My name is Renekton, and I dislike towers.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Furry NA View Post
Holy necro.

Why no riot?
It's pretty much the biggest necro I've ever done, but I feel it's important.

Malikiliki

09-08-2013

Vi's Excessive Force as well

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.

Darius' W actually does deal bonus damage to towers.

I played a lot of Darius today.

A Planeswalker

09-08-2013

And it only took a little over a year.

Mangamangamanga

09-08-2013

Nidalee's Q in cat form doesn't do damage to towers either. Because otherwise she would be this amazing splitpushing cat that melts towers with Q.

Wait...that's starting to sound very familiar...

Khristophoros

The Council

09-08-2013

Quote:
Champions have finite power budgets. We can let Renekton kill towers faster, but we have to take power from elsewhere. Rengar is in this position -- his pushing power combined with his ability to duel severely constrains how much power he can have elsewhere on his kit.

In the end, the choice is up to the designer who made the champion as to where they want this budget to be spent. Personally, I tend to disfavor substantially augmenting tower damage on my own -- Darius's W doesn't grant bonus damage on towers; Zyra's plants don't attack towers and die in 1 hit to them; Thresh's E passive doesn't proc on towers.
This seems like a hypocritical stance to me. There are much more powerful abilities that work against turrets, such as Tryndamere's Q which grants him bonus damage every hit against the turret, or Tristana's Q which allows her to attack turrets much faster, or any other bonus to AD or attack speed that are common on champion kits.

So how is a next-hit ability working against turrets so scary? How can you say this is such a big cost to a champion's power budget if there are much more powerful mechanics that work against turrets?

Oh and meanwhile the king of all next-hit abilities, Siphoning Strike, works against turrets. Ironically this is the only next-hit ability that is extremely powerful for pushing turrets because it bursts hard enough to compete with sustained damage mechanics for this application.

KalnL

09-08-2013

Quote:

?;;;; What are u saying? Have riot's people ever played Darius before? His W actually does bonus dmg on tower.

Xedrox

09-08-2013

Quote:

did u ever bother too look at nasus's q that **** one hits almost the entire tower if ur farmed decently

Causation

09-08-2013

TF's pick a card also damages turrets, he gains mana with blow and does the aoe/slow with red.

Need some consistency.

Shiny Fever

09-08-2013

Shyvanas Q Cooldown -0,5 seconds per autoattack does not work on towers.