Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give the option to surrender before 20

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstroTurf1670

02-22-2012

The only way I can forsee this working is if they reduce the surrender limit by 5mins per dcd summoner. not likely though.

Deathcapt

02-22-2012

I think there should be a <5 minute no-contest vote. Must be 7/10 players. Cancels the match, in order to deal with people who drop after champ selection.

AstroTurf1670

02-22-2012

The gameplay has been improved to summoners rift games being anywhere between 25-50 mins, give or take. If your in normal blind pick it is very possible to come up against a team composition that is impossible to beat given everyone is a competent player. With the increasing number of champions, items, etc etc, there are going to be games where one composition Cannot beat another. It's not a matter of being out played, out farmed, out ganked, its none of that. Its the simple fact that with close to 100 champions, Five pre selected champs are guarunteed to beat another 5 pre selected, so on and so on. And this is why the Surrender timer is at 20 minutes. This is the point in the game where you can MOST EASILY recognize the outcome of the game. In some games you can recognize it in Loading screen. purely based on champion selection.

Increasing or Decreasing the Surrender timer would only benefit Trolls. Increase grants more feed time, etc etc, reduced time has people giving up and quitting to easily.

like i said in post above, I think the best way, if anyway, is to reduce the time based upon disconnections, 5 mins per player or something of the sort.

AstroTurf1670

02-22-2012

Quote:
Deathcapt:
I think there should be a <5 minute no-contest vote. Must be 7/10 players. Cancels the match, in order to deal with people who drop after champ selection.

Now theres an original thought. Well Put!

killràven

02-22-2012

There should not be a surrender vote based on time, it should be based on circumstance, if an extreme imbalance is present. If there is a 15 kill or more advantage to one team, if there are disconnections or players who are afk, then allow a surrender vote to take place. I will concede that perhaps after the alloted game time of 30-40 minutes you can vote to surrender, but rarely are games decided within the first 20 minutes. respawn times are so fast at this point, why should the rest of your team suffer because of your own foolishness. Each player should only be allowed to call two surrender votes as well, if your team doesnt want to surrender and you are continuously trying to vote every time the game will allow it, you should receive a penalty.

All in all please force players who voted yes to a surrender in ranked to play one normal game before returning to ranked play, this will remove a vast majority of the negative attitude players from the player base for at least one match after you were forced to leave winnable games at 20 minutes because of whining players.

Most games are voted to surrender not because they were not winnable but because the person who wants to surrender harasses the rest of the team into not being willing to try anymore. I have lost dozens of games surrendering 4 people to my 1 because of single players spamming chat saying vote yes over and over in all caps, or refusing to play until the game is surrendered, most often in games where they only died a few times or were only slightly behind.

The Ferret Guy

02-22-2012

I think we should be able to surrender in the first three minutes of the game in case we get an afk/leaver. After that we "abstain the right to surrender" until 20 minutes.

They probably don't let us surrender too quick in order to prevent ip farming from losses..

Maybe lower or remove ip gain for an immediate surrender? I dunno.

EDIT

Also, abstain votes. Those should be counted for a surrender, not against it. Having a 3 to 0 vote and still having it not pass is excruciating..

Magic CXIII

02-22-2012

personally i think in normal it should be more like 15, but in ranked it should be taken out of the game

RonnyRulz

02-22-2012

I agree. Sometimes at 15 minutes, even earlier can result in a need to surrender.

For example, 2+ people start afk the entire game.

Another example, after 10 minutes they are already in your base grouping in 5, destroying you easily.

Crustededge

02-22-2012

AFK is just part of the game and what you risk by not Qing with friends.

As far as surrendering early. I was in a game this morning where we were down 2-8 at 16 mins in and half the team wanted to surrender. I got triple kill on veigar and then our Cait started wrecking as well. We ended up winning the game at 38 mins with 28-12. Sometimes being behind can help your team more then hurt it because the other team gets over confident and starts trying to 2v3 you and keeps losing. Just be patient and coordinate with each other.

Dont be a ****head downer on the team and show some confidence, most the time it can be turned around.

Neartheninjaz

02-24-2012

Quote:
Levinthian:
Ya i never surrender. Even if im on a bad team im so mad i say no all the time to make them suffer dying more so they can maybe learn what not to do. BUT when people afk and u want to end b/c its impossible sometimes to win an uneven game, they should let you surrender b4 20 if there is an afk. and the timer should be at maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

but this isn't something that you should do all the time because it really does give you a bad impression on others and makes playing the game very hard for some because you dont really know what people are doing or why they are doing something. it might not even be there fault as it has happen plenty of enough times with me that when someone doesn't connect or leaves i dont just report them if they really did nothing wrong about that game sometimes it really is just bad luck , or server problems so you should take that into consideration when you start to decline votes to surrender .it there for a reason