League of Legends PvE QUEST MODE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

02-18-2012

With all the champions available as well as the increasing lore of League of Legends, I wonder if it might be fun to have a Player vs. Environment quest mode.

Quest Mode consists of missions that take place on special maps created for questing.

Up to five players can join a quest and together they must make their way through waves of creeps and sub-bosses until they reach the boss of the mission, which could include A.I. champs.

For example, the team is asked to investigate a recent series of unusual activities by undead soldiers under the control of Karthus. As the team delves further into Karthus' realm, they discover that he is excavating a sinister artifact from ancient times that will transform all living people on Valoran into undead slaves. The team must then fight Karthus and two undead zombie dragons, using their abilities and special parts of the battle area that let them inflict extra damage or effects.

These quests would reward Influence Points and possibly treasure objects that can be collected to unlock special champ skins and special runes that can be used in quest mode as well as standard LoL.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Zink mentioned making it a separate game. Here's my proposal for that: Make it accessible from League of Legends game site by downloading a separate set of expansion files that are apart from the automatically upgraded LoL files. IF you have the expansion active, LoL will prompt you if you want to update the files for it or that an update is available. In-game settings can turn the expansion on and off for automatic updates as well.

EDIT: Grakor - "If you want a PvE mode for a game like LoL, then you'd probably want something along the lines of the Last Stand mode from Dawn of War 2, or one of the many "hold the line" maps from WC3. Bunch of champs fighting against increasingly difficult waves of creeps and bots, seeing how long they can hold out."

There could be more than one type of mission for the champions, ranging from defense to investigation to treasure hunting. I'd like to see Vayne lead a group to hunt down a criminal in the streets and alleys of the city at night.

SpartaanV2

02-18-2012

As long as Riot has an extra spot on the shelf next to Magma Chamber

Commander Yordle

02-18-2012

No. LoL is a MOBA, which means PvP. If you want PvE with quests then go play WoW.

Roshay

02-18-2012

Magma Chamber > everything

Lullabye

02-18-2012

Diablo 3 is already coming out though....

Fluff the Panda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

So you're saying you really want to sit there with boots and 3 pots kiting with auto attacks all day? I don't think so.

OH HEY we have a PvE in LoL.. it's called jungling.

JohnnyOmega

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikoKun View Post
So you're saying you really want to sit there with boots and 3 pots kiting with auto attacks all day? I don't think so.

OH HEY we have a PvE in LoL.. it's called jungling.
Quest Mode can also have puzzles that players have to solve during the mission, and enemies won't necessarily be what you have encountered in normal games.

For example, there was a game called Chrystal Chronicles where cooperative teams often had to figure out how to unlock the final area by examining clues and environmental objects during missions.

And by the way jungling isn't exactly the same type of PvE I'm talking about.

Rogue Exile

02-18-2012

LOL is about PvP, It's not an MMORPG. Go play WOW if you want that or wait for Diablo 3 to come out...

Sinornim

02-18-2012

Void Invasion.

Zink

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
No. LoL is a MOBA, which means PvP. If you want PvE with quests then go play WoW.
^this. im not usually against things, but PvE in a PvP-based game is just a stupid idea period.