Solo mid mord?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leivve

04-17-2012

So I like playing AP Solo mid mord, however me and another player have gotten into a "argument" over if he is just a flat out bad champion or if he is powerful in the right hands.

Her Stance: (exact wording)
His ratios are not good enough to sustain him at all in a fight.

Mord is a horrible mid lane champ, so unless you ban his counters(of which there are at least 5) he will be useless once the game goes past mid phase.

Plus his ganks are not scarry, his dmg isn't scary even with full AP build. Ap does not help his shield at all btw (you don't gain more base shield with your AP). Poor ratios on all his low CD abilities (which aren't that low), and he isn't a tank unless he has tanky items. That shield means nothing when he only has 52MR (base @ 18) and 78 armour.

AP again doesn't help mord as he doesn't gain any more shield with extra AP. (his base shield amount). Not to mention he bursts once in a team fight as AP and is dead or ignored. He isn't an AP carry at all, and he isn't even a very good tank other than just absorbing dmg (as a tank he doesn't CC or push anyone anywhere).

There is a reason the LoL community says "Mord mid huehuehuehue" and say "Es Mord #1!". Only Brazilians think he is still viable and we all know where they stand in the rankings of countries that play LoL.
(I found the last part very stereotypical)

My stance: (again exact wording)
My build with mord: Will of the Ancients, spell pen. boots, Deathcap, Sunfire Cape, Spirit Visage, then Lich bane (damage) or Aegis of the Legion (defence)

And AP does make his passive stronger, it's gained via damage; AP makes him do more damage therefor he gets more shield.

3rd lev Children of the grave steals 34% of target's hp, + 1 per each 25ap. Add to that 25% spellvamp. And q hitting for ~1,5k, also healing for 25%. Aaaand spammable e dealing 500 dmg each 4 seconds. If you get ap Morde to late game, death occurs.
(I know his ult only does half damage on cast, other half is DoT)

If he's building AP he won't be the one starting the fight, he might use Creeping Death on the initiator or on his AD carry, and Siphon of Destruction from a distance, since he's close range he'll take some hits and AoE so if he does get hurt he can heal via Children of the Grave on your AD carry once he gets a ghost he can freely go into melee range.
and once he gets Will of the Ancients his attacks heal him more - I only play mord as a solo mid.
if you start focusing him he'll just use Creeping death on himself and attack who ever attacks him, So he's healing, getting a shield and hurting you when you could be attacking someone else more squishy.

And he doesn't need to out last you, he just needs to outlast your team till they've lost because you were attacking the mord not the AD/AP carry and he can hunt you down, and if he was desperate for health he could just ult the person with the most total health.
There is a reason he is called a Juggernaut pure offence and pure defense.
He doesn't have stuns and natural CC to protect him, he can't out run you and he doesn't have very long range; but he does have the ability to turn around and pimp-slap you back to the summoner well.

Mord is a tank no matter how you build him, because 900 extra health in a second is very intimidating.

-------------------------

Who has a better stance?

Deave

04-17-2012

he has no cc, building him true tank makes him worthless other than an r key.

he has low c.d and the ability to farm like a monster.

his q deals 3 milion dmg if built full ap and hits only 1 target.

when fed he is one of the few champs that can take on an entire team.

thats like saying cuz ryze builds tanky and has **** ap ratio's he isnt a mage.

Paulacid

04-17-2012

He's one of the top 5 winningest champs in almost every category (High ELO, low ELO, solo, teamplay)

I didn't read your argument, but I think that's enough to settle the dispute.

Knux

04-17-2012

With some spell vamp, clever positioning, and good aim, he is utterly fantastic in a teamfight. He is one of few, if not the only, champion(s) that is better in a 5v1 than a 1v1. (More people to hit, more health regained, more shield from each ability)

Zhugan

04-17-2012

Morde is an incredibly effective mage, and should be built like one. He doesn't need "high" ratios (even though his ratios are pretty **** good) because ALL of his abilities are aoe. His one ability that isn't aoe is his ultimate and that hits a single target for around 50% of their total hp (roughly 30% of their hp if they have a LOT of mr.) Morde also makes any team fight 6v4 if played effectively, and a LOT of pros play Morde because of how good he is... So, I'd say you're right and your friend is wrong.

TheSlappySlap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

hue

Dasick

04-17-2012

0.6 on an AOE spell is pretty strong

and deathcap morde? hue

TheFuggernaut

04-17-2012

Morde is and always will be good.

MisterKaras

04-17-2012

hes a ****ty tank with no CC, but as a bursting AP champion there's none tankier, mordes power is his sustain not his damage.

Triftex

04-17-2012

The only problem morde has is how hard he gets kited.
He excels vs meele and destroys cc'd carries. But dies too easily to non-cc'd ranged carries.

If late game an AP morde goes into w+q+e+r+ignite on the ranged carry, he's dead, and ghosted.
Which means you have 2 ad carrys + morde's q and e are have very short cd.
So its pretty much a won fight/ace/few turrets taken with ghost.

Edit: If you first/second pick him, dont be afraid to go top. Specially if they pick Cass. Going level 1-5 with 0cs not fun.