Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guardian Angel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ttocsick

02-18-2012

Anyone else not like this item? I don't know if it's me, but I hate the idea of respawning once you die. Especially late game when the enemy team stands over your corpse waiting for you to respawn. Its a good item, for it's MR and Armor, I just feel like it's an underused item and when used, it's useless (Passive wise). Unless you get those rare situations where 1) Youre fed to hell, revive and get a pentakill or 2) The enemy team forgets about you once you die and you run away.

axesandspears

02-18-2012

Guardian Angel is not a good item for its armor and mr. The cost is almost entirely in the passive.

GA is only a good choice under two circumstances:
1. You are so important to your team that they cannot possibly do well after you die. This is rarely the case in games, and even when it is this means that you are likely to lose anyway.
2. You are an extremely defensive champion who is very important to your team due to disruption, cc, etc and your opponents have trouble killing mostly due to your resistances that they have trouble dealing damage through. If you are mostly tough to kill because of your health, forget this item because 750 health is clearly not enough for you.

Crazyflames

02-18-2012

Well GA is amazing early game, 750 health can be more than half your health early game. GA also allows you to regenerate HP while dead, you could very well revive with over 1000 health. There are very few champs that can use it effectively but it does give both defenses which is nice when building it.

Nea De Penserhir

02-18-2012

Guardian Angel is essentially having a 750 health Mini-You in the backpocket, that when combined with proper support may as well be You Version 2.

The difference is that You Version 2 should, hopefully, be alive while the enemy carry is dead and gone. Pop off a few more shots and ace the team.

MochiZ

02-18-2012

68 armor and 38 MR? I like that part better, most of time, it bring your champ to above 100 armor and 100 MR. that means with one item you have bring you up to 50% reduce damage. If you have 100 both armor and 100 mr, you should not look at this. This at least make you some defence instead of glass canno. of cause, you pick it when the Aegis of the Legion is pick by your teammate.

DreamsOfGrandeur

02-19-2012

If you hate it this much, it means you lack the experience and skill to use it properly.

When you improve a little more, you'll find yourself able to retreat sooner and be less likely to die. In these scenarios, you'll be able to make enough distance so that when enemies do catch up, you'll respawn in a safer location such as under a turret or in the midst of allies.

Guardian Angel isn't meant to be a godly "I have come back to smite you" type ressurection to erase the mistakes of a newbie.
It's meant to be an option for shifting even-fights in your favour by giving you a second chance, and an occasional safety net for when you make those tiiiiny missteps and overextend.

Kagami

02-19-2012

I like it on jungle Yi(my standard 6th item) and Irelia(in some more rare matches)

On Yi it's amazing item late it and frozen mallet give me enough defense to play aggressively with my ult in a team fight kill someone refresh my ult, let my team hurt/kill the rest revive and clean up what's left my ult again or alternative I can ult and run away if things didn't go as well.

While on Irelia I only take when I feel like my normal tanky items aren't enough, or the other team is so soft defense wise that I don't need more offensive power to any of them easily.

I can't say I really find it useful on many other champs though.

Bastilean

02-19-2012

If you plan on initiating a fight (you may be the first to die) then this item may be for you.

An enemy team standing over your corpse fighting your team is a lot different than an enemy team standing over your corpse. Make sure you are the earlier and not the latter.

trancepticom

02-21-2012

Awesome item. I buy it on tons of champions that benefit from the tankiness, and it is also often a deterrent. Its great for someone like Morgana who often has 3k hp from a single rod of ages, and needs the tankiness and the chance to stay in the fight. If your Morgana just got focussed hard and died, she's coming back and the enemy team jsut wasted all their cc on her

ModelT

02-22-2012

I like GA for what exactly it is, but I do wish there were more items that gave both Magic Resist and Armor. The Aegis of the Legion just doesn't do it for me... I want an expensive and all encompassing item for defense stats.

Builds From
- Negation Cloak
- Chain Vest
- Giants Belt

Gives Armor, MR, Health, and small speed buff for movement. Simple, to the point, and somewhat expensive.