Does Mundo beat shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coast2Coast

02-21-2012

Its really depends on the enemy player lvls 1-6 but, after level 6 mundo is a really god**** hard champ to deal with for just about anybody.

If i play mundo top i rush a warmogs and just having a giants belt combined with the ridiculously low cooldown of his ulti makes him **** near impossible to push back since nobody can out sustain mundo in lane after lvl 6

Sailor Venus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Haven't gone up against a Mundo yet (or in like... a while, now that I think about it). But depending on if you play smart, I think after 6, you'd be able to shove easier. Just activate your little AoE thing if he goes in to last hit, otherwise he'll be spamming his Vorpals on the last hits instead of on you. Don't underestimate Shen's damage though, even if he does taunt you.

As for Warwick... I've gone up against him once, and I won my lane because I just leveled my Vorpal and Feint. You can spam Q's faster than he can lifesteal, unless he autoattacks, in which case you just continue to Vorpal and Feint if you think he's going to swipe at you with his Q. But IDK, maybe he wasn't aggressive enough.

Matchups against Shen are mostly dependent on your skill level, and the Shen's skill level. But I've had the most trouble against Yorick, and I couldn't win my lane as much against Galio and Xin. Might just be me though. /:

Michael Kane

02-21-2012

While I love my Mundo AND I think Shen is being overhyped, Shen will simply trade with Mundo, and unless Shen loses in these trades very very badly, he actually wins because he can just go back to healing with vorpal blade while Mundo is going to be stuck at that low health for a longer time

Wanganat0r

02-21-2012

Haven't gone against mundo top as shen, but despite everyone's opinion that Shen's OP, I haven't seen as much of him as I thought. My last 5 games was me playing Shen but just me, no mirror matches or anything. Always the lone shen (me) on summoner's rift.

I will have to say that I had a little trouble against a very aggressive GP.

Mhm916

02-21-2012

Well both of you are bad players, just the one that is better at being bad loses the lane. Normally a Mundo shouldn't be able to do that much to Shen in lane, vice versa.

Riddler

02-21-2012

Actually as one of the highest ranked shen players, Mundo will do very good vs shen solo top as long as he stays at a distance early levels. The problem with this is unless he is very skilled he is going to have problems keeping up CS. Later game Shen will be unable to kill Mundo solo if he is building lots of HP.

This is a lot easier said than done though and Mundos also have to keep in mind staying far enough away from Q, but close enough to use Q on there own.

Mhm916

02-21-2012

^
How are you one of the highest ranked shen player?

Xaxziminrax

02-21-2012

WW is a good counter, as with the new changes shen is encouraged to build heavily into HP. WW does a fantastic job of countering that with his Q

xerxes727

02-21-2012

no clue dont own either, but heard on everyones stream that mundo comes out ahead on that matchup

Sporadic P0tato

02-21-2012

I was actually wondering about this earlier today. I don't know unless I tried it myself (I'm one of the few avid Mundo players).

Early on Shen would be beating Mundo, as he can sustain himself right out of the gate. Mundo would have to resort to last hitting with Qs (which is really quite easy; IMO Mundo is one of the easiest "passive" farmers in the game). His skillset allows him to very easily farm under turret as well if Shen pushes hard.

After 6 though, assuming both have equal farm, I think I'd have to give a slight edge to Mundo. Leveling up W early hurts more than people realize, and Shen has to be in close to do damage and heal himself with vorpal. His taunt will do nothing to prevent Mundo damage. Mundo's cleaver is percentage health based, so he could chunk him pretty well if landing cleavers. Still its tough to say until I actually did it. I'm having way to much fun in the jungle right now to do it though lol.

As Mundo I would probably get a regrowth as first item. Probably rush that into Warmogs, or if Shen is hitting me REALLY hard, rush into some MRes.

The thing I love with Mundo is you can really change him on the fly to suit whatever you want. Opponent building armor? Level W. MRes? Level E. Health? EAT CLEAVERS.