Disrupting the Balance (Shen X Akali)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuggableZombie

03-15-2012

Announcement: I'm overdue for another chapter, I know. I've recently taken up a few things that have kept me busy and probably will keep me busy. That being said, I will try my ****edest to keep up this story. Even if I have to sacrifice an entire day to writing a chapter, I will do that.

Sorry again for the long wait, I'm trying to adjust to other things that have kept me occupied and still have this story being written.

Tarakol

03-15-2012

I like how you feel responsible to use. Good.

lastxblackxrose

03-16-2012

I check this thread everyday waiting for the next chapter :3 Thank you for making such a great read >x<b Can't wait for chapter 4 :3

HuggableZombie

03-17-2012

Chapter 4: A Shadow Amongst Men

A man in a black cloak looked upon the giant citadel in front of him. The gate was sealed and guarded by two men in black outfits fitting their master. As the man in the black cloak approached the two guards, he was stopped by one of them. The guard’s voice was deep and bellowing, but also muffled as it passed through the cloak of the man’s mask. “Who are you?” The guard asked.

The man in a black cloak looked up from where he stared. Upon seeing the cloaked man’s face, the two guards held their weapons up. One stabbed forward but the cloaked man grabbed his arm, twisting it and stabbing the blade into the ground. The second guard stabbed forward also, but his face was struck by the cloaked man’s foot, sending him sprawling backwards. The cloaked man turned his attention back to the first guard, striking his throat with two fingers; the guard instantly fell to the ground, unconscious.

The cloaked one stood up, approaching the second guard who shuffled backwards on the ground away from the approaching figure. “What do you want?!” he asked in terror. A large grin spread across the cloaked man’s face.

“I want to see your leader, the master of shadows. Where is he?” The cloaked man’s voice was calm and smooth, which rivaled his skill which was feared among the disciples of Zed.

“He is inside his chambers as always,” the guard said before standing up and avoiding the cloaked man as he opened the gate and walking inside the premises.

Once the cloaked man was inside the training grounds, the entire student body fell silent and kept their eyes on the walking figure. Every student of the master of shadows looked in awe at the figure. His walk had been almost completely interrupted until a single figure stood in his track.

“You are not welcome here,” the student said boldly. “Leave, or I will be forced to turn you backwards.”

The cloaked man nearly laughed before he removed the black cloak from his body. The man’s face was wrinkled and had age attached to it, but not so much as to imply his bones were weak and brittle. His hair was raven black, except for grey streaks that ran across his hair. He wore a complete black gi underneath the cloak but his chiseled body could be seen below the tight clothing. A black goatee with grey accents sat upon his face.

The student grunted before taking a stance in front of the ninja standing before him. The aged man also took a stance. The student took the first strike, throwing a punch towards the aged one, who grabbed the student’s fist and twisted it, turning the student and forcing him to the ground. He then spun his leg over the student’s body and pressed it against the boy’s shoulder, twisted the student’s arm until a loud pop could be heard followed by the screaming of the student. The aged ninja dropped the student’s arm before looking around at the rest of the ninjas. “Is this the best you can do?” he asked calmly, gesturing down towards the beaten student.

“Clearly your master has taught you better than this!” he semi-shouted. “Pathetic, all of you,” he grumbled before continuing towards Zed’s chambers. The rest of his trail was kept clear of any more students.

The aged ninja opened the door to the main chamber Zed sat in, like a king. As the aged ninja approached, Zed sat up. “You aren’t welcome here,” Zed began.

“Regardless, I am,” the older ninja said as he approached Zed. Movement of a black form shifted behind him and soon, the master of shadows was behind the aged ninja. A blade shot up towards the older man, but he pushed it downward, shoving it harmlessly toward the ground with an audible clink of metal on stone. “Still doing parlor tricks, Zed?”

Zed growled before swapping back to his original seat, “What do you want?” he snarled.

The older ninja made his way closer to the false throne Zed sat upon. “I want to make a deal with you, Zed. I have a certain…task that I want complete.”

“Tell that pawn of yours to do it,” Zed said hastily.

“That’s the problem. He won’t,” The aged ninja countered. Zed’s interest was sparked by the statement. “He is struggling with the command, and I know for a fact he will fail in his duty.”

A grin spread across Zed’s mouth underneath the metal mask he wore. “The great and powerful Shen, failing in his duties…He was always weak.”

The aged ninja’s face hardened, “This is not an argument of who is strong and who is weak. I am still part of the kinkou and you are still my enemy. Dishonor him again, and I will make sure that your ‘students’ know why you have not killed us all.”

Zed snorted, “If you can do that, then why not perform this task yourself?” Zed questioned.

