Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The system must change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insector Sun

02-27-2012

This is getting DISGUSTING, i dont wanna play with this guys with 200 normal wins who think they're really good, PLEASE RIOT, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

Mylon

02-27-2012

Resetting elo for season 2 was a silly idea. It merely created elo hell all over again for some of the people that managed to finally escape.

Besides that, elo really ought to be tied to normal elo.

wutisdisidonteve

02-28-2012

Just be good. If you're playing with bad players its because you are bad.

Bendial

02-28-2012

Yup, I'm tired of getting queued up with players who AFK. The game should come with a pause and substitute feature. Someone goes afk, game pauses while it looks for a sub.

Insector Sun

02-28-2012

"Just be good"
K, u cant be good alone, its the same of NOTHING.

Haunchbones

02-28-2012

placement matches, like sc2 does, that way if someone is really good (as most people say they are) they are just placed into gold/plat to begin with and then ya, all is well, also trolls and afks will sit low and stay low.

also, make the placement based on how you personally do in each game, not solely on win or lose

Haen

Recruiter

02-28-2012

What do you propose is a good system though? Wins? I have 300 wins, but I'm consistently better than guys with twice that number. Ratio? I know guys who are good players who screw around a lot in normal games and hence have a poor ratio. Plus, are you going to penalize/reward people for their performance in normals. Ranked is supposed to be a whole new game. You need a fresh baseline to start from.

The system does work itself out over time, but it does take a lot of time and you have to play a lot of games. If you're consistently better than the other guys at your elo, you will raise in elo, even if its slowly.

bjmg1998

02-28-2012

They should make a preview before a game starts saying "Are you sure you will play this match?" If not please leave the Que so that people do not enter ELO hell, Thank you

Insector Sun

02-29-2012

You have 300 wins? Ok, here, play with this guys with THE SAME WINS. People come and say, "If you're playing with bad players, its because you're bad", it doesnt make ANY sense, its like i said, u cant win alone, im not asking for always win, im asking for GOOD players, when you're in this elo, you CAN'T get out, i have seen so many good players there too, but they cant get out.
I'm getting so many "trolls", they pick what they want, feed, and blame eachother, acting like kids, they prob are,but... w/e.

Metaphisto

03-01-2012

Wins mean absolutely nothing. In normal games I have almost 400 wins and I am normally paired with people who have around 1000 or more wins. If wins meant everything I would lose every single game. I usually win more often than lose because I am better than my opponents....who have 1000+ wins while I have just under 400.

So again, why would being paired with someone who has the same number of wins as you help with anything? If it doesn't help in normal games it won't do anything in ranked games.