Ranked Fixes (Elo hell no more!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kermitkiller

07-30-2012

I'd like to start off by saying Hi, your probably here to either support or flame my idea and I welcome you either way..

Now I'd like to point out.. My main account has been in, out and through "Elo Hell" many a times and it starts to get extremely frustrating being pushed back down into "Elo Hell" by that 1 person on the team who can't play or shouldn't be at the rating they are at because they have some how miraculously been carried to such a rating! But as we all who have been through Elo Hell or are still stuck there now, although! there are those games where you also don't do to well.. (Everyone has their off games)

Now my way to fix this problem... Offer a Elo reset purchaseable from the store, or changes to the Elo system 'COULD' go as follows. Currently you lose 12-16 for a loss and gain 4-10 for a win (example). The way you could combat "Elo Hell" or those "tards" who drag you into "Elo Hell" is by adding a features like this:

Leavers/Afk: If there is an afk/leaver the game DOES NOT COUNT for the losing team. (No Elo Loss) But does count as a win for the enemy team at (Half the winning elo rate) Losing team can also leave once that 1 leaver has been voted as a leaver the team which has lost this player may now leave the game freely and the game will be forgiven ((no loss or win recorded) The person who left the game recieves full elo loss penalty and is reported to the tribunal) This option of this vote would only open up 5-10 minutes into the game. (allowing for errors and pc crashes)

Feeders: Riot likes to think they can believe in the Community right? Why not place a voting option where you have the choice to call a vote to report a feeder on the spot ingame! This would require 6/10 people in the game to vote for this option (# of Votes required subject to change) On successful voting the game would then register only a third of the elo loss of a normal game and the winners still gain Full Elo.

Trolls: Trolls will be dealt with the harshest out of them all losing 2,3 even 4x the normal Elo loss (at discretion of RIOT). Along with the feeding option and leaver/afk votes. This vote would require 6/10. It would remove the player from the game and give the team with said troll the option to surrender also making the game cost no elo loss to the team who had said person/s. Winning team would gain Half Elo for the game.

As for people who just plain cannot play or just really should not be at that elo (or able Que for ranked), that's an extremely hard thing to deal with considering any options or anything put in place would be extremely biased on the players of the current game (If that player had an off game would be unfair)

I'd also like to add something about the Tribunal System that RIOT has put in place. While the Tribunal system does infact work.. Those players who are reported should be given the option to defende themselves. As alot of the time 2 sides of the story have not been heard.

Example: Player A is being voted by his team for feeding, when really the problem with the game was he had no jungle support or asked his team for assistance at say Top Lane and recieved none.. Player A is now looked at as a feeder or a troll.

Alot of people who vote on the Tribunal simply look at the reasons look at the score and vote accordingly, alot of people don't actually sit there and read what happened in the game. With all this said, what happens if said person is of another nationality and does not understand the chat and cannot communicate with the team except via ingame pinging? you cannot see this in the Tribunal There is alot to be said for the Tribunal System and alot against said system.. Another thing I do not understand personally is how somone can be reported for being abusive or swearing? Aren't there countermeasures inplace for such things? /ignore for example.. Or the Automatically enabled Profanity Filter? I believe verbal abuse and swearing reports should be removed from the options list as they are preventable. I myself have been abused sworn at and unleashed upon by people raging. Be it my own team or the enemy team raging, Players need to learn to keep their profanity filter on if they don't like it or simply /ignore said person/s. With all this said I still stand firmly on believing that people should be able to defend themselves in the Tribunal.

Now I'm not sure if this is everything I wanted to say but it will have to do for now it's just a rough idea post

Thanks for taking the time to read it and Flame/Appreciate my Thread

Enako

07-30-2012

I personally really like these ideas. So many leavers/afkers, trolls and feeders are getting unpunished and we get punished for it and WE lose the same amount of elo for trying to win with this disadvantage. And what do you know, they're playing ranked the same day with no punishment what so ever.

Giving us the power to vote and TAG people as mentioned in the post (Leavers/Afk, Feeders and trolls) Will make for a better experience for players and not be punished by idiotic players.

Bromoner

07-30-2012

So how do we fix people picking Master Yi, Katarina and Tryndamere?

GoodnessJnr

07-31-2012

Bump, This needs to be seen.