Suspended 3 days because of my faith

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regards View Post
As a Christian, I'm calling your bluff. Sorry man, but no one is going to ban you because of that.
Hi.
I'm a stereotypical League of Legends player.
Have we met?

Gigarayzor

02-21-2012

By your name and the fact that you go out of your way to deviate from the standard "good luck" which has nothing wrong with it and is equally friendly, I'm going to guess you're the type of person who would say or do things more, um, 'evangelically' than that simple statement at the beginning of games. But of course I can't say for sure.

That said, if you honestly didn't say anything to deserve your ban, don't worry because you at least won't get permabanned without a Rioter reviewing your case (who certainly won't ban you for just saying hf gb).

An8therEarth

02-21-2012

Although I personally do not agree with the tenants of any prominent religion, nor do I feel religion or those who are very religious have any right to force their views on me, or anyone else for that matter, I think you have the right to say this simple gesture, and much moreso than someone has to say, for instance, 'G-d d-mn', as that is both offensive to those of certain 'faiths', as well as a 'curse' word. If all you did was in fact say HF GB, and explain it's meaning when someone asks, I in no way feel you deserve the suspension. Now, the flip side is, just as it would be offensive to you, most likely, if I started every game with a big, "hail Satan", to some people, having someone say GB to them could indeed be slightly offensive. I honestly think your best bet is to not say 'GB' at the start of the game, as you don't want to offend others, and I can't see how it would hurt or hinder you to not say it.

Tl;dr, I'm a philosophy and psychology major, the words you are saying hold a lot of weight in certain communities/lifestyles, therefore, as well intentioned as it is, it is probably wiser to say it out loud to yourself, as opposed to possibly stirring up feelings on a complex and controversial issue. Hope this helps, all of the best.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND forget all of thisss ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

op got PENDRAGONED!

SlugDC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

OP is leaving something out.

AangTheAirbender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make you MIA View Post
Where was God when my hamster died?!?
I think the better question is 'where was God when the twin towers came crashing down?'.

On a side note, I might not report for saying God Bless, but I would let the speaker know that religion has no place in a game that is multicultural. Everyone has their own views on religion, and I do not need nor want to hear them when playing League of Legends.

Scoob√ędoo

02-21-2012

Ill stick up for this guy. It doesnt matter what religion you follow or dont. Hes not saying Christian God Blesses you or Allah Blesses you infidel. If this is the case not only should this be overturned but he should be apologized to on behalf of RIOT games and the individuals that reported him should be given a 3 day ban with a warning of religious persecution not being acceptable. I am an athiest myself and dont blieve in God or God's of any sort. HOWEVER this company is based out of the United States of America where people are free of religious persecution. This is unacceptable by the 12 year old punks that obviously reported him. Unless hes trolling. Which if thats the case .. Permaban him for wasting my time.

Typhnox

02-21-2012

I'll be honest, I wouldn't report you for that, but at the very least it would make me very uncomfortable.

Old Pink

02-21-2012

I also don't believe in God but reporting you for a kind gesture like this is beyond my comprehension.

That being said, people get offended by everything and Riot promotes reporting for everything. However I would be a little worried about the things you don't remember saying.

lol I died again

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yako View Post
I think the better question is 'where was God when the twin towers came crashing down?'.
"0.27% of all Jenga games are played on 9/11."

DannyIzSik

02-21-2012

Depends, it could be offensive to a satanist. Can't please everybody......