New player - negative community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheersAllAround

02-18-2012

believe me, you are far from the first person with this problem. this community sucks. im now lvl 26, but when i first started, people were horrible. you ask for advice, and they reply with unintelligent responses. of course youre a noob, youre low lvl.
my advice, find some friends to play with, and simply laugh at all the people raging. smurf accounts are literally for people with no lives. it took probably 100+ hours to get to lvl 26. who in their right mind makes it to level 30, then makes a new acct?? in the game, they are the boss, now everything. in reality, theyre nothing

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

If it makes you feel better, I have a friend who can't beat the tutorial.

bombomb

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLamentingLoon View Post
This is a troll; don't listen to him.

You are running into a major problem in LoL that is perpetual: Smurf accounts, i.e. level 30s who make a new account under different names and then rag and rage at people such as yourself who are trying to learn in PvP.

1. The only way you can really learn the game is PvP. Bots are fine for learning combos or doing some practice games but as has already been rightly pointed out by Personsir they don't really take skill or teach you much.

2. Find a circle of friends who understand your need to learn. Skype, etc. is a good way to communicate and ask questions as you go. The other team may still harass but there is nothing you can do about it.
I'm pretty sure you can exercise your dislike of my post by down voting it instead of calling it a troll post. I stand by my statement that Bots are a fine learning tool. One that seems really under utilized. It may seem like to YOU that it requires no skill but obviously for a player new to the game they provide a fine challenge.

Personsir

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombomb View Post
I'm pretty sure you can exercise your dislike of my post by down voting it instead of calling it a troll post. I stand by my statement that Bots are a fine learning tool. One that seems really under utilized. It may seem like to YOU that it requires no skill but obviously for a player new to the game they provide a fine challenge.
Except that the OP doesn't want to do them, probably because he's moved beyond them. And speaking as a player who was recently new to the game, I could stomp bots every time when I moved onto PvP, but the skills don't exactly translate. In bot games, if you are low health, you can easily bait the bot into your tower. In PvP games, that won't work. So when I moved onto PvP, I was not very good. Luckily, nobody told me to "go back to bot games nub", but if someone had, I would have been fairly offended. In my opinion, one has every right to join PvP whenever you want, no matter what level you are.

crujuco

02-19-2012

Try Dominion. I find there is alot less rage there for some reason.

hotfire

02-20-2012

Lower your head and plow right into the normal games, with a trail of death's the like of which we. . . see every day. Who cares what the internet thinks. Only way to get better is to get beaten. One thing to remember: You will NEVER lose a game without someone on your team raging and throwing blame at someone else.

Aikimiller

02-20-2012

Feel free to add me, I'm normally on late afternoons / early evenings EST. I'm no Pro, but I don't mind giving some advice on the basics, and I don't mind losing the occasional game for the betterment of the LoL community. There are always going to be morons who troll and rage. That's what the ignore and report functions are for. Don't let them get to you.

The basic skills of the game do take some time to master. Pick a champ type, like tank, AP, or AD, assassin, bruiser, and learn a few different champs of that type.

And always remember, it's a game. If you find yourself not having fun, there's something wrong. And sadly, that something is frequently other people who just want to troll.

Danille

02-20-2012

Don't worry too much about ragers, I've played this game for almost two years, and I think that all of the WoW trolls got bored and plwed over to league cuz its easier to make people angry in LoL. Just do your best, you will never win every match. Also, when trying a new champion, do at least one bot round to get the gist of the champion (I still do that every time I buy someone new). Also, dominion is excellent due to the fact that you start out with a lot more gold, you level faster, and the games are quicker. Due to those things, people tend to not be nearly as angry and short tempered and call each other noobs. Just remember in Dominion to focus on turrets, and fight on turrets, otherwise you get stomped pretty easily.

Danille

02-20-2012

While I agree that the community is sucking these last few months, I think that all of the WoW trolls have migrated into LoL due to boredom. I have been playing LoL for nearly two years now, and am level 30 and a pretty decent player. I've taught several of my real life friends how to play and it is very simple: map awareness is your friend, always be looking at your minimap when you have a second. So many people fail due to their incapability to pay attention, and they blame others for their shortcomings. Also, whenever you try out a new champion, always do one bot round to get the gist of your new champion (I still do this). Another tip: wards are your friend if you are playing support, you can buy four potions and four sight wards in the very beggining of a classic match and it is extremely helpful especially when the enemy team has a jungler.

Also: dominion is a lot easier in the sense of team support and the absence of trolls. Even if you have a troll on your team, the matches last about 20 minutes instead of fourty. Also, you start out with a lot more money and you level very quickly. Just remember in Dominion focus on capturing turrets, and fighting on your turret in order to defend (people have a very healthy fear of turrets). I would recommend starting out as the first generation of champions (i.e kat, gank, ashe, soraka, cho'gath, kayle, etc) for they are easiest to grasp and do fairly well in most matches if played correctly.

Finally: when you are a new character, try to be reserved and watch others, and never stay still for more than a few seconds, learn other chamnpions skill shots and how to avoid them. I have seen countless new players fail not because they dont know how to play, but because they don't know their enemy.

Good luck and HAVE FUN, League of Legends is supposed to be enjoyable and engaging! Don't let trolls ruin your game, it's what they want! ^_^

Boondoxxed

02-20-2012

The community in this game as a whole is pretty bad. More trolls than even WoW. It's a fact you have to accept when you install this game. I find this to be the worst community of any game I've ever played, and i've played alot of online games in my time. the solution to this is to always add friendly people when you meet them (and it's very occasionally). feel free to add me ingame, i'm always happy to play a game on a low level account and teach a new person some of the ropes.