Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishCarBombz

06-24-2012

Summoner Name: IrishCarBombz
Summoner Level: 16
Playing For: About 2 months

I would like to get help on pretty much everything. I know my CS needs a lot of improvement. The champs I usually play are Ashe, Garen, and Jarven. I used to play Master Yi and have tried him and WarWick for jungle. Jungle seems like it could be interesting but I noticed I'm not good at adapting or figuring out what to do through mid and late game. I recently picked up Jarven and really like him as a champ. Although I'd like to be able to play more then one role. Not sure where my play style fits in or really what kind of champ I'd like to play more. I have never tried a support role. Some times in team fights I feel completely lost and am not sure who I should be attacking or what the right things are to do. I have a tendency to over extend and get ganked by the jungler. Any help would be appreciated.

CruiseShipCrash

06-25-2012

Summoner Name: Cruiseshipcrash
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: 2 days

I've been playing this game for about 2 days now, but I still have no idea what I'm doing! I like characters like Teemo, but no matter what, I die more than I get kills! I'd like to get some help to learn to play this better so I can actually be helpful to my team as opposed to holding them down.

AntonioMan

06-25-2012

Summoner Name: AntonioMan
Summoner Level: 17
Playing For: A few months total, but just now returning from a 6 month hiatus

As it says above, I'm just now getting back into the game, and even before the hiatus I was pretty terrible. I could use help all around, but I would like to focus on a few specific champions: Nocturne, Graves, Nasus, and Ashe. I have extremely limited experience playing against actual people (I mostly play Co-op vs AI), so I'd like some general tips for and experience playing PvP.

bluemoonprncss

06-25-2012

After posting here, what is the next step? Will anyone contact us or do we contact them? Who? Where? One person (i dont think from this university) did teach me some tips and it really helps, although i still couldnt apply them very well, I hope i meet new "mentor" as well as "students" and we could all learn together, play game together, it will be fun.

PS: i played pvp for the first time last weekend, brutal won twice but def not bc of me lost most of it. FYI my summoner name is bluemoonprncss (lv 13 or 14) in case y want to be friends. always welcome

Tazor21

07-01-2012

Summoner Name: Tazor21
Summoner Level: 4
Playing For: 2 Days

Just started playing this game 2 days ago,I need help with eveything and I like playing mage champion

Angry Train

07-01-2012

Summoner Name: Angry Train
Level: 12
Playing for: about 1 week Active, before then, just played a few bot games, didn't have much fun, then I have started playing a bit in the last week

What I really need to Improve my skill with Supports, And AP carrys, because these are what most people do not go, and what most teams need. Also, I would like to get some pointers on how to become better at teamfights, who to focus on in them, etc. I have been looking into how to jungle as well, and have not found any good guides or such, and would apprecieate some help on this

Brandon12332

07-01-2012

I really don't know what you mean about the other thing's chat not being helpful, last night I learned a lot in that chat room. But I posted the application in the other thread so might as well post it here...

Summoner Name: Brandon12332
Summoner Level: 7.
Time Playing: 4 or 5 days, not completely sure, but I know it's only been a few days.

I would like to improve on my actual kill count in the game. I think I am pretty good and survival and I know when to recall so I can stay alive, but I have trouble actually killing champions. I have not yet played any PvP matches, so I would like to have some introduction to that as well. Also any tips that I can get will help me improve.

I am new to this type of game. I currently do play an MMO so I know how PvP can be in terms of difficulty and in terms of fun. I hope that by joining this I can get better at the game and maybe some day mentor a few people my self.

BTW I leveled up 2 times and chose a champion from the last post in the previous thread so if you go check that one it is a little outdated...

On another note, I am sorry but I refuse to use Mumble. The voice quality is kinda bad on Mumble IMO and I just don't like it at all, but I will gladly join the chat room. I thought that the old thread has Ventrilo? I use Vent anyways for a different game so if we still have that server I would go on that one if anyone still uses it...

Ineosi

07-02-2012

Summoner Name: Drpepper1344
Summoner Level: 10
Playing for: About 3 days actively, a friend recommended the game to me forever ago, I created an account, and didn't touch it again til this week

The main thing I need help with is Item builds, I know to build armor when against AD champs, Magac resist when vs AP champs, but other than that, I am kind of lost. I would also like some pointers on jungling, as I have tried it a few times, and miserably failed. I am also looking for pointers on Assasin characters, as they are my favorite to play besides fighters. My Favorite Assasin character I have played would be Pantheon or Kassadin, both whom I played at a friends house.

Rhari

07-02-2012

Summoner Name: Rhari
Summoner Level: 12
Playing for about a week.

I need help with pretty much everything. I have been playing customs solo, but I know this won't really get me anywhere unless I want to exclusively play solos for the rest of my LoL career. I like playing ranged characters like Caitlyn, Ashe, and Sivir, although I have been playing the last few games as Master Yi.

TaZNasty

07-02-2012

Summoner Name: TaZNasty
Summoner Level: 2
Playing For:1 month

I've been playing this game for about a month now,on and off but I still have no idea what I'm doing! I like characters like Caitlyn, but no matter how much i try I die more than I get kills or get no kills at all! I'd like to get some help to learn to play her and a few other characters better so I can actually be helpful to my team as opposed to holding them down.