LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

If anyone has major problems and needs a mentor asap, please feel free to add me.

Taedius

02-23-2012

Oh hey, I played against you in a match yesterday.

This guy's a great player, and if you're new and looking for someone to help, I'm confident that Raí will be able to help you. I'm still pretty newbish myself, amd I would see about joining up with this myself, but alas, I have real life classes to attend to!

Mentore Yoda

02-23-2012

Summoner Name: Mentore Yoda
Summoner Level: 5
Playing for: 1 day

I'm pretty new to MOBA's, and don't really know what I'm doing besides killing the other guys, trying not to die, earning gold, and buying the recommended items. I'd like to learn to play something besides a DPS, too.

Qwyxzl

02-23-2012

Summoner Name: Qwyxzl
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: A little more than 14 months

I've been playing for a while now, honing my skills and learning what to do in every situation tossed at me, I'm very good, but I'm finally tired of solo-queue and decided to make some real friends who accept game invites and maybe even do some voice chat. Some day we can become major and get paid to play LoL and quit our day jobs, haha... but for now, let's keep it at Hi and add me!

Gnargnarr

02-23-2012

Hey im a newer lvl 30 and although i feel as if i have a handle on the game i was curious if somebody would give me a little feedback/ pointers or tips. I joined the University chat and enjoy the LoL talk in it btw. I need to work on my mana using, farming, and team fights. I tend to jump in and die really quickly not even being fed or a carry. So i just need a couple tips.

Sara Leah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

O.K. Warning Wall of Text

Summoner Level: 15

Playing For: A short time

currently have:

1.) Ashe as i almost always use archer chars in online games, so i naturally got her first.

2.) Morgana as i tryed it on free try and like her as well.

i have tryed all the 'free' champs as they come up to see which i may like better/equally. only the ones like my two first picks do i do well on [winning some losing some].
at melee i sux at in all games. i prefer ranged type chars obviously.

i am currantly playing only custom [me and 7 bots] as the auto Team vs AI Bot games i entered were full of what i suspect to be 'alts' that assumed i know the terms and 'common' playstyle and proceeded to tell me to uninstall as i didnt know what i was doing. [as well as few other unfriendly 'advices' ]

ok now a few questions:

1.) are these two [Ashe/Morgana] gonna still be good in other maps than summoners rift?

2.) how do these two hold up at level 30?

3.) before i make these to level 30 would it be wiser to start a new account and get two others? [like instead of ashe mabye - caitlyn, graves or miss fortune, and replace Morgana with - malzahar, ryze, janna or fiddlesticks? ]

playing with only bots i can try many differant items to see which seem to work best as i usually don't subscribe to 'everyone does it this way so it must be the only way' school of thought. i have found that depending on the all bot teams members differant builds work better than others. i 'assume' its the same in regular play as well as the champs have the same 'basic' stats.

i also tend to move from spot to spot as it seems to me that killing towers is more important than killing champs to winning the game. this may be what gets me in trouble with 'pro' players O.O

if there are any that would like a 'friendly' game i am willing to play. i dont type much during game as i am a 'hunt and peck' also losing is not that big a deal to me as it is only a game and i can always try again. [although i like most prefer winning =) ]

Gir

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Leah View Post
O.K. Warning Wall of Text

Summoner Level: 15

Playing For: A short time

currently have:

1.) Ashe as i almost always use archer chars in online games, so i naturally got her first.

2.) Morgana as i tryed it on free try and like her as well.

i have tryed all the 'free' champs as they come up to see which i may like better/equally. only the ones like my two first picks do i do well on [winning some losing some].
at melee i sux at in all games. i prefer ranged type chars obviously.

i am currantly playing only custom [me and 7 bots] as the auto Team vs AI Bot games i entered were full of what i suspect to be 'alts' that assumed i know the terms and 'common' playstyle and proceeded to tell me to uninstall as i didnt know what i was doing. [as well as few other unfriendly 'advices' ]

ok now a few questions:

1.) are these two [Ashe/Morgana] gonna still be good in other maps than summoners rift?

2.) how do these two hold up at level 30?

3.) before i make these to level 30 would it be wiser to start a new account and get two others? [like instead of ashe mabye - caitlyn, graves or miss fortune, and replace Morgana with - malzahar, ryze, janna or fiddlesticks? ]

playing with only bots i can try many differant items to see which seem to work best as i usually don't subscribe to 'everyone does it this way so it must be the only way' school of thought. i have found that depending on the all bot teams members differant builds work better than others. i 'assume' its the same in regular play as well as the champs have the same 'basic' stats.

i also tend to move from spot to spot as it seems to me that killing towers is more important than killing champs to winning the game. this may be what gets me in trouble with 'pro' players O.O

if there are any that would like a 'friendly' game i am willing to play. i dont type much during game as i am a 'hunt and peck' also losing is not that big a deal to me as it is only a game and i can always try again. [although i like most prefer winning =) ]
I sent you a friend request. And to answer some of your questions, Morgana and Ashe hold out strong in level 30 que still. They're both fantastic champions, and I know how to play both of them well.

As far as teaching you goes, I'd be happy to take you under my wing and help you out with learning the basics so you can win win win win win.

As far as the bad community goes, honestly, que up with friends. It makes the experience SO much better. You don't have people trying to dig down your throat with a knife.

Gir

02-23-2012

Apologies for the double post, but I'm now accepting professor applications. See the first post for details!

heyyouyesyou

02-23-2012

Nice job raitatsu
PROFESSOR APPLICATION
Summoner Name?
heyyouyesyou
Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
yes
How long have you played this game?
idk about a year
How old are you?
n/a
Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
just nooby friends (rune advice and how to use the champion skills correctly)
Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
yes by you and others from lolU
What are your best roles?
Support/AD range/Solo top
Who are your top 3 best characters?
alistar / kog maw / teemo
And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
not at all i dont care if we lose or win the match as long as the nooby wooby gets better

killerbunny56

02-23-2012

Summoner Name: Killerbunny56
Summoner Level: 20
Playing For: about 4 months?

I've been playing for a little while and kinda get the way a game goes, but I am still lost at parts. I just want to play some games and get some advice on things I do wrong here and, mainly playing past level 6.