Who beats Renekton top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandrock7383

02-16-2012

I went 5-0 on one with Volibear top recently. He seems to be a very solid pick. Also, Olaf will steal his lunch money.

LexCor

02-16-2012

As a consistently strong Renekton player, I'll agree that Olaf is one of my toughest customers. Riven as well. I will correct, however, that with his great gap closer and stun, ranged champions don't fare as well against Renekton as they do other solo tops. The biggest threats are champions who can outburst then bully or out sustain. If I can't push Irelia or Gangplank off creeps early enough, I'm in trouble, but early I can out bully them if I itemize and bully properly.

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrock7383 View Post
I went 5-0 on one with Volibear top recently. He seems to be a very solid pick. Also, Olaf will steal his lunch money.
Oh you funny.

KentukyWaterfall

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexCor View Post
As a consistently strong Renekton player, I'll agree that Olaf is one of my toughest customers. Riven as well. I will correct, however, that with his great gap closer and stun, ranged champions don't fare as well against Renekton as they do other solo tops. The biggest threats are champions who can outburst then bully or out sustain. If I can't push Irelia or Gangplank off creeps early enough, I'm in trouble, but early I can out bully them if I itemize and bully properly.
Good call. Have you had success against Olaf, besides facing sub-par competition?

LexCor

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentukyWaterfall View Post
Good call. Have you had success against Olaf, besides facing sub-par competition?
As you said, short of the Olaf player being greedy or green, he'll win the lane. The best I can hope for it to avoid dying, defend the tower and farm safely. Minimize poking, it just makes the Viking angrier.

It's one of those match ups where I'll inform my jungler/middle early that Olaf will give me a hard time and I'll need some love around level 5 and up... sometimes, regardless of skill, certain match ups will work against you, and you need your team to help bear the load. Hence the critical nature of drafting and counter picking.

If your team doesn't help, just ignore their whining when he's avalanching through your AP AND AD carries without breaking a sweat.

Magic CXIII

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVendetta View Post
Any advice?
skilled kennen play, teemo, galio, malphite, shen, basically ranged with escape mechanics/more damage or can out tank his damage and stay in lane to farm. Ive beaten good renektons with irelia but i have a 90% win ratio with irelia in ranked at 1500.

RobBae

04-10-2012

I know this is an old thread, But I researched this, and I can say for sure, Poppy is his hardest counter.

TatsuyaSuou

04-11-2012

Buy armor. /thread.

Corrupt Angel

04-11-2012

I play renekton and well riven destroyes me Jarven and nasus are even with those it comes down to skill though. Never Jax I played one once on solo top I went 5-0-3 in lane against him. PLus about 90 minions at 11 min

UncutCIoud

04-11-2012

Gangplank