Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Mercenary's Love [Shyvana X Jax]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Based off of the "Ask Shyvana" and "Ask Jax" threads under the Lore Discussion board.

Part 1: Lamppost for my Valentine

Jax leaned back from his desk after reading the response from Shyvana. He had been sending a week’s worth of gifts, and this was the culmination of his efforts. A chance. He had a chance.

While she was skeptical enough to test many of his gifts for poison, Jax didn’t really mind. They were all anonymous, save for that last poem in which he revealed himself, and so many anonymous gifts could easily raise suspicion.

As for tonight, well… it was time for tea.

Jax went into his wardrobe, removing a suit he hadn’t worn in ages, feeling the fabric through the hand bindings he always wore. With that, he began to undress, removing the heavy purple and pink robes he usually wore, switching out his typical mask for one that fit with the suit a little better. Putting on a narrow-brimmed hat, he set to working on the bowtie.

The tie was a problem, since his hand bindings limited him to three fingers.

Grumbling, he undid them, revealing five perfectly normal fingers. He chuckled at the notion that people seemed to think that he had only three fingers as he flexed his hand, some of the stiffness from the bindings wearing off. With that, he tied up the red bowtie, pulling it tight and straightening it, smiling in satisfaction. As he walked out of his house, he took a simple cane from the doorway, slender yet sturdy enough for his purposes.

He walked down the streets of Demacia, his dress shoes clicking against the cobblestone streets, the padded tip of the cane making less noise than his feet. It was one of the reasons he had hated dressing up, that the clothes he wore for formality’s sake made so much more noise than the robes and tabi he preferred.

However, Jax’s ruminations were rendered a bit short as he walked past the Crownguard estate. He looked up at the home of Garen and Lux before continuing to walk. Five more blocks and he would be at the tea house.

As he continued to walk, a few people recognized him, or, rather, his mask, and stopped him briefly. A few just wanted to say hi, one asked for his autograph, but the Grandmaster at Arms didn’t mind. He just hoped he wouldn’t be too late.

He got to the tea house about a half an hour after the sun had set, the night sky lit up with twinkling stars, and pushed open the glass door.

He saw Shyvana immediately. She was waiting patiently at a table wearing a red and orange dress that seemed to ripple like fire, her crimson hair done up in a braid behind her head, red heels that added three inches to her height on her feet.

Jax walked right past the seating host, simply pointing to the table where Shyvana sat as an explanation. He hooked the cane on the back of his chair then took a seat, crossing his legs under the table and accidentally bumping Shyvana’s leg with his foot in the process.

Shyvana simply gave him a level stare, “I hope that was unintentional.”

“It was, and it’s nice to see you too,” the Grandmaster replied before chuckling, “Thanks for coming out with me tonight.”

The tension broken, the half-dragon visibly relaxed, “Needless to say, I was surprised to find out that you were sending all the gifts. I had always thought that you would be more bold in expressing your feelings.”

Underneath the mask, Jax grinned, “Well, I am, just only with anger and rage. And those two I usually express with a certain lighting instrument in my hand.”

She smirked, he chuckled, and their server came over with menus.

A quick look over, and they both ordered. Jax took a dark blend from Zaun while Shyvana took a more fragrant Ionian tea. As they sipped, they talked.

“So have you been keeping busy recently?” Jax asked, opening a slot in his mask so he could put the edge of the teacup through.

“I have,” the half-dragon replied, “I find myself being summoned to the Fields of Justice more and more these days.”

A barking laugh came from the masked man, “That makes two of us. It seems like I’ve been in higher demand since my… what do the summoners call it? Remastery. That’s it.” Another sip, the hot tea sliding smoothly down his throat.

Shyvana eyed him, “Aren’t you glad the summoners have altered you so? I mean, you were a rather difficult foe before, but even more so now.”

Jax laughed, shaking his head, “The summoners that called me forth before don’t do so as much now because of the alterations. It’s mildly disappointing.”

She smiled at him and raised her teacup to him, and they finished, their conversation continuing, the conversation straying from their work in the League of Legends to discussion of their fellow champions. Eventually, their talks just went away from the League entirely, focusing on music and books.

“I’m surprised that you read so much, Jax,” Shyvana said after a discussion on the novel Of Mice and Men.

