Tip: Make gold faster with any champion!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enkichild

Member

07-25-2010

Just buy my video to unlock the secrets!

Just kidding!

Hey everyone, I thought I'd share a technique I use to give me an advantage over my opponents every game!

A lot of people complain about champions like Alistar (The big bull), because he has no farming ability. This means he makes less gold than everybody else and then ends up with less items. He doesn't really attack fast or have good spells for killing minions, and he isn't good for killing champions with a last hit. (Assist get you no gold!) However, this isn't true. You can use a technique that is easy to learn with a little practice in order to remedy the aforementioned problems.

So next game, go ahead and try this: Pick Alistar, and at the 15 minute mark try to have more minion kills than the person playing solo mid. The way you're going to do this is by focusing your energy towards getting the killing hit on creeps and champions. To do this, follow these steps:

- Do not continuously auto attack minions. Never attack a minion unless that very hit will kill it and earn you gold.

- Do not stand still, or in the open. Always pace back and forth behind your minions waiting to score a last hit.

- Stop your tower from stealing your gold! To do this, wait for the tower to hit a minion, then attack that minion. Towers bring minions to near death in one hit, and they leave a small window open for you to last hit.

- When ganking a champion, always try to earn that last hit to get the gold. It's not cheap to do this, everybody in the game needs gold equally. One person having 12 champion kills is not as good as three people have 4 champion kills. Always fight for your share of last hits. I recommend you save your headbutt to last hit with, so be sure to prioritize ranking up headbutt over pulverize because it will do more damage.

Try to follow these steps, and post a screenshot of your success. Take a look at my screenshots, and how at 15 minutes on on par with everyone with last hits even though I'm Alistar. The second screenshot shows me having 6 kills, which is rare as Alistar!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

finalformeskimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-25-2010

As one of these tanky champion, you should give the last hit to carries and your killers whenever possibly and try to get the last hits they miss though, as they need it more than you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enkichild

Member

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalformeskimo View Post
As one of these tanky champion, you should give the last hit to carries and your killers whenever possibly and try to get the last hits they miss though, as they need it more than you.
This is not correct, a carry does not need more gold than a support.

If you are so sure about this, explain why.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

finalformeskimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-25-2010

Carries are very item dependent.

Tanks soak up damage and initiate fights, stunning and get it going, which are generally directly related to their abilities rather than items. Infact carries are generally very bad early on due to their item dependence, and the faster say a Jax buids up that rageblade the sooner he is effective. Throw a high ASPD item like a Bloodrazor/Last Whisper/Stark's he suddenly becomes capable of 3v1 making him hands down the most important part of a teamfight, and you going in and getting that group stun so he can start melting people with the rest of your team, probably resulting in an Ace in a few seconds with the rest of your team using all their burst and DPS is worth far more than you being able to take more damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enkichild

Member

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalformeskimo View Post
Carries are very item dependent.

Tanks soak up damage and initiate fights, stunning and get it going, which are generally directly related to their abilities rather than items. Infact carries are generally very bad early on due to their item dependence, and the faster say a Jax buids up that rageblade the sooner he is effective. Throw a high ASPD item like a Bloodrazor/Last Whisper/Stark's he suddenly becomes capable of 3v1 making him hands down the most important part of a teamfight, and you going in and getting that group stun so he can start melting people with the rest of your team, probably resulting in an Ace in a few seconds with the rest of your team using all their burst and DPS is worth far more than you being able to take more damage.
So they CC Jax, focus fire him. Who's left?

Ya exactly, the guy you let get every killing blow just exploded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speusippus

Senior Member

07-26-2010

Concerning minions, you're describing "last-hitting" which is already very well known on the forums.

If everyone is doing it (as they should be) then Alistar will still be worse off than everyone else when it comes to minion kills.

This is okay, because Alistar, being a natural tank, doesn't need items as much as others--another thing well known on the forums.

Concerning last-hitting on champion kills, you are suggesting that it would be okay to hold back one's attacks in order to get in the last hit. That is dangerous, and contrary to principles of teamwork.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enkichild

Member

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speusippus View Post
Concerning minions, you're describing "last-hitting" which is already very well known on the forums.

If everyone is doing it (as they should be) then Alistar will still be worse off than everyone else when it comes to minion kills.

This is okay, because Alistar, being a natural tank, doesn't need items as much as others--another thing well known on the forums.

Concerning last-hitting on champion kills, you are suggesting that it would be okay to hold back one's attacks in order to get in the last hit. That is dangerous, and contrary to principles of teamwork.
If you look, I was keeping up with everyone with minion kills. So either, not everybody is doing it, or you're wrong. Now obviously not everyone is doing it, which is why I posted it in the new user forum.

Getting champion killing blows is very important for every person on a 5 man team, and if you do not have any, then you absolutely should hold back moderately in order to get it. At the 25 minute mark, if everyone has champion kills on both teams and you have none, you're at a serious disadvantage in gold unless you haven't died.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calbrenar

Senior Member

07-26-2010

Tanks and Carries (depending on the tank) need gold more. The reason someone is called a carry is because if you feed them and they are any good they will basically solo the other team for you. This is situation dependent as well as team dependent.

Example:
Your tank is Rammus. Your enemy team is primarily physical damage/auto attackers. Feed Rammus some early gold so he can get Randuins/Thornmail and he will basically win the game for you.

A better example is probably someone like Tryndamere or Twitch. If they get a gold advantage from a couple of kills (or just farm very well), they can demolish entire teams and totally change entire battles.

The entire reason you try to give a carry a solo lane is so they can get last hits and farm an exp advantage. The reason you do that is so that they get enough gold to get items so they can gank and get kills. Giving advice to players that they should try to get last hits is horribly bad.

Take Soraka for example. She's a fantastic champ. It's also very easy for her to get last hits. She is game changing without needing a lot of items. It would be far better for a tryndamere to get the killing blow then Soraka. That is true for almost all support/tank champs. Yes its possible for a well played Zilean to put out some serious hurt but he's not going to solo their entire team like a well played geared Yi can. Not to mention that most of what Zilean can do to swing a game is completely item independent.

Generally speaking kills should go to characters that scale very well with gear. There's a reason they are called carries.

I like to play Gangplank a lot. My gangplank build (a variation of condons winplank) can be ridiculous late game where I can nearly oneshot champs like TF/Teemo/Ashe etc. I still wouldn't try to take kills over a carry though because the way I play gangplank he's kind of a one trick pony. Yeah his Parrley hits for a bazillion dmg but once I do that I'm out of the game for 3.6s. Yi with the same amount of gear can pop E and R, Kill one champ, double stack E & R, kill the second champ, triple stack E&R kill the third champ etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Abbendis

Senior Member

07-26-2010

Also another tip for getting gold would be to invest in an Avarice Blade or a Heart of Gold


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

Senior Member

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkichild View Post
So they CC Jax, focus fire him. Who's left?

Ya exactly, the guy you let get every killing blow just exploded.
If they do this, your tank failed his initiation.

-Carries, by definition, need the most money
-Tank need enough cash to buy some survivability, but they tend to rack up enough assists to keep them going so they shouldn't be trying for last hits on champs in most cases (and a few tanks, like Ali, need almost nothing).
-Support generally needs the least amount of items to be effective.

There is a reason why people whine when someone on the opposing team gets 'fed', especially a carry. A couple of early game kills can quickly snowball into more kills midgame and then that 12-0 jax/tryn/corki WILL stomp your team. You may catch him off guard and CC/kill him if you go at him 5v1 and the rest of his team isn't there, but you are going to lose every single team fight and most likely the game.


123