Give the option to surrender before 20

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YukiSnowFox

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XphantomX88 View Post
U sire are a smart man.
Surrender is a privelege not an obligation
yeah, but you also have to understand that sometimes, when you're obviously going to lose, it's just not fun anymore, especially if your match is going on for an hour. i think the surrender option as it is right now is perfectly fine. if you make it to where you only need 3 out of 5, it'd be way too many surrenders when you could still win. if you've got someone afk and you really just want to surrender and can't, just tell the enemy team in pvp that you'll let them win, or if it's bots, just do nothing.

trainheartxii

07-25-2012

Who needs surrender? Score is 20-45 you are down and their entire team is fed. Ward your nexus and you auto win

Shardicus

07-25-2012

You remind me of Space Snape from Galaxy Quest. "Surrender... May be our only option."

You should take more inspiration from Tim Allen. "Never give up! Never surrender!"

Doldram

07-26-2012

This is a bad idea for soooo many reasons

The major reason is that many people when behind by 10 or so kills would naturally just surrender, and not waiting until the early game champions that fall off like Renekton or champions that aren't as strong in mid game like compared to their late game like Tristana.

Basically by having this surrender at 20 system Riot gives a chance for comebacks in games rather than just having people quit 5 minutes into a game when their team is down 5-0, because in my experience when the other team gets up a few kills they ALWAYS get cocky and they ALWAYS throw the game.

Also, referring to the idea of having a surrender vote of 3 out of 5 instead of 4 out of 5 can also be a dilemna. This is because 3 out of 5 is the majority, but it is not unanimous. When you have a 4 out of 5 vote it is much less common to see a game that will result in a comeback, while in a 3 out of 5 you would have those 3 people in a game who are like the rest of the league community who give up when they are behind by a few kills.

NotSoSuperMan

07-26-2012

I think you should be able to surrender at any point, but before 20 mins it must be unanimous.

Roflstompingz

07-26-2012

Personally, I think you should be able to surrender @ 10, but it has to be 5-0 to work.
At 15 it must be 4-0, @ 20+ 4-1 or something.
Might work :P

Trippa88

07-26-2012

I agree with the 4 votes needed to surrender, but what I don't like is when you get 3 to 4, 3/2 votes to surrender, the rest of the team knows they are beat but 2 players outta 5 wanna fight to the bitter end and that's just stupid,after 3 majority votes in a row the amount needed should change to 3 of 5 for surrender. I'm not one to give up even if the first 15min has been catastrophic but if the majority of the team over and over again realises that "aye we're pretty boned" then let them surrender and start a new game. Don't think Riot should change surrender at 20min but often when a team knows they are ****ed it's the noobs with the worst scores that won't surrender, while all the players that were doing well or ok know they can't turn the tide and just want out so they can play a new game and not spend another 20min while their team slowly gets grounded down and the enemy just has fun farming,ganking, finishing their builds and going for Baron for extra XP. I know there are players that want to rage quit as soon as the firsrtb 5 min don't go their way but don't force players to waste 10,20,30 minutes of their time when it is clear as day that your going to loose no matter what. To validate my point further, I have been on a good team that had lost all but one central turret and had 2 inhibitors down simultaneously, but we were good players, we defended, farmed their super minions and after an epic struggle actually won... but sometimes at 20/30 minutes you just know your pwned and the enemy is just toying with you at that stage,not only is this frustrating that you can't win but even more so that the enemy won't just finish you off and end your suffering.

Male Privilege

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xystris View Post
I usually know how the game will end in 8 minutes. I sometimes get surprised after an hour game but that is rare and being wrong 1 time out of 10 is not a justification for wasting cumulative HOURS on a no surrender vote. Please shorten surrender option.
If you can tell how a game will end in 8 minutes, you are either psychic or low elo where people feed 10+ kills in the first 5 minutes of play.