My name is Renekton, and I dislike towers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeavyDesperado

09-08-2013

Finite power budget? Veiger, Sion and Nasus make much more sense to me now.

Oh, and by the way, the by. Dianas third hit deals it's magic damage to towers as well.

VENlVIDlVICl

09-08-2013

Well, you should change Renekton to scale a bit better anyway. This doesn't mean nerf is early game to hell or whatever, but just fix his late game. Let him be usefull and deal some damage too.

Coldmanj

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.
darius w doesnt do extra tuuret damage 0.o? then why does it use up the skill if it on and you hit the turret.

Tortferngatr

09-08-2013

Quote:
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.
Question: Does Cassiopeia have enough power left in her budget on Summoner's Rift to give her E the ability to target towers?

Exponential tower damage is one big reason why ADC are so useful to a team--they dps AND make towers die if they survive the teamfight. As an AP-based DPS, it seems like she could use this trait as well.

Berserk Knight

09-08-2013

Quote:
Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers
That just made my day. lol
IF he ever builds an absurdly high amount of AD, it's one of the most devastating attacks you can do against towers. I'm ranking it third place, tied with Blitz. Second goes to Rengar with his empowered Q, mainly because of the AS steroid. First place is a well farmed Nasus Q.

The PKK Revenge

09-08-2013

Quote:

I don't want to change the subject but I was curious, are there any plans to change Thresh so his E passive doesn't continue to build while attacking turrets? From what I know, other champions with a passive dealing with auto attacks are negated when turrets are concerned. (Cait no longer builds her passive while attacking turrets and Ashe [who's passive also stacks when not auto attacking like Thresh's] doesn't build crit when attacking turrets.) I understand that Thresh isn't an AD...MARKSMAN like Cait or Ashe but I was curious if it was okay for this similar mechanic to behave differently for him.

Drukyul

09-08-2013

Consistency is important. If you have to rebalance things afterwards, so be it.

A lack of consistency is why playing Dota can sometimes be so immensely aggravating. Why do illusions get this orb effect, but not this one? NO ONE KNOWS AND NO ONE WILL TELL YOU

KoolGus

09-08-2013

Quote:

Darius's W actually DOES grant bonus damage on towers.

EndlessCycle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Quote:

So what about Tryndamere's dueling strength in lane, with high sustain and an escape mixed with the high AD he gets to wipe turrets down?

SavagePrisonerSP

09-08-2013

Quote:

I used to hate you so much.

But Darius and Thresh got nerfed so you're good.