LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainCandycorn

08-08-2012

Summoner Name? CaptainCandycorn

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
-Yes, Skype, but Vent is an option as well.

How long have you played this game?
- A bit over one year.

How old are you?
- Eighteen

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
- Yes. I've helped several of my friends learn the ropes of League, giving them a solid foundation in most roles they would be able to fulfill on a team, finding out what they most enjoyed playing, and then going further in depth with that role.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
- Yes. When I first started I didn't really know what was happening in-lane, got stomped by smurfs, was confused by all the possible item choices in the shop, and needed a firmer grasp on counters and trading. Fortunately I had a patient friend that explained all of that to me and I would greatly appreciate being able to return the favor to someone who finds themselves now where I was then.

What are your best roles?
- I specialize in Gank-heavy, high threat, high presence Jungling, with emphasis on invasion and counter-ganking. I also enjoy farming the jungle and counter-ganking defensively, setting myself up for a strong Tank endgame and feeding my carries and bruiser kills. I can also play Support, but not at the same level as my Junglers.

Who are your top 3 best characters?
-Shaco: His early-game ganking is phenominal, he's a blast to play, has great mobility, and is arguably the most effective employer of mind-games and paranoia on the entire League, save maybe Nocturne.
-Malphite: A very strong anti-carry and tank with a game-changing ult and a fun playstyle. If Shaco doesn't fit the teamcomp, Malphite most often will.
-Udyr: The Swiss-Army-Knife of Junglers. If neither Shaco or Malphite are a good fit, Udyr can be built to complement just about any setup due to his versatility his kit provides him in spades.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
- Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Wanting to help players get more enjoyment out of League is the main reason I'm applying for a mentor position. I remember what level four felt like: getting called out by a smurf for following the recommended item build, or going bot as Veigar, or getting shoved into a lane against a particularly hard counter and giving first-blood while still under your tower. I remember several people going out of their way to tell me that what I did was wrong. I don't remember those people following up with what could have been done differently though, and that needs to change.

Thanks for your consideration.
Cap'n

domaphir

08-11-2012

Summoner Name: Domaphir
Summoner Level: 13
Playing For: 1 month actually playing

Mostly play Mid lux pretty decent at it, could do with better positionning. i'd like to get a better hang of playing her support.

Trying graves but my early game is terribad.

Want to learn Anivia, been spending time trying to get the hang of CS.

Easy answer is i need help with everything that is basics (knowing when to be or not to be aggressive, when to push, etc.)

KyZ

08-12-2012

Summoner Name: KyZ
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 4 Months

Been playing for 4 months, and the only trouble I'm having right now is really supporting my team, so I'd like someone to teach me how to support. Otherwise solid at other roles.

12fingerJIM

08-12-2012

Summoner Name: 12fingerJIM
Summoner Level: 15
Playing for: 3 months

Hello, I happen to have a decent grasp of the basics, however I would like to improve my ability to perform under pressure and high harass. I'm also interested i starting to learn how to jungle. Possibly learn how to solo top as well, and figuring out when to start roaming and when to just b. Also looking for people to team up with to make my way to at least 20, maybe all the way to 30. Apologies if this I'm not the kind of person you are looking for to receive help, and best wishes all!

-fingers

wRewrite

08-14-2012

Rait, when was the last time you updated this post??

DaysUntold

08-14-2012

Summoner Name: DaysUntold
Summoner Level: 16
Playing For: 3 weeks

In general I want to work on last hitting better, ganking properly, and general positioning in team fights and while laning. I also would love to learn the more advance tactics that I probably won't learn in lower level games like proper warding and well.. stuff I don't know I don't know yet .

I really like the ad carries like caitlyn and ashe but it seems impossible to find someone who will play support and IS impossible to find someone who will let me farm the way I need to. When I do get to farm a bit I excel at the games and generally have great k/d ratios. I also tend to run into people late game who try to use me to tank instead of protecting me. I love Hecarim also and would like to find other champions like that who can take a good deal of damage and still put out a lot of damage as well.

I've been reading a lot and know the basics of each role but would love to learn more about them and play with people who will support learning the game.

CobaltdeLis

08-18-2012

Summoner name: CobaltdeLis
Summoner level: 12
Time played: one week

I have several basic questions that I would like to have answered: what are the different character roles, who goes in what lane, and how do I know whether my attacks are AD or AP. Basically I have been playing on solely dumb luck until now.

Additionally I am having trouble last-hitting minions, which leaves my gold count rather low all throughout the game. I am also having trouble figuring out which runes to put on and which items to buy.

Another issue is that I only play one champion right now so, when another summoner picks that champion before I do I am left trying to do something I do not know how to do. To this end I think it would be enormously helpful if I would be able to learn more about other champions.

Any help that anyone of the mentors would be willing to offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

wRewrite

08-18-2012

Bumping.

TheSickFlux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

Summoner Name?
TheSickFlux

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
I have a microphone and I use ventrilo, mumble and teamspeak on a daily basis

How long have you played this game?
Almost a year and a half now

How old are you?
I'm fourteen years old.

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I wouldn't describe it as mentoring but I have setup several threads in this forum asking newer players to add me to their friends list if they need help with champions or just need some gameplay tips.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I have not been mentored per se, but I did have a lot of level 30 friends play with me consistently to level 30, I still play with them as a matter of fact, but now we're equals.

What are your best roles?
Mid lane and ad carry, but I can play everything competently

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Gragas, Tristana and Karthus.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
I'm still getting friend requests because of my other thread, I really wouldn't mind, I'm happy to help.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...vel+30+willing

^ there is the thread that I've been getting friend requests from, nearly 400+ views so far, also I was lead here from someone suggesting I join you guys.

wRewrite

08-20-2012

Bawmp.