“Sometimes I like to do it while fishing,” The grandmaster replied, “It’s quite relaxing, sitting out on a small sailboat, learning to wait for a bite.”

“I think I lack the patience to do that,” Shyvana said, “The fire in me wouldn’t want to stay put that long.”

Jax laughed and finished his tea. Shyvana was already done with hers. “Well, patience is a thing learned, not gained overnight.” With this, he politely waved their server over for the check.

The tea was much less expensive than what Jax had originally anticipated (possibly because it was ordered by two rather notable League champions), and he left the server a rather generous tip. Standing, he offered his arm to Shyvana. “Shall we?”

“I don’t know what you have planned,” Shyvana replied, “But know the punishment if I am angered by such a thing.”

The burly fighter laughed as she linked her arm in his, and they walked out of the tea house. “I happen to know a rather good place in town for dancing. Do you dance?”

“I had to learn in order to participate effectively in court, though I find that most men are too afraid to dance with me.” She let out a light laugh now, “Are you afraid of dancing with a dragon?”

“Fear is the mind killer,” Jax responded, “But if there was no fear, there would be only stupidity. Fear needs to be present in order for there to be courage.”

Shyvana cocked an eyebrow at him, “Poetic. Though I think Garen would disagree with that last statement.”

“Ask him next time you two meet. He’ll tell you otherwise.”

Shyvana smirked and they continued their walk until they came to a building with music emanating from it. The music was light and airy, not the heavy, grating music like Pentakill, but more classical, played by an orchestra. A small line of people dressed in the same type of formal wear lined up outside the doorway, being let in one at a time or turned away by an incredibly large man at the door.

Jax looked at Shyvana and grinned. Though she couldn’t see it, she still understood and gave an exasperated roll of her eyes, though she still shared a smile with him.

It was less than two minutes before they got to the front of the line, and the extremely large man looked at the two in shock, recognizing Shyvana immediately and taking a moment before knowing who Jax was. A mask has a tendency to do that to you.

When inside, the two of them found a place on the edge of the dance floor before a familiar tune was struck up. Jax chuckled and looked at Shyvana.

“Do you tango?”

“I learned a thing or two from Twisted Fate, yes.”

“Good. That makes two of us.”

With that, Jax took Shyvana by the hand and waist, leading the way onto the dance floor. The half-dragon picked up quickly as they made their way out onto the dance floor, two bodies moving as one in the throes of Tango.

Jax spun Shyvana once, then they continued to dance, her leg wrapping around his as he kneeled forward, coming back up to continue the basic step. Their faces were so close together, an inch of air and a cloth mask separating the two of them. When the dance was done, they walked off the dance floor, both out of breath and laughing.

“So,” Jax said between breaths, “Are you happy that a man was not too scared to dance with you?”

“I am,” she responded, a white smile shining, “Thank you.”

Jax let out another heaving breath before saying, “Give me a few moments, and we could do another if you’d like.”

“I would like that. Just try and keep up.”

With that, the former mercenary laughed and led Shyvana back out onto the dance floor for another dance.

So the night continued.

WexAndywn

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Amazing as always!

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Quote:
WexAndywn:
Amazing as always!

Shank you, shank you very much.

WexAndywn

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Err...I'd prefer not to be shanked, thank you very much.

Señor Sleepy

02-19-2012

Im wondering how were you inspired by the ask Jax and ask Shyvana?

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

02-19-2012

Quote:
Sleepyreader1:
Im wondering how were you inspired by the ask Jax and ask Shyvana?

Read them for yourself and find out.

Pandalovely

02-19-2012

i loved this!!!!!! :3

Keaton Lee

02-19-2012

Me gusta

Silverling

02-20-2012

This seems vaguely familiar (http://silver-moonling.deviantart.com/art/Two-to-Tango-285485067)for some reason... d=

Either way, nicely written, I enjoyed it. :3

ImNotGonnaRaichu

02-20-2012

Quote:
Silverling:
This seems vaguely familiar (http://silver-moonling.deviantart.com/art/Two-to-Tango-285485067)for some reason... d=

Either way, nicely written, I enjoyed it. :3

That picture is probably one of the coolest League related things I've seen.