced to LoL, I played a lot of games with them, going from 3v3 to domions, to show them around the game, trying the best I could to give them advice on the champion they took ( even if it was Evelynn and I dislike her very much ). I used my main account to play with them ( except if they requested me to make another one ) as I believe playing with better players help you improve more.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Yes I've been mentored before, when I first started to play LoL I wanted to be at least decent so i Joined the LoL U and played with many people there ( Raitatsu, lolwobcombe, unskilledfeeder, angloomy etc just to name a few old timers ), they taught me a lot and I eventually became able to understand the game alone, I'm still trying to improve and do not mind seeking advice when needed. I mostly played with level 30s because I found it challenging to play against people with full runes set and masteries, it might be a bad experience for some peoples, but since I played Warcraft III a lot before, it was quite entertaining to learn so much more champions by playing against them and seeing them in action.

What are your best roles?
Off-tanks & junglers, but I play some AP carries as well. As far as other roles goes ( AD & support ) I can only play 1 or two for each of them.

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Kennen, Irelia, Vladimir & udyr .

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
I do not mind, since at first I was one of those random low level who added people :3

UberY0shi

02-25-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
UberY0shi

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yup, I currently have Teamspeak3, Ventrilo, and Skype.

How long have you played this game?
About 9-10 months.

How old are you?

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I have given a few friends and strangers extensive help in and out of game, and I specifically mentored two people I met in the LoL U chat room, WindofWords and Arzare. The biggest things I bring up in our discussions and games are the basic fundamentals. I really stress map awareness, itemization, last hitting, zoning, warding, and other principles that I believe most newbies fail to pick up early on as LoL gamers. I feel I am best at giving tips to people that need specific areas of help, such as "what do I do in this situation" and the laning phase in general.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I joined LoL University at level 11 and got help mainly from Diarium Ejus (originally Pocket2). He really helped me out with the mechanics of the game and worked with me 1 on 1 with certain champs, so I picked up a lot of good habits in the laning phase. He also gave me really good tips on how certain items work and on what champions do they work best. I enjoyed having the choice of logging into the game and talking to somebody that I knew would listen and help me out, and I'm eager to be able to help others like that.

What are your best roles?
I'm best at AD carry, Support, and AP mid (mage/assassin).

Who are your top 3 best characters?
I would have to say Ahri, Corki, and Sona.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
I'd love that! Helping people out always feels good.

Kirielis

02-25-2012

Ae is nice and all that. He knows his stuff.

Also, hi.

Gir

02-26-2012

Bump bump bump! The room has been booming recently, and so many positive experiences going on.

InjuredIsAlright

02-26-2012

Name: Injuredisalright
Level: 21
Playing: 2 months, but on average 1.4 matches a day.
I would love some help with jungling, especially with Singed or Rammus.

Feelings

02-26-2012

Can't wait to get back in for that learning. This is a fun crew!

Kayges

02-26-2012

Summoner Name: Kayges
Summoner Level: 9
Playing For: 2 Days

I've never played any type of game like LoL, but it turns out that I really like it! I'm painfully new, as you can see, but I don't think I'm hopeless. I've picked up Caitlyn and have exclusively using her, but I'm having trouble deciding on who else I want to play as. I feel uncomfortable using upfront characters. I'm not sure of the terminology here (not sure what AD carry or AP mid or anything like that stands for). So far I've been going top with Caitlyn and not doing too bad (even getting first blood sometimes!), but I know there's alot I need to improve on such as the game mechanics and finding my niche in characters. I've been thinking about using Ahri, Janna, and also Katarina seems interesting as well, though as of now I'm only half way to being able to buy Ahri. I hope this is enough infomation, thanks in advance. =]

Accurim

02-26-2012

Summoner Name: Accurim
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 3-4 months, took a really long break recently

Hi, yes I'm a level 30, but i'm a newb level 30 =D. I would like to play some custom 1on1 games and work on my laning phase because it feels like I'm always getting owned and hugging tower/dying. If a nice prof wants to help me out that would be great =D.
I played dota before and I was decent in public games but I've never really gotten the hang of LoL that well. I'd like to be able to play all the roles with an AD or bruiser type champ preferred.

Soldrart

02-26-2012

I'll sign up to mentor.
Summoner Name: Soldrart
How long have you played this game? Roughly 10 months, practically daily though.
How old are you? Sorry, I'm NOT posting that on a public forum, not in college yet is all I'll say.
Have you ever mentored before? A little, usually helping the few newbies who've found the old LoL U. One left for reasons I don't know, but I think I helped him. 2 others still play and really enjoy the game, one plays a great soraka, and a nice ashe and ziggs, the other is a good karma player, and a decent corki.
Have you ever been mentored? Certainly, I participated in Proving Grounds, something run by the old LoL U, and I won't get into details, as I don't want to call anyone out. (some mentors were very good, some....)
What are your best roles? AD and AP carry, jungler.
What are your top 3 characters? Probably corki, kennen, and lee sin, although it could be argued for some others.
And I am willing to help a lot of new players.
Hope I can join this, and hope it goes well!
Forgot to mention voice chat, have a good mic, skype, and vent. (I prefer vent, less lag)

Korilakkuma

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Summoner Name: Redolent
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 7~8 months

Although I know the mechanics of being a jungler/support/tank, I believe that I am horrible with them. Period. I think this happened because I was forced to play "carries" all the time. Therefore, I got used to carries in general (i.e. AP mid and/or AD carry). Regardless, I like to eventually become decent with a jungler/support/tank champion so I hope I can have a dedicated mentor. (:

I'd like to improve in general too.

Thank you :3