My ziggs guide. Check it out and enjoy!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Heavy GoLeafsGo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-20-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ur-team-184753

thanks for the feedback, ive only ever written 1 guide and it was a long time ago. this is just how I play ziggs. I understand your comments about RoA, but it only takes 10 minutes to max out. People rarely surrender at 20 in ranked and I almost alwyas get a fully charged rod by the end. On another note, someone said that ziggs doesnt need the hp. I strongly disagree, its not uncommon for me to start our 5,6,7,8,ore even 10-0 with ziggs, once you get some kills, you get focused non stop, they will ignore your whole team just to get at you, which is why i prefer to have some hp just in case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

02-20-2012

Bad guide, for obvious reasons.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

Senior Member

02-20-2012

Guide isn't terrible, but I disagree with picking up RoA, especially as a core item. Ziggs doesn't need the extra HP, and delaying your Deathcap by 2.6K gold squanders his early game power.

Also, don't post guides on Mobafire, it takes away any credibility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skillpatrick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-20-2012

I've only played Ziggs a few times on his free week so I'm no pro with him, but I see a bunch of things in this guide I don't like (No offence intended).

1. Your glyphs: I'm not saying AP/per level runes dont work, but you would be MUCH better off with flat AP, runes are for early game after all.

2. Your first big item is Rabadons: This one I have a big problem with, you do get a RoA in your build and I did read the part about you sometimes getting it first,
but "70% of the time" not until second? RoA should always be one of your first items (if its in a build), in fact, the whole reason it's called Rod of AGES is because much like cheese and wine it gets better with time,
that being said it gives a decent chuck of AP, in addition to health and mana (you know the stuff that lets you do fun things like cast spells, and be alive). There is absolutely NO reason to not get this before Rabadons.

3. You start Dorans: This one is more of a personal preference of mine, but a problem I have none the less,
Dorans is a great Item don't get me wrong, and stacking them in a game is not a bad early game strategy but, starting with one is not great.
Dorans Ring gives you bonus health, but no way of getting it back. I think you will find 'Item + X Pots' superior in most cases.

All in all not a bad guide and decently written, but I think the build needs work in these 3 places,

and thus is my critique of your Guide


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

Senior Member

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillpatrick View Post
I've only played Ziggs a few times on his free week so I'm no pro with him, but I see a bunch of things in this guide I don't like (No offence intended).

1. Your glyphs: I'm not saying AP/per level runes dont work, but you would be MUCH better off with flat AP, runes are for early game after all.

2. Your first big item is Rabadons: This one I have a big problem with, you do get a RoA in your build and I did read the part about you sometimes getting it first,
but "70% of the time" not until second? RoA should always be one of your first items (if its in a build), in fact, the whole reason it's called Rod of AGES is because much like cheese and wine it gets better with time,
that being said it gives a decent chuck of AP, in addition to health and mana (you know the stuff that lets you do fun things like cast spells, and be alive). There is absolutely NO reason to not get this before Rabadons.

3. You start Dorans: This one is more of a personal preference of mine, but a problem I have none the less,
Dorans is a great Item don't get me wrong, and stacking them in a game is not a bad early game strategy but, starting with one is not great.
Dorans Ring gives you bonus health, but no way of getting it back. I think you will find 'Item + X Pots' superior in most cases.

All in all not a bad guide and decently written, but I think the build needs work in these 3 places,

and thus is my critique of your Guide
2 Dorans into Rabbadon's is superior to RoA unless you're completely unable to get the blue buff. Ziggs' range is very high and he benefits more from early game AP than early game HP.

AP/level vs flat AP glyphs is preference, but AP/level are generally considered superior.

And yes, Boots + 3 pots should always be your starting item for an AP mid unless you're laning against Poppy or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Heavy GoLeafsGo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
Guide isn't terrible, but I disagree with picking up RoA, especially as a core item. Ziggs doesn't need the extra HP, and delaying your Deathcap by 2.6K gold squanders his early game power.

Also, don't post guides on Mobafire, it takes away any credibility.
why not post on mobafire? ive heard a lot of people bashing it, yet i just visited solomid to check it out and saw thattheir top 3 guides recommend the same runes and masteries as well as many of the same items. They do specify that take boots and pots OR dorans to start is what they suggest as well. I know its not a perfect guide, but it works very well for me and just thought id share it, didnt expect all the haters lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cdnmute

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
Guide isn't terrible, but I disagree with picking up RoA, especially as a core item. Ziggs doesn't need the extra HP, and delaying your Deathcap by 2.6K gold squanders his early game power.

Also, don't post guides on Mobafire, it takes away any credibility.
I would say the fact that he's a leaf fan kills his credibility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Heavy GoLeafsGo View Post
why not post on mobafire? ive heard a lot of people bashing it, yet i just visited solomid to check it out and saw thattheir top 3 guides recommend the same runes and masteries as well as many of the same items.
Stop lying, like you did in their comments. They don't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

Senior Member

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Heavy GoLeafsGo View Post
why not post on mobafire? ive heard a lot of people bashing it, yet i just visited solomid to check it out and saw thattheir top 3 guides recommend the same runes and masteries as well as many of the same items. They do specify that take boots and pots OR dorans to start is what they suggest as well. I know its not a perfect guide, but it works very well for me and just thought id share it, didnt expect all the haters lol.
Because Mobafire has a deserved reputation for terrible guides. While their Runes and Masteries aren't always bad (usually because they've been copied from solomid builds), their item and skill builds are generally terrible. For example, the top-rated Garen guide used to have Stark's Fervor in its build.