My name is Renekton, and I dislike towers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hollywood Cool

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.
You can always add the penalty onto it, "does X% reduced damage to tower"

Cliff Walrus

09-09-2013

Consistency WHERE!?
more red posts explaining this WHERE!?

When you say "Champions have finite power budgets"...Do you just take the designer and put them in a clear box and filled with champion money and turn on the leaf blower? Everything they can grab in 2 minutes is how much budget each champion gets.

Groxxy

09-09-2013

Quote:
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.

<3 CertainlyT

Pls don't make them nerf Ren just so he can hit towers faster.

MxWhiteKnight

09-09-2013

I'm shocked that you didn't put here the King of Tower Destroyers.

Rengar as his fifth skill used can Double Q (becoming the 5th and then refreshed for ferocity) and he eats towers like they where made out of licorice.

Seriously. How is he not on your post OP?

Mjaxon

09-10-2013

Quote:

Zac, Elise, and Thresh must have had the Russian oil baron power budget while Gangplank and Olaf are on the welfare/minimum wage equivalent power budget.

Axzarious

09-10-2013

Quote:

Darius' W does deal more damage to towers. It's not much, but it does.

Trundle also bites towers for bonus damage.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxWhiteKnight View Post
I'm shocked that you didn't put here the King of Tower Destroyers.

Rengar as his fifth skill used can Double Q (becoming the 5th and then refreshed for ferocity) and he eats towers like they where made out of licorice.

Seriously. How is he not on your post OP?
Check the date.

This thread existed before Rengar did.