Cataclysm: Kalamanda Rising

1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkyrie Lead

03-30-2014

Drawn into a plot by his arch nemesis, Swain, Jarvan IV now faces tensions growing across Valoran and a powder keg developing in the sleepy village of Kalamanda. With the death of the Dragon, Kampf, Jarvan and Shyvana are set to return to Demacia, but their adventure has only just begun...

_ _ ___ _ _

The direct sequel to Cataclysm of the Dragonborn, Cataclysm: Kalamanda Rising is my next full length fan fiction. The story is Jarvan IV x Shyvana centric, based upon their shared lore and the lore of Valoran. Enjoy!

_ _ ___ _ _

Due to difficulties with trying to publish here, I won't be posting the story here upon the FanFiction forums. Much of the tone is lost when I have to change language, and with the sequel I will be dealing darker tones, language and most likely adult themes. I managed to skirt the line with Cataclysm of the Dragonborn, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As with Cataclysm, chapters will probably be updated once or twice a week.

Chapter Twenty-Five: Watcher is now available on FF.net!

Chapters:
Prologue: Lurkings
One: Demacia
Two: King Jarvan III
Three: Duel
Four: Council
Five: Judicator
Six: Chickadee
Seven: Subordinates
Eight: Tension
Nine: Broken
Ten: Exhibition
Eleven: Juniper
Twelve: Catherine
Thirteen: Reunion
Fourteen: Date
Fifteen: Nightmare
Sixteen: Ambush
Seventeen: Hospital
Eighteen: Offices
Nineteen: Lorcan
Twenty: Emergency
Twenty-One: Demsec
Twenty-Two: Aftermath
Twenty-Three: Summons
Twenty-Four: Assembly

The entire story and more can be found here, on FanFiction.net:

The original story can be found on the League of Legends forums, here:
Cataclysm of the Dragonborn (Original release)

The Updated version of the original story can be found on Fanfiction.net:
Cataclysm of the Dragonborn

I'll be posting here whenever a new chapter goes up, so you can follow me here or on FF.net.
(You can favorite the story for updates and you can follow me for other work that I do, though it isn't required.)

Update: The story's rating was recently bumped up to M on Fanfiction.net due to recent chapters.

Feel free to drop a comment here or on FF.net with your opinion of the story, any criticisms, things you like, would like to see, or would like to see improved upon!

Bloodynite

03-30-2014

Asdfhaosgf

whaaaat the sequel already!?!?

My body was not ready yet

Valkyrie Lead

03-30-2014

It begins. :3

geogio13

03-30-2014

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Brightish

03-30-2014

but will there be another sequel?

Valkyrie Lead

03-30-2014

Depends on how long C:KR goes. Right now I have about a third of the story mapped out, but I don't have a hugely realistic view on how long each section I've mapped out is going to take. For the prologue, it started at 11 bullets and 262 words total for the planning, and then ended at 7,865. Using some rough guessing and assuming I'll be writing a similar rate... puts me right around 160,000 for the current planning.

I might end up breaking it into two stories honestly, though AFTER the current story line (Kalamanda) I'm not entirely sure where things will go. I'll probably have a number of shorter stories that take place during Jarvan and Shyvana's shared time in the League of Legends.

I'm not entirely certain how I would make a direct sequel to C:KR right now without taking huge liberties with the story. But that's something for the future; right now i'm spending a large amount of time thinking about C:KR, and a few other small pieces that I might put out sooner or later.

RedMaverick27

03-31-2014

Bumppppppppp

commando2341

04-04-2014

Bump

Valkyrie Lead

04-05-2014

Hey guys just an update on what I've got going on regarding the story.

I have a chapter finished, but I'm holding onto it a bit long till I have the second chapter ready as well. It might be a few days till it's ready, depend how much writing I do, but I'll have them posted before too long.

Thanks guys.

commando2341

04-06-2014

Bump

1234511 ... 23