LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Libra Man

08-20-2012

Summoner Name?
Libra Man
Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes, I use Skype and ventrilo
How long have you played this game?
Uh... since Kog Maw was released
How old are you?
Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Not to a large extent but I have helped out some friends who were new to the game and helped them to gain a basic understanding of the game. I also record my games and occasionally watch them to spot mistakes or things to improve upon so I can spot areas where improvement can be made fairly easily
Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Not really. I played DotA before LoL so I had a solid understanding of the gameplay from that and had played a large amount of AI games on that
What are your best roles?
I used to main junglers, then started to main (and sometimes still do) AD carry, then moved to maining mages in mid and I am recently playing top a bit, at the moment my best areas are mid and adc
Who are your top 3 best characters?
Hard. I play so many but my best adc at the moment would be mf, I play a solid Xin top and jungle, Fizz and Lux are probably my 2 best in mid but honestly I can play almost anyone solidly after a game or two... I have betwenn 1500 and 2000 games of experience so I have a pretty good understanding of... lots.
And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
I am, I have no reservations about helping out new players and I help out people around me in lots of day to day activities if they seem to need it.

Also just a side note I live in NZ so i can play at times between about 4-10 on most days, just be aware of the time zone difference. I'm free between 9 and 4 this Friday (thursday afternoon I think in America) which would probably be best for any "testing"

Rabwin

08-20-2012

Summoner Name: Rabwin
Summoner Level: 8
Time Played: 2 weeks

I've been playing Master Yi as an AP carry, and I'm trying to learn Tristana, as well. I've mostly played Co-Op games, just to get some exposure to playing in a team, as opposed to the bot games I'd played before that. I'd like to gain a better understanding of the team strategy (mid and late game), as well as any other knowledge deemed necessary. Thanks.

Sysity

08-20-2012

Hi I would like to help the community out as a professor for LoL Univs Who do I talk to?

Ruthegar

08-22-2012

Student Application

Summoner Name: Ruthegar
Summoner Level: 1 (for now, just made the account, and I can't really play until weekends)
Played for: 1 month maybe (been quitting, and didn't feel like picking up with my old account which is at lvl11)

I want to start fresh again (since there were a lot of changes, even the mastery page is different), and I don't really have a preferred role yet, still trying to find that out myself, I like Leblanc, but I hear ppl say she's useless in higher levels, and because I mostly only had games in co-op vs ai, I don't have much experience vs other ppl, so I would prefer helps on positioning, timing and such. Thanks

DaysUntold

08-23-2012

I submitted this once before but hopefully someone will notice it this time I'm really looking to learn how to correct the things I'm doing wrong as well as any other game aspects I haven't learned yet.

Summoner Name: DaysUntold
Summoner Level: 19
Playing For: 1 month

I've been playing this game for about a month now, I'm not really sure what roles I fit into best yet but I seem to win more games if I'm a tank/support. I love playing mid though and really want to learn anivia and a few other mid champions. I'd like to get better as an adc as well as I seem to be extremely dependent on having a decent support with me to be effective.

thatguyuknow985

08-23-2012

Summoner Name: thatguyuknow985
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: a week

I'd like to improve on my last hitting first and foremost. I play a decent AD and support, but I really haven't found a role I perfer yet. I've tried these last two weeks of free champions to find that I play Soraka, Ashe, Annie, and Nunu well. I am not very good with Janna or Zyra. Seeing how I am still new to the game, I see these changing with time.

I'd like to recieve help on the basics before I find myself gathering any bad habits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sahid

08-25-2012

Summoner Name: sahid
Summoner Level: 16
Playing For: 6 months

Hi, I play LoL about 6 months, but I quit recently because the jerks. I wanna learn every role, but prefer mid lane (AP Carry) and Jungler. I like mages (my main is Annie), it's easy for me understan that's mechanics, I have problems with melee champions.
The truth is I wanna find people to play and learn with good and friendly people.

Phanttis

08-25-2012

Summoner Name: Phanttis
Summoner level: 25
Playing For: Over a year in total, took break when my daughter was born.

Hello Hello! So Ive been playing since before pantheon came out( I remember him being new several months after i started, cause I bought him ) and have a love hate relationship with this game. I have played extensive PvP in WoW, Conan, Star-Trek,Aion, recently SWOToR(this list is too long) I played a lot with Garen, Yi, Pantheon, to a lesser extent Shen,Sion, Annie. I have lots of others but due to my uncanny ability to get far too excited, I tend to stick to the first 3. The trouble lies in that when i took my break I came back post big patch to a bunch of champs i have never seen before and a whole new dynamic for the one i did know. I require adjustment WITH EVERYTHING! hope to hear from you soon.

Phanttis.

Inarius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Is it too late to join even if your lvl 30? O_O

Summoner name: StereopwnZ
Summoner level:30
Playing: For about 2 years off and on.

I've played quite a bit but It seems like I'm still really bad at a few things. Such as Jungling and making the right decisions in the heat of battle. More often than not people always yell at me for making bad decisions although at the time I thought "hey this could work!" then suddenly I get slaughtered and everyones raging.

Sinister Strife

08-25-2012

Summoner Name : Aeonyc
Summoner Level : 17
Playing : Roughly 2 months or so

I started playing league with two friends ,one is about as new as I am, and the other is fairly experienced. My experienced friend taught me the basics,and after a few weeks of gameplay I got the hang of it. As far as bot custom games and Co-Op Vs AI I'm pretty good. But I did a PvP match today and It was way over my head. In most MMOs, PvP has always done this to me ; I just can't exactly do well against human players, its above my head no matter what game I play, so I decided since I'm actually getting good at LoL when it comes to AI's, I might as well start trying to get better at PvP. I'm best as Assassins,Bursters,DPSes,etc. Doesn't really matter if they're an AP or AD champ, I've come up with suitable builds for most of the champions I play. So far I'm best as Pantheon,Fizz, and Akali.