Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue Buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raidarc

02-20-2012

Why is it that all of a sudden AP carries feel entitled to every blue buff after the first one?

Now don't get me wrong, I will give the blue buff to the AP carry when I don't need it anymore (ie 3rd or 4th blue) but there are champions in the jungle who need it to jungle faster and gank more often.

I will even give the first blue buff to them if I don't need it usually that isn't not the case.

Whats worse is when you give it to them and they end up giving it to the enemy.

/endrant

Luckyone001

02-20-2012

Quote:
Raidarc:
Why is it that all of a sudden AP carries feel entitled to every blue buff after the first one?

Now don't get me wrong, I will give the blue buff to the AP carry when I don't need it anymore (ie 3rd or 4th blue) but there are champions in the jungle who need it to jungle faster and gank more often.

I will even give the first blue buff to them if I don't need it usually that isn't not the case.

/endrant

In solo que its good to learn how to say "Fck off"

but ya, couldnt agree more

Giltia Zero

02-20-2012

Quote:
Raidarc:

Because they ARE.

Unless your name is Fiddlesticks or Skarner, you don't need Blue Buff after the first or second.

And you know what an AP carry with no Mana issues can do in mid lane?

WIN. HARD.

What are YOU doing with it? Sitting in jungle forever and never ganking for just a little longer?

Technically, there are a few other champions who make good use of blue buff. But the most obvious is the AP carry. They tend to use it far more effectively than you. Stop being a greedy scrub and hand over them blue rocks.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

02-20-2012

AP carries need Mana/Energy and CDR, generally. That's what Blue Buff gives.

Mental Atrophy

02-20-2012

Don't give your AP mid the blue buff and let the enemy mid have one. Then, keep an eye on what happens to the CS gap. It should become apparent why it's generally a good idea for mid to have the buff.

Raidarc

02-20-2012

I'm not denying that they don't need it. The bigger need for the first 12 minutes is in the jungle.

Personally, as Warwick, while I don't NEED blue I always try to pick it up for myself because when his ults are on a 42 second cool down he is unstoppable and it allows him to consistantly stay in fights and tank the enemy team.

I do on occasion give it to the AP carry all the time, as Warwick.
I also find that Nautilus needs at least the 2nd blue to keep jungling.
I don't care about the 3rd and 4th blue on most of my junglers.

Raidarc

02-20-2012

Quote:
Mental Atrophy:
Don't give your AP mid the blue buff and let the enemy mid have one. Then, keep an eye on what happens to the CS gap. It should become apparent why it's generally a good idea for mid to have the buff.

If the enemy AP carry has one, you gank him and give that one to your AP carry.

fastplay

02-20-2012

I find ap carry want blue buff to much like I run shaco and noct and I go get my first blue and ap steel it and it abit dumb most of the time because with shaco I lose time and exp at the start of the game noct do not really mind since I do not get it till lvl 2 so it do not matter to much to me but when I play shaco and lose my first blue buff to a ap carry near the start of the game it just **** up my jungleing also the melee steel my red near mid game I know it can help them but it just make it harder to gank and it go to the other team so they have both or one most time it both and I do steel them. I should not have to enter the other team jungle for picking up me first or second buff.

I know ap could use blue and melee AD can use red but I run into them also steel creep from me to beacuse they said they under feed and also because I 2 lvl higher then my whole team at start then I go down 3 lvl because of my team running through my jungle killing creep and blue and red buff all the time so I have to run thought the enemy jungle by mid game to try to keep my lvl near my team and the enemy team but then I ran a risk of feeding the enemy team if they see my in their jungle it.

DirkTarTar

02-20-2012

its the jungler's blue buff until he decides to give it up. if the AP Mid wants blue, he has to go get it elsewhere.

on that note

the jungler should be courteous as well as understanding the idea that AP Mid with +20% CDR and the mana regen early on will be more likely to get fed... more likely than the jungler would be with it in most instances.
not saying the jungler should give up every blue buff, but he should definately be aware that after the 1st, he needs to be watching mid...
if mid is mopping the floor with his opponent, he obviously doesnt need it right away and can wait
if mid is feeding like a BOSS then for the love of god DONT give him blue buff
if mid is neither destroying nor feeding, then giving him blue buff should be a priority so he can start getting pushy and most likely get some kills.
if the enemy mid is given blue buff by his jungler, give your AP mid blue buff so he can stand in lane OR gank mid ASAP to give that buff to your mid.

Dragull

02-20-2012

Quote:
Raidarc:

/endrant

If you don't give them blue, but the enemy does to his Ap, your Ap will probably get raped and may lose tower. Once mid tower is lost, your jungle control is a LOT (and I mean A LOT) compromise. Enemies can invade your jungle a lot more.

So, WHY you wouldn't give your Ap mid the blue?