Ignite surge jungle yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Yes, "try it" isn't a good answer. Maybe Clarity is worse. Sadly, Surge, even late game, does less damage then ignite and exhaust, and doesn't have any of the other benefits, and if you're not running either ghost or flash, you're going to lose, so those are your choices.

It may work, but if it does, it's against bad players, where anything will work.

Just like any variation of AP Yi.
For someone that thinks they know everything your not even a gold ranked. you have no room to talk about baddies since you are probably a baddie your self. If he wants to try out new things in the jungle who are you to tell him that he is dumb to even think about doing that because surge is a bad summoner spell.

Carados

02-22-2012

Congratulations, you fell for it.

The trap is anyone who insults an account based on rank rather then the actual points they make isn't worth listening too.

This is an ARAM account.

Do you have a point, or are you trolling?

Please tell me, if AP Yi was so good, why he is not tearing up high level play currently? Why do you never see surge in tournaments? Why do junglers always run smite?

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

for one the poster said nothing about ap yi. why dont you stay on topic. he was asking about a surge ignite in jungle.

I will agree with you that ap yi is bad but that is not what this post was about

and no im not trolling that is what your doing. im just saying that there is a differance of giving your opinion and telling someone that they are dumb for thinking outside the box. even if this is a ARAM account i dont care. that does not mean to be a **** to everyone. if you dont have something constructive to say stfu. ok?

Carados

02-22-2012

You don't take surge if you're not using the AP, unless you're terrible. Surge is terrible if you can't use both stats, if you can only use one, you're outright trolling.

It's a terrible summoner spell. It doesn't do anything for you that exhaust and ignite don't do better.

There's only three good summoner spell combos in the jungle, and this is common sense:

A) Someone who is super-gank heavy who is mobile:
Exhaust/Smite

B) Otherwise:
Flash/Smite
Ghost/Smite

TrueSkillz

02-22-2012

just for the sake of debate. lets look at the facts here.

1. Yi Jungle
2. Surge
3. Ignite

Even if you are jungling ad you may want to use meditate while in jungle. and since his meditate scales of ap yi will benifit from surge im not saying that its the best choice but depending on how he plays it may work. for my playstyle i run ghost/smite. but that does not mean its the only way to do it. just because you have a few ap on an ad champ does not mean its bad. thats like i run a little bit of ap on trynd for the heal on bloodlust. it help you substain in lane.

Carados

02-22-2012

It would work in your playstyle only if your playstyle is playing badly.

You don't skill meditate on jungle Yi. This is fairly simple.

Let's put it this way: You run AP on Trydamere for something that any other sustain rune would do better.

Surge is a bad summoner spell because it doesn't do anything.