“I have made a vow to not end the life of a human being. This task requires that two must be snuffed out,” The aged ninja spoke. Zed’s brain made the connection of Shen and ‘lives being taken’. He was immediately invested into the idea.

Zed sat up from his seat and looked toward the ninja intently. “What is it that you require?” Zed asked. The aged ninja paused before a wicked smile spread across his face.

“A former student of yours has been recently confirmed as pregnant. This child will grow to tip the balance, as predicted by many sources. We can’t stand to have that.”

Zed’s mind was able to piece together the rest of the story. “And you’re hiring me as an assassin?”

The aged ninja nodded once, “Your target is Akali.”

The Master of Shadows nearly fell from his seat as he heard the name Akali. “You want me to kill…her?”

“And the child she bears,” finished the elder ninja.

Zed took a deep breath before standing up from his throne, “and what do I get for completing this task?”

“I can promise your brother’s head on a platter,” the elder ninja spoke.

“You don’t kill humans,” Zed responded. The elder ninja smiled before pulling a dagger from his belt.

“No, no I don’t. But you do,” the older man replied as he threw the dagger directly at Zed whom then caught it between his fingers. Instantly, he felt the poison secreting from the blade.

Zed eyed the dagger before spinning it and stabbing it into his wooden seat. “You expect me to cheat my brother? I may not be a kinkou, but I am still honorable!”

“Oh yes, you are very honorable. You are honorable enough to cheat your brother all those years ago in front of his own father. You are honorable enough to learn a forbidden technique and use it to your advantage. You are honorable enough to kill your father, the only man who ever took you under his wing. Yes, Zed, you are a VERY honorable man,” The aged ninja said before turning on his heel and walking out the door.

Zed looked at the doorway as the ninja walked out of it. His eyes fell upon the poison soaked dagger. In his years after he was shunned from the kinkou, he had grown to become angered by the balance. The very balance he once fought to become the guardian over, was what disgusted him the most.

All that time he spent practicing with his brother and perfecting his martial art was all for naught when he was shunned. Thinking back, he wondered if he had made the right decision by taking the path he took. What would have happened had his will to resist only been a bit stronger? He frequently asked himself this question. Who would have been the true Eye of Twilight had he passed up the knowledge he sought? Would Shen have made the same decision had he been presented the temptation? At times, Zed wished he hadn't taken the path he had.

But he did. He couldn't resist the temptation and fell to the darkness of the forbidden technique. Not a day passed where he was brought back to that event. The moment of defining for him was that moment where he decided to take up the scrolls of shadows. Honorable? Was he joking himself? The elder ninja was right, he was NOT an honorable man.

The ninja’s hand reached for the dagger as he grasped it in his hand. Pulling it free from its resting place, he ran his finger over the poison. “Alright Cin, you win this time,” Zed whispered to himself before rushing out of his throne.

As he exited his quarters, he saw Cin about to leave the training grounds. “CIN!” Zed shouted. The hooded ninja turned back around, looking Zed dead in the eyes. “I accept,” he announced. Cin grinned as he headed out the very gates he had entered in. Zed stood there, dagger in hand, for a few moments before turning back around and entering his quarters again.

__________________________________________________ _

A bit shorter than what it replaced but I promise this story is going to be a lot less cluttered with unneeded material.

lastxblackxrose

03-17-2012

Finally!! Although I am a bit confused. The Institute is back and running? and the summoners were found? XD sorry I'm so into this story I can't help but ask these questions :3

xwlr

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastxblackxrose View Post
Finally!! Although I am a bit confused. The Institute is back and running? and the summoners were found? XD sorry I'm so into this story I can't help but ask these questions :3
Hmmm, aren't you confusing this story with mine? The Institude never stopped working in this story, only in mine, "Shen's Journey". But that is a different tale entirely xD

lastxblackxrose

03-17-2012

Oops xD sorry I read both of them on the same day at like 1 or so in the morning x3 my bad >x>'''''

Fiery Heathen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Two amazing Shen stories so close to each other. Its really awesome, he's definitely my favorite champion. His personality gives so much for authors to develop, its really nice. Thanks you two
(copy pasted onto both threads)

Fiery Heathen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiethekid View Post
Chapter 4: A Guardian

The old plot had an open-ended ending in which the reader could decided who won the fight, Shen or Akali.

Did i miss a part of the story?

HuggableZombie

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Heathen View Post
Did i miss a part of the story?
No you didn't. When I first started writing this story, I wasn't going to include Shaco and Mordekaiser. In my original story, it was supposed to end with Shen and Akali fighting but I kinda scrapped it in favor of having Shaco and Mordekaiser.