Suspended 3 days because of my faith

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christian Jawa

02-21-2012

First, I know this is going to get hazed but I think its fair I share this with the community.

I came home from work to realize that when I logged onto my LoL I have been banned for 3 days, via tribunal. When I went to my email I was told it was from recieving reports of "Offensive language". Now I know for a fact that something is amiss because I have never sworn in League of Legends. What I do say is HF GB before every game. People ask what the GB stands for and I say God Bless. Several times (probably around 20) I have been told that I would be reported for saying that. Thinking they are trolling, I just mute them and move on with my game. Obviously I have been getting reported for this simple, kind gesture. I realize that a large majority of people dont share my faith but I honestly do not think it is fair that I get reported on a friendly saying I am telling people. Im not QQing about getting suspended, I just wanted to see this brought to the community/Riot to shed some light on the issue.
Thank you and have an awesome day.

EDIT: In response of those saying "Riot would never do this" I agree.. but since I am level 26 Riot never saw my case. Only my peers aka Tribunal

EDIT2: In response of those demanding Pendragon to come in here, please do. I welcome pendragon to come in here and make this more clear for me. I know I never swore in game but if Pendragon shows me something else that would merit a 3 day suspension, I will take the punishment and learn from my mistake.

EDIT3: Pendragon pasting another chat log with my name on it, even saying he change the summoner name.... really?

(Note: I replaced your old summoner name with your current one in this chat log)

Damaxyz

02-21-2012

Downvote me if you want this player banned !

Jame Gumb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

There is no way that is what you were suspended for.

Edit: AFAIK The email doesn't tell you what you have done wrong. It says the most common things that people are reported for are...

SN Luketwo

02-21-2012

Praise jesus? PUNCH THE DEVIL IN THE FACE!

Von Nicklesnout

02-21-2012

It's probably less to do with the "God Bless" and more to do with other things you've said. There are certain people who will get offended by you mentioning God, though.

Warrtastic

02-21-2012

Inb4 Pendragon'd.

Also, if you really don't do anything bad and they ARE reporting you for this, that's messed up.
I'm not religious at all but I would still appreciate the gesture.

WTF community?

Edit: LOL I WAS RIGHT. PENDRAGON'D (Caps necessary for epic fail on OP's part)

MissBehavìn

Recruiter

02-21-2012

i HIGHLY doubt that riot would waste their time suspending someone for saying god bless.

nevertheless, these threads always end with a rioter posting a trickle of info on why the OP really got banned, and the OP disappears respectively.

Good luck with it though.

P.s. i say god bless in my matches sometimes, and no one cries about it. I have been playing for over a year and a half, and no suspension yet =)

True My Blade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Where was God when my hamster died?!?

MissBehavìn

Recruiter

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make you MIA View Post
Where was God when my hamster died?!?
teemo?

Tømøya

02-21-2012

I am an Atheist but seriously doubt that what you did is even a offense, or that it had anything to do with why you were banned.