"Being Bad At The Game..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

horror5how

02-17-2012

"...isn't a punishable offense."
- Tribunal Tips

Except in ranked games?

All animals are equal
But some animals are more equal than others

Mpalm

02-17-2012

Not in ranked games either.

Four legs good, two legs bad.

WinterJadeRabbit

02-17-2012

I just finished a game where a player decide that the team was "noob" and gave up. He started randomly going AFK and feeding the enemy. He'd randomly go, "oh no, I died" after feeding. I and the rest of the team were able to push the game out to over 1 hour. So at the end the game, everyone is level 18. Him? Level 14 and 2 pieces of equipment. Who's worse for the game, him or a bad player? I'd rather play with someone who tries than with someone like that.

Sentient23

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterJadeRabbit View Post
I just finished a game where a player decide that the team was "noob" and gave up. He started randomly going AFK and feeding the enemy. He'd randomly go, "oh no, I died" after feeding. I and the rest of the team were able to push the game out to over 1 hour. So at the end the game, everyone is level 18. Him? Level 14 and 2 pieces of equipment. Who's worse for the game, him or a bad player? I'd rather play with someone who tries than with someone like that.
i have seen many many 4v5s go in favor of the 4. i have even been on a 3v5 (me 3) and managed to come back and win. its just the fact that leaving the game is not as detrimental as a rager/feeder/etc that ruins the game for everyone. i would rather have someone leave the game then get angry (ruin team morale) and/or feed the entire game. quite often when people start raging i will tell them that i wont report them for leaving but i will report them for raging. rage-quitting at a key point in the game is different however.... in ranked it is completely different and 5v5 is more than desirable.

i do find that when there is an early game leave/disc the team is usually much more oriented on working together, and less inclined to place blame for mistakes (on the people that are still playing of course) which i believe is why games can be won in 4v5 so often. it is almost as if everyone rallies together and the outcome of the game doesnt matter anymore, just playing and having fun. so the 4 seem to play together better than the 5.

mongoroid

Recruiter

02-17-2012

It's punishable when I'm reviewing cases.

Distillz

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient23 View Post
i have seen many many 4v5s go in favor of the 4. i have even been on a 3v5 (me 3) and managed to come back and win. its just the fact that leaving the game is not as detrimental as a rager/feeder/etc that ruins the game for everyone. i would rather have someone leave the game then get angry (ruin team morale) and/or feed the entire game. quite often when people start raging i will tell them that i wont report them for leaving but i will report them for raging. rage-quitting at a key point in the game is different however.... in ranked it is completely different and 5v5 is more than desirable.

i do find that when there is an early game leave/disc the team is usually much more oriented on working together, and less inclined to place blame for mistakes (on the people that are still playing of course) which i believe is why games can be won in 4v5 so often. it is almost as if everyone rallies together and the outcome of the game doesnt matter anymore, just playing and having fun. so the 4 seem to play together better than the 5.
did he just say that leaving the game is not as bad as a rager? Did he? Feeders are not always intentional feeders either.

Funny that ignoring someone is so hard that you would rather play a 4v5 =/

zydoll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Can we just change this thread into more Animal Farm quotes?

Secrets

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

I was reported for intentionally feeding the other day, and I told them that I was just new to the game.. guess they didn't report me for being an unskilled player, because they knew I wouldn't be punished. =/

horror5how

02-17-2012

WookieeCookie was pretty clear on this. If you're bad at champ select (which is clearly a part of the skill in this game) then you could be banned. His point implied that a certain amount of skill is required to play in ranked games, and many posters agreed. A common theme was that if you're no good at all classes of champ, then stick to normal or bot games. Hence, you have to be at a certain skill level to play in ranked games, and if not, then you can be banned. This is a direct contradiction to what it states on the Tribunal page while you're judging games...

"All that year the animals worked like slaves. But they were happy in their work..."

MrRufferto

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyZatanna View Post
I was reported for intentionally feeding the other day, and I told them that I was just new to the game.. guess they didn't report me for being an unskilled player, because they knew I wouldn't be punished. =/
How do you know?