Project Soul Spectre's Index Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roew

02-20-2012

bump

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

new champion is out

Kurenia, The savage amazoness

Roew

02-24-2012

bump

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

new champion concept released duplica, copier of the void.

Kurogano

02-25-2012

bump

Ossus

02-25-2012

The problem I see is that this seems too constricted. Surely everyone has ideas for a basic concept so everyone should be able to fill out a pool of those ideas and you can then prioritize them on which to expand on first.

I mean hell, we all have ideas, I could probably give you three kits (including the numbers) and three back stories along with basic aesthetic concepts just off the top of my head. Ideas aren't hard. The hard part is getting them out there, so I think you're needlessly limiting your overall effectiveness here by having such rigidly separate fields.

Tl;DR: Most people have more than one strong area, and by holing them into just one, you limit your overall capacity.

Insidious Ghost

02-25-2012

I would join but it looks like your concept group is full. I'm mainly a creative idea/concept guy (like abilities, names, design, etc.), but for some champs I thought up I took the time to go fully detailed in all aspects. I'm also pretty good with designing templates for abilities and such on illustrator.

I like to keep things unique, edited and organized while being as detailed as possible and not overwhelming. Here's my best concept to give you an idea on how I organize: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post21411620

Terratr0n

02-25-2012

I could lend my hand in art concepts???? if you're interested

Kurogano

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossus View Post
The problem I see is that this seems too constricted. Surely everyone has ideas for a basic concept so everyone should be able to fill out a pool of those ideas and you can then prioritize them on which to expand on first.

I mean hell, we all have ideas, I could probably give you three kits (including the numbers) and three back stories along with basic aesthetic concepts just off the top of my head. Ideas aren't hard. The hard part is getting them out there, so I think you're needlessly limiting your overall effectiveness here by having such rigidly separate fields.

Tl;DR: Most people have more than one strong area, and by holing them into just one, you limit your overall capacity.
We already do this... the idea for a champion and the basic concept (which would be the actual full kit with numbers etc) are 2 different things. The lore itself normally comes from the lore writers if there isn't anything present, but normally people have stories for their concepts. so no we are not needlessly limiting our overall effectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogano View Post
Position Description

Basic Concepts
- In charge of making ideas into proper basic concepts (there will be template)
- In charge of putting basic stats and numbers on concepts that do not have them
- In charge of base lore. This is what our lore writers will work with.
- In charge of basic description of looks if not already present.
It doesn't say anywhere that you are in charge of coming up with all the ideas.

Also no where did I say you are held to this position, but it is your main position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirgh0st View Post
I would join but it looks like your concept group is full. I'm mainly a creative idea/concept guy (like abilities, names, design, etc.), but for some champs I thought up I took the time to go fully detailed in all aspects. I'm also pretty good with designing templates for abilities and such on illustrator.

I like to keep things unique, edited and organized while being as detailed as possible and not overwhelming. Here's my best concept to give you an idea on how I organize: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post21411620
If your creative wouldn't you be good for the cosmetic position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terratr0n View Post
I could lend my hand in art concepts???? if you're interested
Do you have any examples of your work?

Terratr0n

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogano View Post
Do you have any examples of your work?
Each took about 1hr to draw by pencil, rough sketches all of them