Ignite surge jungle yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aseryen

02-21-2012

I've played yi with this setup before and I was able to clear the jungle pretty quickly plus I had ignite for the +5 ad/ap +10 because of his e

I personally see yi being a pick if you want a quick game and need someone to push lane constantly which is why I suggested the surge

Comments?

I know its kind of a troll start but surge needs some love

Aseryen

02-21-2012

Edit: forgot e only double the bonus of the passive not additional skill

Question still holds with ignite surge yi

Been doing some builds and looks like it is doable if played right

Garaze

02-21-2012

Err no. The only viable Yi build is Dunkmaster.

Dunkin' like a Master.

Dogo4

02-22-2012

Surge will buff 1-2 alpha strikes... and that's the only benefit from the AP. The AS is nice, but I doubt it moves you faster than smite AND smite will save the day on dragon/Baron. For ganking, exhaust would be better for its slow and late-game utility whereas ignite is junk unless you need it for a heavy-healer like Sora, Mundo, etc.

Flash just has so much usefulness and smite is required to save dragon/Baron and move quickly through the jungle. I don't think it's very flexible... maybe exhaust smite, but that's about it.

EzraTwitch

02-22-2012

If you dont take smite someone else on your team will need to, and it will be pretty useless in lane so its best the jungler take it or you sacrifice a great deal of buff and dragon/baron control. Junglers don't just take Smite for themselves, they are taking it for the entire team, Jungling with out smite is bad for a multitude of reasons, you shouldnt want to jungle with out smite.

That being said my friend runs smite surge yi and does very well.

Aseryen

02-22-2012

Thanks for the positive feedback

Narilera

02-22-2012

.... if it works for you then go for it... but I think you could get more out of other spells. just sayin.

Carados

02-22-2012

Surge is also kinda the worst summoner spell in any mode, so there's that.

Ztune

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Surge is also kinda the worst summoner spell in any mode, so there's that.
Man, you're in every thread posting how everyone is doing everything wrong.

To OP: Do it. If you make it work, and you like the playstyle, and you're not gimping a ranked game, I wouldn't mind having you on my team. I play jungle AP Yi all the time in normals, because i like the randomness and enjoy getting off that successful double alpha strike combined with ult.

Carados

02-22-2012

Yes, "try it" isn't a good answer. Maybe Clarity is worse. Sadly, Surge, even late game, does less damage then ignite and exhaust, and doesn't have any of the other benefits, and if you're not running either ghost or flash, you're going to lose, so those are your choices.

It may work, but if it does, it's against bad players, where anything will work.

Just like any variation of AP Yi.