Counterpick to Casseopia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sparkron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Who counters Casseopia? I play Cass and Ryze as my two mid champs, but if they pick Cass, I can't play Ryze because Cass brutally outclasses Ryze.

Any ideas?

Also, who is another really strong AP mid? I need to learn a third, I'm leaning towards Karthus atm. Ziggs and Ahri feel sub par, Morg and Kass are always banned.

Thanks

Vibbard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Kassadin and LeBlanc both counter all of those

Mich567

02-20-2012

I agree about kass. Fiddlesticks actually also works.

Magic CXIII

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkron View Post
Who counters Casseopia? I play Cass and Ryze as my two mid champs, but if they pick Cass, I can't play Ryze because Cass brutally outclasses Ryze.

Any ideas?

Also, who is another really strong AP mid? I need to learn a third, I'm leaning towards Karthus atm. Ziggs and Ahri feel sub par, Morg and Kass are always banned.

Thanks
gragas is the direct counter to cassio
you should learn malzahar no aps really counter him + uber 1v1 skills

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

02-21-2012

Boots of Speed...

If you can manage to evade the Q 75% of the time, she's not going to do anything worthwhile in the laning phase. That said, it's harder to do than just writing it down, and if she outranges you badly it's one hell of a fight.

If she has blue? Just hang back, she's going to spam all day long and getting hit by 1 Q means eating 2xE for free...

Sarise

02-21-2012

I've had a hard time against a good annie before. If I cant survive her initial burst I'm screwed. If I can...well she's usually screwed then. Also simply the threat of a stun is a deterrent to Cass's natural aggression.

tempname076325

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic0113 View Post
gragas is the direct counter to cassio
I fail to see why. Gragas counters burst casters because his W significantly reduces the damage of a 1 or 2 skill high damage burst. Cassio's damage relies on low cooldowns and damage over time, which are not significantly reduced by his W. Her skillshots are easier to land than his and have comparable range.

To the OP:

Counter skillshot champions with non-skillshot champions. In addition to the aforementioned Kass and LB, you can face cassi with:

Vlad (if you can survive long enough to get some items, you won't really be killable in lane),

Swain (for the same reason),

Sion (because of the lack of skillshots),

Ahri (not really a skillshot champion, push RWRR and you can burst her down easily)

Any champ with whom you can put damage on her without taking damage in return.

Buttocks Daddy

02-21-2012

I have really good luck against her as Viktor. Her dots don't do nearly as much with his shield and he has his laser which he can use if she tries to go in to hit you with Q.

avenger214242

02-21-2012

Zzz, galio is the hard counter to cass

McDManager

02-21-2012

Brand is a nice counter to Cass since when he goes into poison you she cannot move for a brief second so you can throw your pillar and hit her dealing more damage than her poison... if she charges you for a E's throw your sear.