New player - negative community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ðanté

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxGJ View Post
The funny thing is this... You don't get runes or any mastery but you want to play LoL online. You go research guides, find a champion you like, and then queue up.

You decide to go AD and go bottom with a carry. You get chewed out because they are pushing your lane. Upon research the person you are fighting has triple your armor. Upon more research he is level 30 and fully decked in tier 3 runes with max mastery's.

It just sucks the designed it to where a level 10 gets shafted clearly based on runes/mastery's. I know, smurfs can do it but they have played longer then the 'new' players. Seems like a really lop sided disadvantage when starting a moba.
traditionally you shouldnt be playing against level 30s at level 10 unless you have in fact qued with one

Gratti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2012

Add me ingame: itzgrattii
Im helping my friends and they are on the newer side and ill be glad to let you jump in. Ill give you advice and tips and if you have ventrilo and a mic itll be so much easier.

Eviltwinlink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2012

Just research some guides for starters. Simply searching google the name of your champion will bring up tons of guides. Learn a basic build, practice it against bots. Until you're level 30 you can't fully utilize the runes and masteries but I would at least use them still. Once you get pretty good with bots, go pvp, and just ignore any nasty comments people give you. Once you get the practice you need you should be fine.

fiicere

02-18-2012

Quote:
All,

I started about a couple of weeks ago and I am still learning the game. Every game I play I get told to go play bots, go slit my wrist, or that I am being reported for feeding. If I don't die at all and stay back I get yelled at for not killing creeps. I am still working on finding that medium obviously, but I do not want to play bots.

I thought 5v5 was not ranked, no elo loss, so why the negative community there? These "smurfs" get mad if a new player is on their team, but they sure you don't mind when they are on the other side.

Long story short I have not received one tip, advice, gear suggestion, etc. It has all been name calling, insults, and "reporting". Where can I go to play with people my age and maturity level?

Thanks
I'm not saying you're in the wrong here, but I'm somewhat incredulous that you get ragged on every game unless you're playing very poorly. If that's the case, maybe you should play against bots for a while to learn basic skills. It's not ridiculous to play vs bots, I still do it for new builds and suchlike. Once you attain a basic familiarity with combos and controls, it's reasonably easy to not feed, even in PvP, given a healthy amount of ingame caution.

I do sympathize with you over the negative members of this community, but, let's be perfectly honest with ourselves: they are not going to go away. They abound in every online game and are irritating as hell to play with or against, but if you let that spoil it for you, then you should reconsider your approach. The most you can do is play well (so as to avoid getting reported), and then ignore anyone who still rags on you.

PS- I don't think you're going to get much constructive ingame advice, mainly due to the difficulty of communication during game. Nobody wants to spend half the game typing, so it's hard to give any really good feedback. I, for one, would do it if it were possible to type and play at the same time, however it isn't.

LoRdJuGgErNaUtX

02-18-2012

Quote:
All,

I started about a couple of weeks ago and I am still learning the game. Every game I play I get told to go play bots, go slit my wrist, or that I am being reported for feeding.
hey man dont sweat. first of all if these people are being complete and utter ****** bags to you and say stuff like that then report THEM for harassment. and remember if you try your hardest and someone says stuff like that and then report you, the reds will look at every peice of evidence. i think its so funny how people complain about getting banned for something they did that the reds found out from their OWN report being looked into. so more likely then not theyre doing them selves more harm\

-ps feel free to add meh

the funny thing is once you get good and move up in levels all the ragers and trollers are usually the ones that suck so its a strange world we live in my friend

YokoNomi

02-18-2012

@OP - I know fully well what you mean. Even when I'm the best player on the team I have almost been constantly harassed by one or more players on, on my own team no less, insulting my play styles, calling me names, etc.

I was about to make a thread about the Limbo of low elo hell for normal games, but it seemed better to just post here.

I am getting sick and tired of the attitude of this community. Naturally if it were every so often or less then I suppose I wouldn't mind. But several games in a row? Something tells me a lot of players have ****s up their asses. =/

P.S. - Btw, if you tell me to play better and have been constantly harassing me, what tolerance should I uphold to respect that demand? I do try when I can, but as a squishy against a full cc team, you can't expect much from me if my team goes off in random directions and can't last a single team fight. D:

P.S.S - No, my first P.S. does not mean I troll games or anything because of the harasser. Though I would be lying if I said I did not think of simply quitting a game or two because of how bad it has gotten throughout the games I've played.

LowEloProblems

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiicere View Post
I do sympathize with you over the negative members of this community, but, let's be perfectly honest with ourselves: they are not going to go away. They abound in every online game and are irritating as hell to play with or against, but if you let that spoil it for you, then you should reconsider your approach. The most you can do is play well (so as to avoid getting reported), and then ignore anyone who still rags on you.
It's actually funny you said this. Finally, after game 25 I gave up playing a 'harder' toon like Vayne and went Skarner. Took me only two games to master, yes master, this toon. Maybe, that's the trick... finding guys that just work for my play style instead of trying to follow some top tier hero guide.

People only cheer you on if you are doing well. I still don't get it though... this is not ranked, I can't even see a KD recorded? Could be blind and missing it... why do people really even care?

Want a fair match? Play ranked. If you are 200 elo, thats who you should play. If you're 1700 there you go. Why cry about unranked gameplay being lopsided? No @#*%@!

ADGarner

02-18-2012

Quote:
It's actually funny you said this. Finally, after game 25 I gave up playing a 'harder' toon like Vayne and went Skarner. Took me only two games to master, yes master, this toon. Maybe, that's the trick... finding guys that just work for my play style instead of trying to follow some top tier hero guide.

People only cheer you on if you are doing well. I still don't get it though... this is not ranked, I can't even see a KD recorded? Could be blind and missing it... why do people really even care?

Want a fair match? Play ranked. If you are 200 elo, thats who you should play. If you're 1700 there you go. Why cry about unranked gameplay being lopsided? No @#*%@!
You can press "tab" in game in order to look at K/D and item picks. Especially the enemy team. As you become more advanced you'll want to check their item picks before you make yours.

Moses McNukem

02-18-2012

This game has so many levels to it, and if you ever go to ranked, different ELO's will have different trends/counters/etc. So its the old mantra easy to learn, hard to master. Like everyone else said, the best way to enjoy this game is with a team of friends and have a good time while learning and getting better as you play.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who cannot accept the fact that:

A.) The other team's players may, just in fact, be better than you, rather than you being awful.
B.) Losing in a non-ranked match does not warrant raging because there is no penalty.
C.) People are trolls, love to make people feel like ****, and there is a report button post match for players who harass/are not being constructive team players.

I often find that in the bad matches that I play, and get outplayed by a good player/lane duo, I realize that the person doing the most complaining is also feeding his lane as well. So they would much rather point fingers and make excuses, as opposed to doing anything to recover from an early game beat down. League of Excuses is an acceptable name for this game some days.

Newatdizbrah

02-18-2012

OP is a newfag
/thread