I Die Too Much

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

07-26-2010

Every time I play the game I'll rack up kills kills and kills...but deaths too.

I'll do good...but I keep dying. A lot. Like ******edly too much. The only way I avoid dying so much is if I play someone like Ashe or Sivir, who use extreme range to stay out of harms way.

What are recommendations for breaking my habits of dying a lot? :\

DarkConscript

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
learn to play

svartingr

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
Play cautiously. Don't feel comfortable harassing your opponents?

Tower hug. If they get close, whack them a bit. Then tower hug more.

Don't go for kills unless you're 125% sure you can get away with it.

And in team fights, make sure everyone else is ready. If you're tanking/initiating, check, check, and check again.

Take out the DPS targets first.

Greatrabe

07-26-2010

Not dying is really easy, and I'm not just talking about afking at fountain (the easiest way), however, if you really want to have super low deaths you will probably be sacrificing team efffectiveness unless you somehow get way more skilled. Now, how to not die while contributing about as much as you were before:

1. Look at the map, this will decrease your chances of getting ganked, you really don't want to be anywhere they can see you if there are enemies missing, unless you are in a group or at a tower. If you are alone and away from a tower check the map every 5-15 secs and if a single person is missing back up.

2. Do not save lost causes, I am foolish and do this all the time, especially when playing tank or support. If some fool runs into 3v1 and you are the only person nearby you should let them die, same goes for towers don't defend 1v4 (with a few exceptions such as if you are 90% sure you can save them and yourself or if you dying WILL save them and they have a big streak just let them die if you are not sure.)

3. Play someone hard to kill or build with a lot of survivability.

4. Information is key. Use wards, they make travelling through the jungle much safer, ideally you want wriggles lantern or just some wise use of clarity before you run through somewhere.

5. Do not chase enemies when fatal interception is possible. Whem an enemy is running through their allies in a team fight, don't follow them, there is a high chance of death even if you get the kill.

Zi0nized

07-26-2010

Much of this game is about logic. When you suddenly see 2 people disapear for a lane and you are DEEP into a opponent's lane, it is fair to assume they are gonna gank you in max 10 seconds.

Putting yourself into opponent's head goes a LONG LONG way.

Radamanthys3

07-26-2010

Dont get in the other champions range and last hit. Many people fail melee because they auto attack the minions instead of last hitting.

auto-attacking minions = you just standing there = sitting duck for a ranged character or a melee with a long raged attack like mundo's cleaver or nunu's ice rock thing

Jurren

07-26-2010

Nothing wrong with dying once if you take 2 ppl with you. After you win a team fight, check the scoreboard with TAB every few seconds. You should be healing at base when they revive. Don't push past the river unless you are 100% sure you can get away with it. Always let the toughest person initiate. Learn to guess how much damage you can do and how good you are at chasing (for turret diving). Listen to you teammates. Don't be stupid.

kokia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2010

Do you know what overextending is? Don't do it unless you see 5 enemies on your minimap.
Really that accounts for probably 50-60% of the 'useless' deaths that I see.

Leirkov

07-26-2010

1) Map awareness.

#1 here. There's a jungler, right? It's Warwick, let's say. And you just scored a kill in your 1v2 lane (you are the soloer against 2), and the other is pretty low. What are you going to do? Go hit the tower? No, you nitwit. Warwick will come out and kill you if he's smart.

#2 here, "mid mia" and you're past the opponent's river. You're gonna die, you're overextending.

When there's anyone missing (PLEASE use your mini map, I hate people who blame their death on me because I missed an MIA call, it's courtesy), please back off. Do not waddle up to their tower. You will die. Dying is bad.

#2, knowing the situation.

Let's say you're playing Tristana and a large team fight breaks out in the jungle. You think it's a cool idea to jump over the wall onto Ashe. Oh wait, nobody's there but Ashe.. and her entire team. GG, you died.

You, especially as a squishy, MUST NEVER BE IN RANGE. Or you will be focused, and die. Using my Tristana example again, you are in a teamfight. Sit back and kill the team by yourself, don't ****ing jump in it.

Oh wait, you're losing the fight now? Stay in? No. GET OUT. You are an important member of the team and the only hope of defending the tower against Sion and Singed. Go walk away. Seriously. One death is better than two. Losing four people isn't as bad as getting aced because you played stupid.

3) Know your role.

You are the tank? Good. Start a fight and let the enemy blow their CC on you while your team goes to town.
You are the carry? Good, sit back while the fight starts, then rape everyone and get a pentakill.
You are the support? Good, heal the carry. Protect the carry.
You are the initatior? Good, make sure everyone is ready, then ace them and win.
You are cleanup? Good, make sure you aren't gonna die and go kill Anivia who is limping away.

McRofls

07-26-2010

Just remember that dying to kill someone is never 'worth it'. Both of you surviving > both of you dying in most cases.

Tunnel vision is bad, and NEVER chase for a long distance. All you're doing is running into more of their teammates.