Good Idea for a Champion

No, dont like it 20 14.18%
Maybe needs some changes 37 26.24%
Yes, it is a prety good Idea 84 59.57%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

[Character Concept], Arilian, Queen of the Elements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limeaid

02-20-2012

Picture looks pretty good for a paint product. Gj Havoc Keep impressing me with working with the people i like the updates and the decisions.

Havoc202

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsmapizza View Post
hmmm, I think the concept is pretty interesting, but I don't think the kit is too well suited to what you want it to do because you wouldn't really benefit from getting in melee range outside of the ult. Anyways, my thoughts on the kit:

Passive: I think the effect is fine, but I feel the implementation could be a bit better. For instance, why not make it so that the passive applies after X amount of auto attacks and have it do a flat amount of magic damage to the target hit and 2 other targets. I feel this would be a bit better because it would encourage you to stay in melee range to increase your overall dps. What you have now is kinda like J4's passive where you can essentially run up and nuke the enemy in lane every 6 seconds.

Q: I'm a tad confused about this spell. Does the splash damage apply to the targeted enemy? or only to the enemies surrounding the enemy. Anyways, I think this skill is fine, although the numbers could be tweaked a bit. I think the spell should have a little more base damage if the splash doesn't apply to the target because I feel this skill is your most consistant source of damage. If the splash damage does apply to the targeted enemy, you'll have to decrease the base damage of this spell because 300 base damage on a champ with essentially 4 damaging abilities is a bit too much because most champs have a base damage of 250 when they max a skill. The only champ I can think of who breaks this convention is Zilean and he only has 1 damaging skill. Also, most single target nukes have a scaling of .6 AP, so you should probably adjust the scaling too.

W: Again, I think this skill is fine, but it's numbers should be tweaked a bit. Specifically, I think the snare duration should be reduced by .5 at all levels because 2.5 seconds at max rank is a pretty long time, especially compared to some other champs (i.e. maokai, snare duration 2 seconds at max). The only other champs who have hard CC that I can think of that is longer than 2.5 seconds is rammus and morgana and these long duration CC is fine on them because they both have relatively long cool downs and they don't have 4 damaging skills.

E: I have quite a few problems with skill. First of all, what does the "shield strength" refer to? does she gain a shield when this is cast or something? Anyways, the numbering on this skill is kinda all over the place in that the slow is too little to actually keep the enemy within the spell's radius till you're able to reactivate the spell, the damage is way too high for a basic AOE spell. The only thing I can compare this skill to is nunu's ult except it does a lot less damage and it's not very good at keeping the enemies inside the spell's radius. What I suggest you do is that you should either have the slow scale with levels and decrease the damage of the spell and make it a bit easier to pop on enemies or you could change the spell completely. If you decide to change the spell I would recommend making the spell so that it allows the champ to mitigate damage or some sort of sustain because a spell like that would make it easier for this champ to survive in team fights.

R: My feelings towards the ult right now are mixed because it doesn't really mesh that well with the kit so far. What I see is that you have this great damage steroid on this champ who has a hard time getting in or out of battle and also has a hard time living through the battle. So I feel that this ult is pretty bad on the current kit. Also, you dodn't really seem to benefit from the rage explosion because you can't control when the explosion goes off.

In summary, the skills are pretty straight forward, but they don't really mesh that well because half the kit is designed for a mage and half the kit is designed for a melee character. What this devision will cause is that the champ will either be a really good mage or a really good fighter (I'll call this the Sion effect), but a bad melee Mage. What you should do is remove some of the damage and add in a mobility spell or some kind of spell that will make the character more tanky so she can actually survive in melee range or be able to unload her skills on a champ and then get out. Also, I suggest you should look at either Rumble's, Nidalee's, Jax's, or Sion's kit to help you find what you're striving to do in this kit.

I hope this helps.
Thank you Thatsmypizza, I have made some tweeks that you have suggested. I am going to make a full explination of how each move comes into play here in a few short seconds. I plan to show you how the moves I came up with exactly tie together.

Raptor J3sus

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeaid View Post
Picture looks pretty good for a paint product. Gj Havoc Keep impressing me with working with the people i like the updates and the decisions.
Give me a few days and i can give u some great artwork =p

Havoc202

02-20-2012

Some Moves Have been Update and Some Explinations that have been needed, have been given. If you have any suggestions, comments, or something I might just want to explore Leave me a comment and I will think it over.

Limeaid

02-20-2012

Alright sounds good Falco if you can make it look better that would be amazing cuz Only so much you can do with paint lol. Btw Havoc once again doing good in Clarifying and entertaining the ideas of the public. For anyone that reads this Try to spread the word of this champ. Maybe riot will get an idea for a champion like this or at least a shaman type.

AppleManSam

02-20-2012

You wanted me to come back and give a full review and i will. But first can you go and check out my new Q and E. I changed them a lot.
Here is the link:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post21218524
If you do that ill review your champion tommorow

Limeaid

02-20-2012

Alright its done thank you again Apple as you can tell their has been quite a few updates on this Thread and i believe the champion is well balanced its just tweaking the small stuff. Also since you have been here last the Ulty has changed severly but it has the concept with out the massive idea that the champion is a huge uncontrollable ap nuke.

Havoc202

02-21-2012

Anyone Want to Give a Review?

Havoc202

02-21-2012

Bump

AppleManSam

02-21-2012

You wanted me to review this, i already did.
But i would love if you could review my main champion other then Ghalil.
Siren, The Shadows Dawn:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1835350