New to Fizz.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

psdjklgfuiob

02-17-2012

Can someone tell me a good play style and build for fizz because i just bought him.

Thanks,
psdjklgfuiob

Glorious Bird

02-17-2012

Rune wise: MPen Marks, Flat armor Seals, CDR Glyphs, 1 MPen Quint and 2 MS or HP

Reasoning: MPen Marks and the Quint have you at 10 flat penetration. With Sorc boots that is 30 which means you are doing TRUE damage to anyone lacking bonus MR through runes, items, or leveling (some champions get a 1.25 per level)

Flat armor seals let you take minion hits/hits bot when you have to and live through the brunt of top damage in the first few fights. Some people prefer armor per, but it's just not worth it regarding armor since by the time the pers becomes superior armor becomes a relative non-issue if you really need some.

CDR Glyphs. Fizz benefits from CDR. The faster you can cast your skills the more you can Q, faster W pops up (which means you can push faster), and it's directly tied to your survivability by lowering CD of trollpole. MR Pers are also viable. Unlike armor MR is harder to itemize so pers are better.

Quints - Flexibility. I use the mentioned or 1 HP+2 MS. It's up to you really. +AP would work too.

Some people like to throw in AP per/flat AP in seals and sometimes glyphs. Could work, but I don't like the squishiness personally.

Skill wise R > W > E > Q. I've heard people leveling Trollpole, but eh.

I prefer 9/21/0. Fizz has more trouble taking a hit then dealing a hit so I don't really find all that much worth in the deep Offensive beyond the pen and CDR paired with Defensive MS/CDR.

For summoner spells Ex/Ig or Surge/Ig or Ex/Surge.

I mostly play Fizz bottom, but he's a very viable top since he's great at knocking off points and he just does a lot of damage while being pretty slick. All I can say for top play is don't do stupid things. For bottom play you can't beat a lot of the power bottoms, but for most you can. Fizz isn't that great of a pusher when an enemy is there so pretty much your train of though should be to wait for a vulnerability and ride their ass hard. Chances are they won't live as your W hits very hard. In a lot of cases you can trollpole onto then, W, and Q if they start to get away or you need the extra oomph. The safe way is to Q on, a few auto attacks with W on, and then Trollpole if things get dicey - you can either hop away, after them, or slow them.

I have heard of a ton of different item builds. I've tried a lot of different ones with success so it's really up to you here. Any general AP build likely works. For myself, especially bottom, I have been fond of getting DFG for the CDR and just giving you absolute 1v1 dominance, but as long as you get sensible AP with situational resistances you'll be fine. I haven't tried AD/Hybrid so you'll have to hear from someone else about that. Oh and I am no Fizz pro. Merely posting what I use with success.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Fizz is one of the characters I main. I play him very much as an assassin, tending to prefer going top and ganking bottom lane from time to time.

Magic Pen reds
AP/level yellows
AP/level blues
Flat AP Quintessense

21/9/0 talents, pick up all the damage you can in the offensive tree. Pick up health in the tanking tree. You can split the first 4 points as you see fit between magic resistance, armor, and summoner spell mastery.

Typically I run exhaust/ignite but I have been playing with revive a little lately.

Surprisingly Riots recommended items are actually pretty good.

I like to start with Blasting Wand + boots rushing deathcap followed by sheen into lichbane. After lichbane max out your CDR (well, 39% CDR) - get the CDR boots and build the CDR Tome. Games are usually pretty close to over by this time. If games go long I finnish with either a haunting guise or void staff depending on exact income.

Notes on this - you will be tight on mana until you build sheen. Manage it by picking up health/mana packs when you can and by using smart recalls. Don't overcomit and run out of mana.

The other option I go is if I want the hextech sweeper. Typically I decide if I am going to get it right away. If there are two or more 'stealthly' champions then I definately go this route. Stealthy champions are not just eve or twich, but include champions like alaki, vayne, wukong, and talon. If there is only one of these champions then I get a hextech only if I think they will be problematic, but it is a judgement call.

Start with a kindlegem+boots. Finnish Hextech Sweeper. Get a sheen then deathcap, finnish with lichbane. Game is usually over by this time but if the game goes long finish the first level CDR book and get a haunting guise.

If I need to go bottom (which I don't recommend until you have some expirience, and even then there are heroes that can wreck Fizz) I get start with a Catalyst rushing Rod of Ages for some HP. Get your CDR items early then choose either lichbane or deathcap, you probably won't be able to finnish both. Harrass by charging in with Q+W and use E to get away. If you can get them to about half HP while you maintain a good health pool it's probably a good time to go for a kill, hop in for damage, ignite and exhaust if you have them, and lay into them with your W and Q if they try and run.

Ability tips
Try to use Q and W together.
I like ranking W to 3 then maxing E. Reduced cooldown time on the hop is so very important.
Make sure you can land your shark, it can often be the difference between a clean kill where you barely get scratched and you dieing.

About the hop (E)
This ability more then any other is what makes Fizz, well Fizz and is the hardest thing to master. Knowing when to use it to close distance or get away makes the difference between a good Fizz player and a great one - because you absolutely will need to use it for both. With great timing you can dodge incoming abilities, but that can be difficult.

