Dominion Skarner Highlights Video

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstraeusRasgriz

02-18-2012

Who says Skarner can only be played as AP? Well, technically I do these days, but forget about that part! Here's a high definition montage PvP video of how I used to play Skarner before the community figured out that if you ignore scorpions, you're going to get stung. These days I play AP Skarner for various reasons. If you're interested in how I build and play Skarner these days, scroll down. If you're care, my Dominion ranking is around 1900 these days, which I believe puts me at around the top 1-2%. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab-q0jqbDH8

Songs

Intro: Ergo Proxy - Raging Pulse
First Song: Lacuna Coil - Trip the Darkness
Second Song: Five Finger Death Punch - Under and Over it

Also Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8fRKjJuJE for my brother's Dominion Rumble Video!

================================================== ==============

Current thoughts on Skarner:
I've played him AD, AS, AD/AP, AS/AP, AP, Tank, and AD/Tank.

When I first started with him, I really loved his damage potential as raw AD/AS, but of course that comes at the cost of being squishy like any assassin type champ, and as the meta in Dominion shifted to "RAWR CHARGE RAWR" to "POKE POKE SWISH POKE", my AD build started to become a very easy and fast kill for the enemy team. I then took a very long stint as trinity force tanky or just straight tank, and ultimately I found that while my survivability went way up, I wasn't really doing anything. Either they focused me and I still died pretty **** fast because I wasn't full tank, or I go full tank and they ignore me while killing the players that are ACTUALLY MAKING THINGS HAPPEN.

About a month ago I started playing full AP and my god, it's working so much better at my bracket. While the fights continue to be very poke-focused, his fracture ability hits very hard, is on a reasonable CD (With ionian), and his overall ability to survive in a fight is VASTLY improved through shields that are much thicker, and fracture restoring anywhere from 150-450 HP per use (depending on the amount of targets hit). Overall, AP Skarner won't have the same damage output as an AD Skarner, but ultimately he is much more well-rounded. He actually has a decent poke, he seems to gain a bit more AoE damage due to fracture being a very high-damage rail-shot type ability, and the more AP you get, the tankier he becomes without ever actually investing a whole lot of gold in defensive items.

Current Build I aim for:
Prospector's Ring
Ionian Boots
Rabadon's Deathcap
Will of the Ancients
Spirit Visage (Extra MR, HP, CDR, Healing)
Rylai's (I've never gone further than Spirit Visage, but if a game went to 15k gold, I'd eventually get this)

Runes:
Reds - Magic Pen
Yellow - Armor
Blue - AP/Level
Quints - 2 AP/level, 1 Magic Pen

MilesMcStyles

02-18-2012

Wow the Rumble ally in that video is ridiculously good. Oh, and the Skarner too. He got our teams out of some real PINCH'es, let me tell you.

Also, I like movies like these. I wish I could search for a Dominion movie and get high quality, well put together highlight reels. Not audio commentary bull**** that shows whole games so the viewers can watch the death timer occasionally.

0shi

02-19-2012

Not knowing much about Skarner, can you tell me why you seem to rarely cast fracture against single targets?

AstraeusRasgriz

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
Not knowing much about Skarner, can you tell me why you seem to rarely cast fracture against single targets?
When I was playing AD, I found that stopping to cast fracture was ultimately a bigger DPS loss than just continuing to swing, especially when each auto attack lowers the cooldown on more shields and more Q. I could easily have been wrong, especially when it was at its final rank and does 240 base damage, but by that late in the game I could easily crit for well more than 240 damage. If he didn't stop swinging to throw fractures, I would have no reason, but he easily stops for a solid second to do it.

Panwar

02-19-2012

Great video. Makes me want to buy Skarner.

MMKH

02-19-2012

I'm currently interested in attack speed builds like that myself recently, and might give it a try on Skarner. Been having some fun on Blitz with mobility items lol.

Purelybetter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Bumping for elite scorpions. They'll leave you stinging.

Hoen

02-21-2012

I like the Music

Sulphy

02-21-2012

Lots of juicy killing action man, very nice! Nice video quality and choice of music too. Sucking people into turrets ftw.

Strägo

02-22-2012

What masteries do you use?