"Must-Have" champs to be competitive.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DinerCar

02-15-2012

There are a couple of champions you see relatively often in ranked, I figure that's a good place to start for the kind of roster you need to have on your account to be able to be competitive.

Tops:
Irelia, Gangplank, Yorick, Rumble, Renekton

Mids:
Ryze, Morgana, Kassadin, Brand

Jungles:
Skarner, Udyr, Maokai, Lee Sin, Nocturne

Support:
Taric, Soraka, Janna, Sona (oh wait those are the only supports HUHEUHEUEHEU)

AD:
Caitlyn, Vayne, Sivir, Graves

Shipda Chef

02-15-2012

kennen. AP tf mid.
top= leesin, tryn, gragas.j4
jungle J4?
AD: ashe.

Tytrus

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinerCar View Post
Support:
Taric, Soraka, Janna, Sona (oh wait those are the only supports HUHEUHEUEHEU

I've already wrecked all of those supports with Kayle as a support. Nice try.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

There's something here you're not realizing. First, almost every champion in the game is effective in the right line up.

In addition, there's a lot of champs you have left out, and some that aren't as strong as you appear to be suggesting.

Top: Cho'gath, Riven, Nasus, Talon, Akali, Tryndamere, Wukong, Singed and Nidalee all stand out as champs you seem to have forgotten.

Mid: Xerath, Cassieopia, Malzahar, Annie, Ahri, Vlad, Orianna, and even Anivia have been neglected. And BTW, ryze isn't that strong of a mid early. He peaks way more mid and late game.

Jungle: You have clearly forgetten Rammus and Shaco. Think they're always banned or something? Gangplank and Shyvanna are also excellent junglers, who you have left out.

Support: You forgot Alistar. (DERP) And Leona. And Blitzcrank. All are good at running a kill lane, and Ali even has healing. Heck, even Karma and Kayle can function well.

AD: Miss Fortune, Ashe, and Corki can all be very strong champs as well.

Not sure what leaking tub the OP's ELO is floating at. But in general, you shouldn't have to own all 45ish of the current strong champions in order to play ranked.

My 2 cents
-Savage

Brother Of Dux

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
There's something here you're not realizing. First, almost every champion in the game is effective in the right line up.

In addition, there's a lot of champs you have left out, and some that aren't as strong as you appear to be suggesting.

Top: Cho'gath, Riven, Nasus, Talon, Akali, Tryndamere, Wukong, Singed and Nidalee all stand out as champs you seem to have forgotten.

Mid: Xerath, Cassieopia, Malzahar, Annie, Ahri, Vlad, Orianna, and even Anivia have been neglected. And BTW, ryze isn't that strong of a mid early. He peaks way more mid and late game.

Jungle: You have clearly forgetten Rammus and Shaco. Think they're always banned or something? Gangplank and Shyvanna are also excellent junglers, who you have left out.

Support: You forgot Alistar. (DERP) And Leona. And Blitzcrank. All are good at running a kill lane, and Ali even has healing. Heck, even Karma and Kayle can function well.

AD: Miss Fortune, Ashe, and Corki can all be very strong champs as well.

Not sure what leaking tub the OP's ELO is floating at. But in general, you shouldn't have to own all 45ish of the current strong champions in order to play ranked.

My 2 cents
-Savage
Tryndamere? Really? Only times I find him successful is if enemy top is leashing, so I get the 1 vital second to build up crit =3

Cvillain

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
And BTW, ryze isn't that strong of a mid early. He peaks way more mid and late game.
While he is a carry and I generally agree with this, he can be good in certain mid situations at the start of the game, mostly against melee. He's got decent early pokes and harassment with Q and W and their relatively fast cds, as long as you can smartcast and not get snatched up by a stun, or draw the jungler's attention.

Kleeck

06-25-2012

Naut is a solid support as well.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

I stopped reading when you listed the first two tops as Irelia and Gangplank.

Where's your Olaf/Malphite?

xCry0x

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
I stopped reading when you listed the first two tops as Irelia and Gangplank.

Where's your Olaf/Malphite?
I stopped reading when a tread called 'Must-Have champs to be competitive' was written by a non platinum ranked player.

And yea, I dont even play top lane but I would say: Olaf, Malphite, Vlad, Wukong, Jax are the 5top 5 tops I see and none of them were on this master list.

Similar situation in every lane.

And morgana and kassadin mid? That would be great if they were not banned in the majority of games, yea you should have them just in case but I would not plan on playing either of them mid.

roughneck65

06-25-2012

Why does everyone leave out Kog maw he is a strong carry imo