Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tip: Make gold faster with any champion!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceIcyColdACE

12-13-2010

Quote:
enkichild:
Just buy my video to unlock the secrets!

- Stop your tower from stealing your gold! To do this, wait for the tower to hit a minion, then attack that minion. Towers bring minions to near death in one hit, and they leave a small window open for you to last hit.

Not after one hit on the melee minions. If they have full hp wait after two hits then strike as turrets do about 47% damage. On the caster minions they do about 75% damage, so hit first (if at start of game) then strike.

MorteshDoomLord

12-14-2010

Quote:
Calbrenar:
A better example is probably someone like Tryndamere or Twitch. If they get a gold advantage from a couple of kills (or just farm very well), they can demolish entire teams and totally change entire battles.

The entire reason you try to give a carry a solo lane is so they can get last hits and farm an exp advantage. The reason you do that is so that they get enough gold to get items so they can gank and get kills. Giving advice to players that they should try to get last hits is horribly bad.

Take Soraka for example. She's a fantastic champ. It's also very easy for her to get last hits. She is game changing without needing a lot of items. It would be far better for a tryndamere to get the killing blow then Soraka. That is true for almost all support/tank champs. Yes its possible for a well played Zilean to put out some serious hurt but he's not going to solo their entire team like a well played geared Yi can. Not to mention that most of what Zilean can do to swing a game is completely item independent.

Generally speaking kills should go to characters that scale very well with gear. There's a reason they are called carries.

I play a tryndamere. early game its kinda slow. i play solo middle lane because that huge jump in exp i earn is essential for speedly late game.

my build is BT, serk boots, IE, LW, and 2 more BTs.

maxed out this translates to over 300 bonus dmg, 75% life steal, 65% increased attack speed, move speed 2, and 40% armor penetrate. with a 250% crit dmg + trynd's bloodlust.

early game gold is essential so a carry's ability to destroy a team. if i can get a bloodthirster by level 8. i generaly become unstopable and hit level 18 while others are still at 14. i start massing kills withs cores of 20+/1or2

i've tried playing duo lane with him and can't do nearly as well because i'm sharing last hits with a team mate.

this goes to show that last hitting is an amazing advantage to have and a general carry will do more damage getting the last hits than another character.

if a tryndamere gets 100 last hits. he can do significantly more damange than a tank getting 100 last hits.

the tank has the ability to stun regardless of last hits.
that one stun is enough for a carry to come in and destroy at least 3/4 of someone's health.

BenTheBoss

10-23-2011

Alistar is a tank. Tank's aren't as item-dependent as carries. Ashe, for example, is a carry. If Ashe and Alistar lane together, and Ashe gets all of the minion kills, then she will get more gold, get better items. and win the game for the team in the later team fights. If Alistar gets all of the minion kills, then he will get more gold and get better items. But in Alistar's case, items really don't matter as much as for Ashe, or any other carries. Tanks are supposed to initiate fights and protect the carry in the laning phase. Tanks might need items to do this better, but carrys need items to even do their job. And trust me, carries having more gold WILL win the game against a team where the tanks have more gold. Also, the gold items (Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, etc.) are pretty much designed for tanks and supports to still keep up on items while letting the carry get gold. If, after reading this, you still think that the tanks should be last hitting, please play another game.

airraidsiren

10-23-2011

Quote:
enkichild:
- Do not continuously auto attack minions. Never attack a minion unless that very hit will kill it and earn you gold.

Just so that there is no confusion to new players regarding the "never" in this advice, is only valid early game when trying to farm. When you're to the point of pushing a lane, obviously clearing enemy minions as quickly as possible takes precedence over last hitting.

Also, this advice is champion-specific, not general. It may work for Alistar, but this thread is titled "Make gold faster for any champion" and for for many champs, it is beneficial to auto-attack minions to soften them nearly to the point of death and then use a special skill (esp an AoE one) to guarantee last-hit multi-kills. If you wait for you minions to do all the prep work, you're not going to be farming as fast as possible.

Quote:
enkichild:

- Do not stand still, or in the open. Always pace back and forth behind your minions waiting to score a last hit.

This is totally situational. Pacing only matters if you're trying to avoid harass from an opponent with a skill shot. The minions don't care how much you move about, and moving around too much will make it harder to get to be in the right place at the right time for maximum last hits. Sometimes it's best to be standing still in the middle of your own minion front line (or just behind them).

Quote:
enkichild:

- Stop your tower from stealing your gold! To do this, wait for the tower to hit a minion, then attack that minion. Towers bring minions to near death in one hit, and they leave a small window open for you to last hit.

If your goal is to maximize your gold, you don't want to fight right under the tower, period. The tower will rob you of caster minion gold no matter how good you are.

TwistWrist

10-23-2011

This thread is old. Look at dates.