Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing as Fizz mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarna

02-18-2012

Hey guys. I recently started playing Fizz again. I've noticed that im not as dominant as i used to be, and really struggle to farm when playing mid against brand, anivia, karth etc etc. Any suggestions/ videos as to what I should do? My problem isn't dodging their skill shots, im pretty decent at timing Playful/trickster, I just feel they zone me and i can't really farm until im literally pushed back to my turret.

LoRdJuGgErNaUtX

02-18-2012

imho i love it when i go mid as ryze/brand/ziggs/malzahar/viktor/twisted fate against fizz because i have yet to go against a good one. so maybe i am ignorant in saying that i dont think fizz is a very good mid.

now dont get me wrong im not hatin. im actually lookin at buying fizz right now so im really interested in this thread. to all you fizz pro's out there, is he a good mid? what do you guys do to make him a viable mid?

BrotherCaine

02-18-2012

Its because Fizz doesn't really have the option of a passive game that Arhi, Morgana and Ziggs has almost guarenteed if they wish it. If Fizz wants to last hit minions he will take harrass which only leaves him the option of dominating his lane.

First problem with that: Fizz cant really fight till level 2 and is still not at his best till lvl 3.

Second problem with that: Even if he wins last-hitting rights via domination (ie if you try to harrass me Lux i'm gonna unleash a hellstorm combo on your face!) he is much further forward in lane. A jungler need only waits till Fizz unleashes a trade then all his escapes for getting back to the tower are gone... fish not so slippery no more.

In Fizz's favour: once he is level six a full trade will destroy most enemy mages so even if a vulture jungler comes in at the aftermath Fizz can stay alive long enough for CDs to reset so he can dash then playful out.

Nevercrysis

02-18-2012

Mmm.... Anyr reason to use Fizz??

Best Warwick NA

02-18-2012

Fizz rapes mid, just ban kassadin, morgana, and whoever else you want....but those 2 are the only ones im scared off...maybe LB but she isnt ban worthy. All u do is harass, and learn to last hit, dont be afraid to use mana to get hits in. Also remember, this will make them cocky, so once u get lvl 6, ult flash dash, strike, strike, chase to tower, kill, trickster away from turrent = gg

Nevercrysis

02-20-2012

Good one! It will require hours of practice and lots lose! hehe!

Arkravatos

02-20-2012

I've played fizz since his erlease and on my opinion the key to lane with him is FEAR, make ur oponen fear you.Start with boots and 2 health pots,focus on last hitting till lv 4 and then do a couple pokes on the enemy mid, you know the standar W,Q,E, they will be wary of you and let you farm a little more, keep this up till lv 6 always harrasing as soon as they gain confidence back, one u are lv 6, throw a ult at them and kill them.
never let them get more than half hp.
Make them fear you.

Arkravatos

02-20-2012

I've played fizz since his release and on my opinion the key to lane with him is FEAR, make ur oponent fear you.Start with boots and 3 health pots,focus on last hitting till lv 4 and then do a couple pokes on the enemy mid, you know the standar W,Q,E, they will be wary of you and let you farm a little more, keep this up till lv 6 always harrasing as soon as they gain confidence back, once you are lv 6, throw a ult at them and kill them.
never let them get more than half hp.
Make them fear you.

Frychikn

02-20-2012

i dont know.. i seem to do very well against any mid except for mordekaiser and anivias that are pro as hell.

Worst Draven KR

02-20-2012

I agree with Arkravatos, starting with boots is better for the mobility. But mostly Range AP go mid. IMO Fizz is much better top where a Tanky Champ or Mobile Melee Champs like Trym or Riven go. That way you can work the farm and harass while keeping Playful/Trickster for escapes. You can more than likely start with a Dorans Ring there to for mana stability. Thats just my two cents.

-A fellow Fizz Player, theZackie