Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The 10 Types of LoL Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jímmy

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Hello everyone, my name is Jimmy and I am an avid league of legends normal and ranked game player. THroughout the past year of playing league of legends, there seems to be a certain trend in player personalities, with nearly every game having all players containing one of these types of personalities.

*These personalities are made from my personal experience in games, you may have experienced different types of players, but generally all fit into one category or the other.

1. The Underspoken Carry
-This is the guy who picks and locks a champion in champion select, he doesn't say a word throughout the entire champion select or entering the game for the first 20 minutes. He will ocassionally ping and say "ok" or "come". This is the player who will proceed to do very well, finishing with scores like 8/1/15 and leaves you wondering why he didn't speak the entire game.

2. The pompous player
-This is the guy who is very self-conceited, he will type "F*** you all, im picking trynd and carrying you noobs." He will very rarely do well, most of the time finishing with scores such as 5/8/9 and will continously make mistakes that are of his own blame. He is the type of player who chases across the map, he is the type of player who will kill somebody and then die himself, giving the enemy team many assists plus a kill for his single kill. He is the type of player who most oftenly plays solo top or jungle.

3. The roudy tryhard
-This is the player who in champion select asks what everyone is going to be, he proceeds to tell people what to play, he in no way is as arrogant as the pompous player, yet he still faces the same vanities. He will usually talk about strategy and he will theorycraft at mad, he will try to disprove anyone if they say something that is remotely arguable, he will always try to win arguments. In game this player will be the one who pings 8-10 times at once, especially with the retreat pings that are louder.

4. The teemo's
-This is the player who is very mannered, in champion select he will play whatever is needed, but he is very timid. He will apologize for every mistake that he makes, yet he will continue making them, he is usually not that greaet of a player, and will proceed to feed then say "sry." Usually the teemo's do not blame other playes, they will just quietly feed the enemy team and feed them super super hard.

5. The "I MID OR I FEED"
-Should be called I always feed, this is the player who when they are last pick in ranked will shout i twitch mid, you argue that perhaps you should see what the enemy team picks and our team picks first besides he decides. When it comes time for him to pick and support is the only option left, he picks evelyn and takes promote and smite.

6. The braggers
-These are the people who get a kill and brag about it nonstop, they will talk in the all chat and flame the other team for being bad. These people are the ones who will type "lmfao" after they themselves die, but continue to antagonize the enmy team.

7. The average Joe
-This is the type of person who is mild tempered, they speak inc hampion select and state who they would like to play, they do fairly well with their champion, they normally win lane with the help of ganks and do everything that their role needs to be doing. HOWEVER they don't do anything spectacular, this is the type of person who is exactly on-par with the skill level of their opponents and won't do anything to carry their team. For example this player will be 2-0 as leblanc, will have a rabadons by 20 minutes, but bottom lane is losing by 40 cs and a kill, this average joe will continue farming mid, eventually bototm lane snowballs and the game becomes difficult to win. Instead of ganking or having spectacular plays by catching someone offguard, this player will instead wait for their teammates to make plays.

8. The "I DONT GIVE A F IMMMA CHARGIN" Players'
-We've all had this type of player, they will be playing champions such as blitzcrank, your entire team will be super low hp and what do they do? Grab the other teams amumu/malphite/singed. THey will be playing the champions that make plays, but will instead make plays for the enemy teams sometimes. They are the ones who initiate teamfights when everyone is low, they are the ones who towerdive and then type "wtf" after they die. They will most of the time not blame others for the actions, but wont take full responsibility themselves.

9. The merry players
-these are the players that type gl hf, gg at the start of every single game. They play with a positive attitude, they type "lol" after something funny happens, and they make the most out of their time with the game. They will most of the times be average or on par with the average joe's, they will make faces such as ^^ or and talk with the enemy team with allchat, they try to find fun in everything and will do their designated role fairly well.

10. The complainer
-these are the players who will complain nonstop about everything, they will ultimately lead to a harder game because of their complaining as the team won't focus and lose morale. These players are the ones who during champion select say "OMFG they got shaco, u didnt ban him gg" and not give their 100% effort. These players will perform subpar and make it easier for the enmy team to snowball. They are the ones who will most oftenly have the enmy team saying "report so- and so for verbal abuse" the complainer usually always like to make the biggest deals out of the smallest things. you accidently take a little too much dmg after trading in lane and they call you a noob.

So, these are the 10 types of lol players that i've noticed, anyone else think that there really are jsut only these 10 types of players? What have your experiences been with the community, do you think there are any other categories?

LoveOfProfit

02-19-2012

Psh everyone knows there's only two types of players.

1. You.
2. All the other f*#king noobs on your team who make you lose.

Jímmy

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Quote:
LoveOfProfit:
Psh everyone knows there's only two types of players.

1. You.
2. All the other f*#king noobs on your team who make you lose.

IKR! lol

TarMynastyr

02-19-2012

I am a pompous player maining and instalocking TRYNDAMERE first pick and reaching 2k elo. **** YEAH!

Bolby

02-19-2012

I'm 1. When I carry, 8. When I'm a tank. Normally ends well when I charge in, I absorb all the incoming blows. I don't play singed or Blitz though so probably is the reason.

Also I have never seen a polite Teemo in ranked. So the application is subjective.

Tylër

02-19-2012

The closest one I fit is 7, and its not even completely true.

Turakau

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Then there is "The Evelynn" - feeds the enemy team in ranked solo queue. Has revive and teleport

YoshioPeePee

02-19-2012

i'm 1 when i am doing well and 4 when i'm not

Coenen

02-19-2012

im 1 except the good scores part l0l

Sorayai

02-19-2012

im a mix of 1 and 9 (dont talk to the enemy team tho)