The best Nautilus guide you'll ever read

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Blaqk

02-16-2012

Okay, so I'm a jungler player and usually go as Rammus and play a key role in ganks and team fights. I will give you just the basics of my Nautilus build such as runes and item builds and numbers. I do believe this build is amazing for jungling and one of the best builds out there.

Summoner's spells:
Flash
Smite

Runes:
Flat armor yellows
Armor Pen reds
MR per level blues
+1 gold Quints (You can sub this out but I personally use it because my overall item build is 14k gold so it makes it faster)

The key to build is level up fast and get items fast.
Items:
Start with norm boots and +3 hp pots
Buy philosophers stone next trip then heart of gold.
This will give you much needed gold faster and sustain
Then go for Mercs/Ninja depending on situation
Go Atma's impaler
Then start Warmogs with Giants belt
After finishing off Warmogs go Banshee's veil, good start is negatron cloak
After completing B.V. finish up with Sherylia's reverie and Raundin's omen.

End game items:
Shureylia's Reverie
Raundin's Omen
Banshee's veil
Atma's Impaler
Warmog's
Merc Treads

Masteries are
0/21/9

I did the math and this build deals amazing damage and is a great tank. I'll post the numbers later but try it!

LVL18 Stats:
4305 Health
1475 Mana
206.5 Armor
151.5 MR
213.5 Basic Attack
20% CDR
18% Crit Strike

Notable stats:
+35 Ten
65 Hp regen
15 Mana regen
20% chance on being hit to slow attacker's movement and attack speed by 35% for 3 secs

You want to take advantage of striking blow and use it to root enemies. Nautilus is a team fighter that initiates, CC's and survives and is even better 1v1. Use W mid game for offensive and defensive purposes; works great when you need some armor or extra health to escape. Q is a great initiate and good escape tool also as long as you're near jungle or walls. E clears creep waves and jungles very fast and helps early and late game.When you land a striking blow on an enemy that is a crit...enjoy the moment.

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

While your item selection may be good, I reaaaaaally question your build order. And kinda question getting Banshee's at all--it's really not a very good item for what it does. It has a nice effect, but isn't a heavyweight defensive item, especially considering its cost. So basically, you have no armor and lowish HP during the entire laning phase.

Also, GPs quints + double GP5s to start is a recipe for ehhhhhhhh... You justify it with the whole "this build is really expensive." I'd say that's actually a large part of the problem. It takes a LOT of gold for your build to reach the point where it actually does anything. It's not just that the full product is expensive--it's that the point at which your build starts helping you isn't reached until most of the way through. And by then, the game's often decided.

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinnyshin View Post
While your item selection may be good, I reaaaaaally question your build order. And kinda question getting Banshee's at all--it's really not a very good item for what it does. It has a nice effect, but isn't a heavyweight defensive item, especially considering its cost. So basically, you have no armor and lowish HP during the entire laning phase.

Also, GPs quints + double GP5s to start is a recipe for ehhhhhhhh... You justify it with the whole "this build is really expensive." I'd say that's actually a large part of the problem. It takes a LOT of gold for your build to reach the point where it actually does anything. It's not just that the full product is expensive--it's that the point at which your build starts helping you isn't reached until most of the way through. And by then, the game's often decided.
I wonder if it's meant for counter cc. He might not have an interruptible ult like fiddles or nunu, but I've seen plenty of ganks fail from a stun or slow.

Shinnyshin

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikerfox View Post
I wonder if it's meant for counter cc. He might not have an interruptible ult like fiddles or nunu, but I've seen plenty of ganks fail from a stun or slow.
QSS (1440)> Banshee's (2715).

I'm guessing he does it more for the health and mana for anything else...but it's still really not worth it generally.

I mean, I honestly wouldn't devote an item to that purpose during laning phase...for example, Warden's Mail (1350), Giant's Belt (1110), Negatron Cloak (740) together cost only a little more than a Banshee's. Of course, you itemize for the team you're facing.

Really, though, my main problem is that he buys a big item, an alpha item, a really expensive item that isn't terribly efficient and is primarily designed against one kind of attack...and it's his first real item. I mean, he doesn't even budget for a bit of armor as a jungler, which makes your clear much more convenient. In the overwhelming majority of cases, if you accumulate a gold advantage and then spend it on a first-item banshee's as a tank, you just wasted your gold advantage.

If you're really scared of magical attacks, double negatron or negatron giant's belt is probably a better way to go. If you're terrified of CC, QSS is gold. Otherwise, you have to worry about other things too. Normally, Merc's is enough for a tank.

Edit: Replying here just to save space. Yeah, that's a much better solution--though rushing Atma's first can be risky, as I'm sure you know. My problem wasn't so much with buying BV at all, but rather when it was purchased.

Mister Blaqk

02-16-2012

Perhaps youre right about B.V. but I favor it. With B.V. in this build it provides health which provides which increases my AD, I also get mana that's much needed with nice MR. W hat I totally agree with is my item order. Instead of B.v as my first real item I should rush Atma's instead. I seriously dont worry too much about my armor because my W does work offensively and defensively. If you like though and if I face an AP carry that sucks, I consider GA or sunfire. I will leave my B.V. in though but builds after Warmogs and Atma's.

TimillCT

02-17-2012

Atmas Impaler? No man... No.

Sub atmas for rod of ages

HippiekillerVX9

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimillCT View Post
Atmas Impaler? No man... No.

Sub atmas for rod of ages
I disagree. I dont build off his ability power at all and it is very successful. Building his as an AD tank works and it works well IMO.

I dont always get Atmas in my builds but I understand why he would.

CrimsonBlade42

03-19-2012

ive tried this build out and it does work wonders...if you can get the right items at the right time yes it worked well for me albeit i never use BV ive usually gone for something for proactive like another warmog or bloodthirster....