Fizz vs Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Mid lane. Who will most likely win, saying they're both as good as the other (experience).

I'm asking this because I've been maining Fizz for about 2 months now, every game I see i can get Ap mid, i ask if it's possible not to ban Kassadin, baiting the enemy team to catch him up. Every time my allies are kind of accepting grudgingly. And, except once, i've totally dominated the Kassadin in lane.

I feel like Fizz can beat him pretty easily since Kassadin's burst is mostly divided equally between Force Pulse and Null Sphere, and Fizz can ''dodge'' Null Sphere with Playful/Trickster. Then jump on Kassadin, bursting him down to around half HP (no ultimate used).

I'd like to know if my allies were right being kind of unhappy, first, with that kind of upcoming confrontation. (explain please)

If you wonder, I roam around 1400-1600 elo.

PJ Barber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

I think Fizz can do a pretty good job beating Kassadin in line.

But I can see why your team would be hesitant to not ban him just so you could beat him in lane. Kassadin's still a terror when he goes to gank the other lanes and he can still pick up kills and be a threat late game. They may just want to ban him so they dont have to deal with his annoying shenanigans rather than chancing you beating him in lane.

Just my two cents.

TwchTvSlitelohel

02-17-2012

Fizz should win early. Kassadin will win later probably.

Fizz doesn't snowball as hard and has weaker ganks.

Wyl

02-17-2012

I mostly agree with you PJ Barber, yet Fizz is one of the mid who can follow Kassadin pretty easily, he also possess a good ganking power with 3 kind of gap closers, built in Health Regen Reduction, 1 slow and 1 ''terrain'' disruption (shark). I do agree though that the fact Fizz is underplayed in comparison to kassadin makes this matchup a bit worrying for allies.

Slitthroat, Fizz can actually snowball pretty hard, just you need to be able to land his ultimate or your statement is true.

KissBlade

02-17-2012

If you dodge null sphere, you basically destroy him. So if you're good at Fizz, it's in your favor. If not, he wins hands down.

Gobmas

02-17-2012

Assuming equal and high skill levels in both players, Fizz would win that lane a majority of the time. He can zone Kass from minions fairly well early on, and once Kass' Q actually gets some damage, Fizz can just dodge it with Playful.

Also, the DoT and delayed damage + CC ult would generally make it hard for Kass to get away if he ever got jumped on by Fizz, with Fizz dealing enough damage to take Kass from 100-0 in one combo; Kass, however, can't take Fizz from 100-0 even assuming he catches him off-guard as long as Fizz has any defenses at all.

AangTheAirbender

02-17-2012

You don't even have to dodge the null sphere, you can QW through it, which is what you should be doing EVERY SINGLE TIME he tries to cast it.

Azadeck

02-17-2012

I've played as kassadin vs fizz, and all i notice is that i have to "trick" and juke my silences more carefully. It comes down to who has the better reaction time/lag/"skill". I literally beat every fizz i've faced, as kassadin because i turn and follow him, pretending to Q, then i walk away, and as i walk away i ult in and silence null sphere, then walk away scott free. Keep in mind i know fizz's cooldowns because i own him too. Therefore, when i get my silence dodged, i know i have the next one guaranteed to land.

TL;DR a good Kassadin will BEAT fizz if he pays attention to fizz's cooldowns.

AangTheAirbender

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadeck View Post
I've played as kassadin vs fizz, and all i notice is that i have to "trick" and juke my silences more carefully. It comes down to who has the better reaction time/lag/"skill". I literally beat every fizz i've faced, as kassadin because i turn and follow him, pretending to Q, then i walk away, and as i walk away i ult in and silence null sphere, then walk away scott free. Keep in mind i know fizz's cooldowns because i own him too. Therefore, when i get my silence dodged, i know i have the next one guaranteed to land.

TL;DR a good Kassadin will BEAT fizz if he pays attention to fizz's cooldowns.
If ever you're interested, I would like to try to 1v1 you with Fizz. I admit the quality of the Kassadins I've faced has been fairly low, but I'm still not convinced that Kass can really do anything against Fizz. I'd really like to try it against some better Kassadins. If you're interested, my ign is Yako. I run HP/Lvl seals, 21/9/0 masteries.

Also, I have a Fizz guide on solomid.net
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=11920

Let me know if interested. This goes out to basically anyone who is any good with any champ. I can always improve my laning phase.

Taliesin

02-17-2012

This is one of the few lanes that's actually in favor of Fizz. Pre-6, Trollpole his Q and beat his face in. Post-6, anticipate his R (there's a very short animation), Trollpole his ult and W, land your QW before he can re-target and silence and run him down. Ult and ignite him if you can finish him off.