LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuddhist View Post
Summoner Name: KingBuddhist
Summoner Level: 7
Playing For: 1 week

Just started playing LoL, all my real-life friends were into it so I figured I'd pick it up to game with them! I'm not completely comfortable in the RTS/Tower Defense Genre, so it's taken some getting used to. I've posted some successful scores in some of the games I've played, but I don't feel like that is due to my skill as a player, more likely it is due to my teammates carrying me.

I play exclusively as Talon (although Malzahar and Yi pique my interest as well) and would appreciate any games with you where you could help me get the basics down/get comfortable in Lol.

Thanks a ton!
I'd be happy to help you out, but I would quickly suggest against playing exclusively one character.

ShadyGrave

02-22-2012

focus on several characters that interest, and i would recommend branching into several styles, in case (when you get good enough and team compositions start to play) you can fill any role decently.

sub level 30, dont focus on a character, experiment with all the characters. you you be pleasantly surprised with many of them.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Hey Rai, good to see that you still have the burning desire to help out newbies! I can't make any promises now, but I could probably lend a helping hand tutoring from time to time. And if something needs testing in-game, I'm there for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raí View Post
I'd be happy to help you out, but I would quickly suggest against playing exclusively one character.
I disagree with this. It's not entirely wrong (but not entirely right either), but just simply a path one chooses to take. Players that dedicate themselves to one champion get really good at what they do. Of course, if he decides to do ranked games, then there may be a problem, though that's not to say they can't try, since I personally know of two people who climbed up to 1600+ elo by playing only one champion.

Most people who specialize in one champion often end up specializing in a small roster of champions. I'm a bit beyond that, but I still don't play a wide variety of champions.

Konush

02-22-2012

I approve.

Doctor Archon

02-22-2012

Summoner Name: Doctor Archon
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: 2 weeks

I started playing LOL because my friends recommended it. My internet connection at home is ****, so I can only play at lunch and before classes at my high school. The other problem is, I suck. I finally decided to go with Malphite after playing several free-to-play champions. I purchased him with rewarded RP and have been trying to practice with him. I can only get around 800 points on dominion though, which sucks. Anyone who's played him, do you have any tips?

gummo76

02-22-2012

Summoner Name: gummo76
Summoner Level : 6
Playing For: 2 weeks

Love the game but just have been playing bots because I have heard horror stories about the community. I have been playing ashe a lot but have been trying to dabble in each type of character, Need help with laning, jungling and not beeing too agressive because I seem to overextend.

Serra ArkAngel

02-22-2012

Summoner Name: Serra Arkangel
Summoner Level: 18
Played For: Over a year

I've been playing off and on for over a year. I don't have many friends to play with on here and I think being able to play with more people would make it more enjoyable and improve my skill as a player. I don't want to hit 30 only to be an unskilled feeder noob looking for a ranked group. My strong points are early harass, late group fights, decent itemization. I need help with solo mid, how to be an efficient jungler, and not being a mid game feeder. (I tend to struggle like lvl 8-14) Anyone interested in taking me under their wing or practicing with me feel free to add me!

Gir

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra ArkAngel View Post
Summoner Name: Serra Arkangel
Summoner Level: 18
Played For: Over a year

I've been playing off and on for over a year. I don't have many friends to play with on here and I think being able to play with more people would make it more enjoyable and improve my skill as a player. I don't want to hit 30 only to be an unskilled feeder noob looking for a ranked group. My strong points are early harass, late group fights, decent itemization. I need help with solo mid, how to be an efficient jungler, and not being a mid game feeder. (I tend to struggle like lvl 8-14) Anyone interested in taking me under their wing or practicing with me feel free to add me!
I added you.

Feelings

02-22-2012

Summoner Name: Feelings
Summoner Level: 19 (almost 20)
Playing For: 4 weeks

I've played bots mostly thru lvl 18. I've started playing normal, but I need a better grasp on role, target order, strategy and any tricks with game mechanics. I like to play support and usually play Lux. I've started Janna and I'm curious about playing Galio more.

Thanks!

Gir

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelings View Post
Summoner Name: Feelings
Summoner Level: 19 (almost 20)
Playing For: 4 weeks

I've played bots mostly thru lvl 18. I've started playing normal, but I need a better grasp on role, target order, strategy and any tricks with game mechanics. I like to play support and usually play Lux. I've started Janna and I'm curious about playing Galio more.

Thanks!
I have a close friend who mains supports who could definitely help you out. Throw me a friend request.