This is a pretty general statement but as long as your E is off cooldown you don't die. With max CDR and your hop at level 5 it's around 4.8 seconds, it's like a mini flash that you can use for damage. You can also use it to travel faster across the map (just watch your mana early game).

AO Alt

02-17-2012

<- 2200 elo, maining Fizz along with Jax at the moment (about 100ish Fizz games on Dom)

Skill order (tried all of em): I've found out that you want to level R>Q>W>E. Leveling E is bad since it bugs ~30% of the time causing self-stun and no damage, and w isn't as good to level since getting lower CD on the movement skills is essential.

Runes: Mpen marks, armor seals, mr glyphs (or cdr), AP quints

Item build:
Prospectors (or ruby + amp into haunting at first bp)
boots into cdr boots (get them after rabadon's)
Sheen as first item after the two basic ones
Rabadon's after that, if you get blasting wand and later bp and only have 1350, buy lich bane, but try to get a needlessly for rabadon's
Get the cdr boots now, or after lich bane, then whichever you didn't get.
Void staff
Zonyai's
Never gotten further

It also works to go ruby + amp tome into haunting gauise into sheen and then sorc shoes and THEN rabadon's.

And you absolutely *have* to go top if you're playing at a decent ELO; since anyone will devastate you at bottom in the early levels. It's not until after lichbane and rabadon's and you can really boss *anyone*, before that you're "all in" fighting style only works in team fights and snipes (aka top).

Some random tips:
Smart cast on ult is great, since it's so slowish, getting it faster is great
Never jump in with E unless you absolutely HAVE to. Use q, and then save e to use as an escape move, unless it's 1v1 and you need burst.
Don't underestimate your burst. One of the highest burst casters in the game and very few champs survive the r>w>Q>e combo after you've got lb and rabadon's.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

I've never had 'E' fail except when I am trying to jump the wall at top. The only other time it doesn't work is when I try and hop around a corner but don't get the angle right, but that is just bad play on my part.

AO Alt

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktitan View Post
I've never had 'E' fail except when I am trying to jump the wall at top. The only other time it doesn't work is when I try and hop around a corner but don't get the angle right, but that is just bad play on my part.
If you land *exactly* ontop of someone it bugs out and you get self-stunned for about 1 sec and does 0 dmg. It can also happen randomly when jumping around (perhaps if you press e to quickly) and then you self-stun and no damage.

Happens *way* too often for me, maybe 10-20 times a game.

Hawktitan

02-17-2012

I'm not seeing what you are describing. Just played a game with fizz and tried to replicate that problem but wasn't able to, so *shrug*

psdjklgfuiob

02-17-2012

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Really helped!

ababababcbcb cb

02-22-2012

I was going to make athread asking the same questions, but this one really helped, Gonna try out Fizz today!

Frychikn

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Rune wise: MPen Marks, Flat armor Seals, CDR Glyphs, 1 MPen Quint and 2 MS or HP

Reasoning: MPen Marks and the Quint have you at 10 flat penetration. With Sorc boots that is 30 which means you are doing TRUE damage to anyone lacking bonus MR through runes, items, or leveling (some champions get a 1.25 per level)

Flat armor seals let you take minion hits/hits bot when you have to and live through the brunt of top damage in the first few fights. Some people prefer armor per, but it's just not worth it regarding armor since by the time the pers becomes superior armor becomes a relative non-issue if you really need some.

CDR Glyphs. Fizz benefits from CDR. The faster you can cast your skills the more you can Q, faster W pops up (which means you can push faster), and it's directly tied to your survivability by lowering CD of trollpole. MR Pers are also viable. Unlike armor MR is harder to itemize so pers are better.

Quints - Flexibility. I use the mentioned or 1 HP+2 MS. It's up to you really. +AP would work too.

Some people like to throw in AP per/flat AP in seals and sometimes glyphs. Could work, but I don't like the squishiness personally.

Skill wise R > W > E > Q. I've heard people leveling Trollpole, but eh.

I prefer 9/21/0. Fizz has more trouble taking a hit then dealing a hit so I don't really find all that much worth in the deep Offensive beyond the pen and CDR paired with Defensive MS/CDR.

For summoner spells Ex/Ig or Surge/Ig or Ex/Surge.

I mostly play Fizz bottom, but he's a very viable top since he's great at knocking off points and he just does a lot of damage while being pretty slick. All I can say for top play is don't do stupid things. For bottom play you can't beat a lot of the power bottoms, but for most you can. Fizz isn't that great of a pusher when an enemy is there so pretty much your train of though should be to wait for a vulnerability and ride their ass hard. Chances are they won't live as your W hits very hard. In a lot of cases you can trollpole onto then, W, and Q if they start to get away or you need the extra oomph. The safe way is to Q on, a few auto attacks with W on, and then Trollpole if things get dicey - you can either hop away, after them, or slow them.

I have heard of a ton of different item builds. I've tried a lot of different ones with success so it's really up to you here. Any general AP build likely works. For myself, especially bottom, I have been fond of getting DFG for the CDR and just giving you absolute 1v1 dominance, but as long as you get sensible AP with situational resistances you'll be fine. I haven't tried AD/Hybrid so you'll have to hear from someone else about that. Oh and I am no Fizz pro. Merely posting what I use with success.
HOW DID YOU GET UPVOTES?

AP per lvl runes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CDR runes