"Fighter" What does it mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cosamaru

02-20-2012

So I've always wondered what exactly the "fighter" distinction for Champions really meant, and now I'm doubly curious seeing Talon and Fizz next to each other on the free list. Talon is listed as Assassin/Melee. Fizz is listed as Assassin/Fighter/Melee. Why does Fizz get the extra label? They both serve the same function, "kill **** as fast as possible," and they both use auto attacks & spells to get the job done. Is there some stat or something related with "Fighters?"

DarkLordTempest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Fighters are generally more bulky although in the case of fizz that may not be true

SupremeDeity

02-20-2012

It's basically tanky DPS

Cosamaru

02-20-2012

Hmm...maybe it's because Fizz has the on hit effect from his W? I think it's his W...

JohnnyOmega

02-20-2012

Fighter (also known as Off-tank ): Champions that have aspects of DPSing and tanking, combining the survivability of a tank and the damage of an assassin (tank/assassin hybrid). They don't quite match up to their specialized counterparts in either role (meaning they do not have extreme survivability of a tank or the burst damage of an assassin, but a bit of both). In a team fight, they can play a role of a tank or assassin. It is usually a good idea for these champions to do battle against the appropriate carries as they can take a good amount of the damage that the carry puts out but also deal damage back.

To view information on all champion attributes, go to the LoL wiki. Here is the link.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ion_Attributes

Eleven13

02-20-2012

I've always had in my mind that "Assassin" was squishy and high damage, where "fighter" was able to take more hits but didn't have as high of burst damage.

Sënuch

11-02-2012

If you play any of the Final Fantasy Tactics games, I typically imagine the Fighter class to have good health and attack power. Not as much attack power like a Thief or Ninja, definitely not enough health like a Paladin or Templar.