Sivir VS Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Landlordy

02-16-2012

My friend is telling me that a Vayne/random support bot would beat Sivir/random support bot pre level 6 if their skills are equal. No exceptions.

He says that all of Vayne's abilities do damage or so she would outdamage Sivir. He also says that lategame she's more useful because she has awesome mobility and can turn invisible to assasinate enemy carry.

I'm saying that Sivir's spellsheild would be able to stop most stuns/slows in laning phase during an exchange and she would come out on top because of good damage on q and w,

There were other points made but not too important.

In general is my friend right or am I right? I mean both have their advantages, but what does the community think?

Edit: Thanks for the replies guys. Knew the community wasn't that bad.

Quintessence

02-16-2012

graves beats them both.

edit: fine, sivir should stomp vayne due to having a much stronger laning phase than vayne.

Tenmar

02-16-2012

This is WAY to general to actually give you a proper answer...

But I can say that if this was pre level 6 it would probably depend on which carry actually gets a crit OR if vayne actually can dodge Sivir's BB.

Aidan M xD

02-16-2012

He is wrong, Vayne loses lane to basically every other AD carry.

Landlordy

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
graves beats them both.
Maybe, but I'm not asking about graves.

Cromathor

02-16-2012

If you know, for a fact, that you are not going to have to deal with a Jungler, and that for a fact you are going to play against a Sivir then there is no reason to even get Condemn as Vayne, you'll do better baiting spellshields by tumbling away from boomarangs and sniping her.

They can each win this lane based on how well Sivir can throw boomarangs, and how well Vayne can avoid them.

My money is on Vayne.

Excited Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

If Sivir use her abilities to harass in laning phase, she will push the lane then get open to ganks. A Vayne can use silver bolts and tumble to harass without pushing the lane.

Brian218

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Vayne:Early/Late damage. Slower push with the same items. Counter tank
Sivir:Good early/Mid damage. Push like a boss and strong aoe with a great ulti for teammates

Clous

02-16-2012

Vayne only wins if she captilizes on mistakes, then she snowballs incredible. If you don't make mistakes, she doesn't snowball and is pretty meh. Not just that, she really has to be level 4 to have any killing potential, so you can just bully away before that point and she really can't do jack all.

Even when she does, she is incredibly unsafe late game because once people have oracles, you die near instantly. Whereas sivir can cheat death several times with her ultimate/spell shield stopping CC. Vayne basically requires a team of cc, whereas sivir does not.

Both are strong picks, depends on the situation on which will be stronger. In a lane environment though, sivir/x should win.

Enyalus

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlordy View Post
He says that all of Vayne's abilities do damage or so she would outdamage Sivir. He also says that lategame she's more useful because she has awesome mobility and can turn invisible to assasinate enemy carry.
Sivir is more useful late game because of her ult. Vayne is still more of a threat late game though. And beats Sivir in lane. It's probably the only matchup that Vayne wins, she's so weak in lane.