Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Standin, I'm Sorry.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-21-2012

I really shouldn't have made that joke. I knew I'd tread on some toes with it, but I meant it all in good fun. I hope you understand that I really don't dissapprove of the parades, and that I don't want straights to have their own parade any time soon (It'd be rather ridiculous, anyways) and that I really didn't mean to annoy you at all. I hope you accept my apology.

-Jay

standin

02-21-2012

It's okay. I'm over it. I was immediately bothered but it really doesn't matter. Well it does but you're just one person and I don't think you hate gay people or understand things as well as you could yet.

I see where you're coming from with it being a 'joke'. I can sort of see that. It's still pretty insensitive given gay history and why gay pride parades happen in the first place.
...So I don't think I accept this. It doesn't matter though Jaykoboy.

Amberleh

02-21-2012

Jayk, I've told you several times you need to stop attempting to come off as more mature than you are, because the result is that you look like a jackass. Go be a kid. You're 14, you're barely in high school. heck you're younger than my NEPHEW, and I'm not exactly old. Look, I like you, but you really just need to stop posting here as I don't think it's doing you any good and it always feels like you're digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole.

Sailor Cosmos

02-21-2012

I agree with Kohana. I don't think Jaykoboy intended to hurt anyone's feelings. In fact, I think he probably cares about your feelings more than most of the people here.

I don't think telling him to post elsewhere will really solve anything and I think it's kinda mean. He has a right to post here, though I think his posts come off more as insecure than anything else. I think Jaykoboy is a great kid and I'd rather him stay to learn something rather than go away and feel lonely because he made a mistake he wishes he could take back.

I know dat feel. :>(

Dobagoh

02-21-2012

and also homophobes.

they're people too!

Flodoard

02-21-2012

Quote:
Dobagoh:
and also homophobes.

they're people too!

obvious troll is obvious
but in all fairness i did lol strangely

Amberleh

02-22-2012

I wasn't telling him to post elsewhere. He shouldn't be trolling the internet at his age, it's SUPER unhealthy. I know it was bad for me when I did it. I like him, and he knows it isn't healthy to be posting here especially when so many people are mean to him. We've discussed it. I mean, come on, every post he makes gets downvoted like 3 times. This isn't exactly a healthy environment for a 14 year old boy.

And Konoha, I am okay with every kind of trolling except that. While I am not a vegetarian, I am still very sensitive about that stuff so please don't direct things like that at me, please? It seriously ruins my day. I'm not saying you can't discuss it, freedom of speech, but PLEASE. PLEASE do not direct it at me, okay?

Sailor Cosmos

02-22-2012

I don't think his age is the issue. Adults make the same mistakes too. Fourteen-year-olds come in all different types of personalities. We have a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old around here somewhere; they seem to do fine with criticism and don't let their insecurities show.

I think it's unhealthy for anyone to troll. I don't consider making a joke trolling, even poor jokes. I consider a troll someone who intentionally means to offend people by making a statement that could be funny to some, but the initial intention is to make people sad or angry.

I know you mean well, Ambey, but you don't have control over Jaykoboy. You're not his mother, therefore, I don't think you have a right to tell him that he shouldn't post here. Advice is fine, but telling him he shouldn't post here in demanding context, after he makes a mistake, isn't right to me. That's how I interpreted what you said, anyway.

People are mean to him because they know he's an easy target and they're...mean. Sometimes he posts good, legitimate information, and sometimes he doesn't; just like everyone here. The real immaturity is the people picking on a good kid to the point of harassment.

I don't view 14 as a baby. Not as mature as someone our age, but definitely old enough to understand. In my eyes, he did a very bold and mature thing by creating a thread to directly apologize to Standin. I know 20-year-olds who are so stubborn they would never do that.

Anyway, I don't mean this at all in a rude way; please don't take offense. It's just my thoughts.

Dobagoh

02-22-2012

Quote:
Amberleh:
And Konoha, I am okay with every kind of trolling except that. While I am not a vegetarian, I am still very sensitive about that stuff so please don't direct things like that at me, please? It seriously ruins my day. I'm not saying you can't discuss it, freedom of speech, but PLEASE. PLEASE do not direct it at me, okay?

?

standin

02-22-2012

I edited my post with the non-acceptance. I was confused and upset last night.
I do accept it.
I'm sorry too Jaykoboy.